Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 4 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Loading... Please wait.ApplicationDetails
Location: Billings, Montana
Type: Full Time
Salary: $17.00 - $21.00/Hour
Sector:College / University
Required Education:High School
Internal Number: -
Rocky Vista University
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University in Billings, MT has an opening for an
Security Officer (Full-Time)
We are hiring 2 Safety Officers that will cover shifts between the hours of 6:00 AM and 12:00 AM/Midnight. Shifts will vary from 8-10 hours, with the occasional 12-hour shift as needed. Both Security Officer positions will be required to work weekends, with days-off scheduled during the week.
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
$17.00 - $18.00 per hour. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.
RVU offers a full benefits package that includes Health, Dental and Vision insurance, along with 2 weeks (minimum) accrued paid vacation days per year, 12 accrued sick days per year, personal days, 13 ½ paid holidays (if security officer works holiday you will be paid time and ½ instead of holiday pay) and 401(K) match up to 7% based on employee's contribution.
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence: We are Rocky Vista University (RVU), a diverse, equitable, and inclusive healthcare education university that recognizes, values, and respects the commonalities and differences reflected in our students, staff, faculty, and alumni. We strive to be compassionate healthcare educators and practitioners who embrace and champion diversity, equity, and inclusion.
RVU is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Campus Safety Officers provide safety and security for the university through patrols of buildings and property, monitoring the closed-circuit television camera system (CCTV), and other measures to ensure the safety of the students, faculty, staff, and guests as well as safeguarding university property.
Essential Job Functions
- Conducts physical patrols of the campus, monitors CCTV, and manages the access control system.
- Responds to emergency calls including but not limited to medical emergencies, personnel safety, theft, and fire; contact emergency agencies as needed.
- Participates in organization and departmental safety programs.
- Reports all incidents to the Manager and/or Supervisor of Campus Safety & Security.
- Create and maintain a log of security related activities including detailed reports in CAD/RMS and other programs.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with faculty, staff, students, law enforcement, fire, EMS, and other emergency management officials.
- Follows safety best practices and works to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors.
- Assist the Manager and Supervisor of Campus Safety & Security in identifying high risk areas and initiating actions to reduce risk exposure.
- Enforce State and Federal laws, and University policies and procedures on campus.
- Assist in the evacuation during emergency situations and drills.
- Provide safety escorts to various locations on campus for staff, students, and guests.
- Receive and document all lost and found property and attempt to identify the proper owner.
- Distribute mail, assist with event set-up and take-down, answer the security phone line, and be a resource for questions and requests received.
- Assist with the coverage of shifts due to illnesses, vacations, Holidays, etc.
- Help build a culture that respects, values, and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned by the Manager and/or Supervisor of Campus Safety & Security, Director of Campus Operations, and Dean as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, local and state agencies, and visitors.
- Maintain a positive and personable demeanor that enhances the University culture.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based multicultural environment.
- Able to work independently and with accuracy.
- Must be able to balance priorities while paying attention to detail when working on multiple projects.
- Proficient computer skills including Outlook and Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CAD/RMS systems, and Mass Notification systems.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discrete and professional manner.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to periodically work varied shifts/schedules as needed.
- Maintain a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record. Must immediately inform the Manager of Campus Safety & Security of any change in status.
- Demonstrate a commitment to valuing equity, diversity, and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- High School Diploma
- 1 year minimum of experience in security, military, and/or law enforcement
- 4-6 years of experience in security, military, and/or law enforcement
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at the University.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language;
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and /or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices, conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.
PI217854204More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18632616/security-officerLoading. Please wait.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005