Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Loading... Please wait.ApplicationDetails
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Type: Full Time
Sector:Hospital, Public and Private
Internal Number: R1602
Vice Chair, OB/GYN Diversity and Inclusion
We’re saving lives, building careers, and reimagining healthcare. We can’t wait to grow alongside you.
Tufts Medical Center is seeking a leader and educator to serve as Vice Chair for Diversity and Inclusion in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology. This person will report to the Chair of Obstetrics & Gynecology and will work collaboratively with all department leaders to champion Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI).
Why join our team:
- We value compassion, innovation, collegiality, diversity, ethics and caring for each other and our patients.
- You will be a part of a thriving environment for faculty scholarship and research.
- You will be part of the larger Tufts University community with broad opportunities for collaboration with the other Schools and Departments (Medicine, Public Health, Dental, Nutrition, Veterinary, Engineering and Arts and Sciences) and research institutes.
- We strive to be a people-focused organization where the patient is at the center of everything we do. We provide high quality care and foster a work environment that is flexible and in-tune with the desires of a modern workforce that values work/life balance.
How you will transform care:
Strategy, accountability, and quality improvement
- Working closely with the Chair, evaluate current DEI climate across the categories below and develop DEI focused strategies for the OB/GYN department with specific metrics and timelines.
- Work with and serve as a department leader in DEI initiatives across Tufts Medicine and the Tufts School of Medicine.
Clinical leadership in reproductive justice
- Serve as attending physician within your clinical area of specialty.
- Develop assessment tools for identification of systemic and obstetric racism, bias, and inequities in patient care.
- Design and enact sustainable department funded interventions to address inequities with ongoing evaluation of outcomes.
Recruitment, retention, and advancement
- Work with the Chair, HR, Tufts Medicine DEI leadership, division leadership, and education team to attract, retain, support, and mentor residents, faculty, and staff from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds.
- Foster an inclusive work environment in which all members of the department have a sense of belonging, thrive, and are supported to reach their career goals.
Education and policy
- Lead department wide training and ongoing education.
- Review department policies with a DEI lens and revise as needed.
Who you are:
- A Board Certified OB/GYN Physician in any subspecialty.
- A dedicated leader in the reproductive justice and maternal health field with strong interpersonal skills to lead, inspire and sustain change.
- Committed, nationally-recognized clinician and educator with demonstrated expertise in DEI.
- A professional with passion for mentoring underrepresented faculty, residents, and staff.
About Tufts Medical Center:
Tufts Medical Center is a 410 bed, quaternary care hospital, the principal teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine. Tufts Medical Center is at the forefront of education and research, training the next generation of physicians, including 48 residency and fellowship programs to include over 450 residents and fellows. We conduct groundbreaking basic, clinical and health policy research and are in the top 10 percent of independent institutions receiving federal research funding and conduct $50 million annually in extramurally-funded research. Our quality initiatives consistently place us in the top 15% of all hospitals in the Vizient system. With the highest case mix index of Boston area hospitals, we are proud to provide world class care. Tufts Medical Center has earned both Magnet accreditation and Leap Frog A designation.
About Tufts Medicine:
Tufts Medicine is a leading integrated health system bringing together the best of academic and community healthcare to deliver exceptional, connected and accessible care experiences to consumers across Massachusetts. Comprised of Tufts Medical Center, Lowell General Hospital, MelroseWakefield Hospital, Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford, an expansive home care network and a large integrated physician network, Tufts Medicine has more than 15,000 dedicated care team members providing more than 1.5 million patient experiences per year. The health system is the principal teaching affiliate for Tufts University School of Medicine. Tufts Medicine came together in 2014 to leverage the experience of its member organizations integrating their missions to transform the ways that our patients and families engage with and experience their care.
Work, Live, and Grow: As an employee of Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization you will receive:
- Guaranteed Base Salary
- Substantive 401A retirement plan
- CME Funds and Time Away
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
Location: Tufts Medical Center, the principal teaching hospital for Tufts University School of Medicine in Downtown Boston.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.Interested and qualified candidates are welcome to send a Cover Letter and CV to:Jillian GreenbergSr. Physician RecruiterEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tufts Medicine is a leading integrated health system bringing together the best of academic and community healthcare to deliver exceptional, connected and accessible care experiences to consumers across Massachusetts. Comprised of Tufts Medical Center, Lowell General Hospital, MelroseWakefield Hospital, Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford, Care at Home — an expansive home care network, and large integrated physician network. Please note that effective October 1, 2021, as a condition of employment at Tufts Medicine, all employees and new hires must have received their complete dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, unless they have been granted an exemption. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at Tufts Medicine. Tufts Medicine does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation by emailing us at email@example.com://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18622448/vice-chair-ob-gyn-diversity-and-inclusionLoading. Please wait.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005