Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Monday-Friday, Day Shift
The Manager, Employee Health ensures high quality services are provided to Akron Children's Hospital employees through the Employee Health Center. The Employee Health Center provides services designed to promote health, safety and wellness while ensuring compliance with employment policies and other requirements.
1. Manages employee health programs, procedures, information, and policy formulation consistent with organizational objectives and mission.
2. Manages services provided by the Employee Health Center which includes pre-employment screenings/assessments, substance testing, immunizations/vaccinations/TB testing, individual department certifications, COVID call line, coordinates interactive process for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requests, fitness for duty, blood and body fluid exposures follow up, basic first-aid treatment of minor illnesses/injuries, assessments needed for Workers' Compensation, return to work/restrictions, and management of mandatory seasonal basic biometric monitoring.
3. Manages nurse practitioner, nurses and other staff providing services for the Employee Health Center.
4. Consults with hospital leadership, human resources and medical staff for employee health and safety related topics including topics such as employee clearance to return to work post medical leave/medical work restrictions, coordination of care for employees who become ill or injured while on duty and for ADA work accommodation requests.
5. Coordinates with others to support and encourage overall employee wellness, including any ongoing programs and initiatives.
6. Maintains employee health files/records in accordance with HIPAA and other state/federal programs.
7. Ensures Employee Health and related new hire records are fully complete and in compliance with hospital requirements.
8. Prepares and presents statistical reports and trending analysis of employee health records related such topics as: vaccines/immunizations, employment testing compliance, employee injury reporting and epidemiology.
9. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in employee health, occupational health or related field is preferred.
2. Experience performing comprehensive health assessments is required.
3. Experience in a clinical hospital setting is required.
4. Experience with Workers' Compensation is preferred.
5. Experience working with all levels within an organization is preferred.
6. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
7. Experience using occupational health/medical record software and safety event reporting (such as ReadySet, EPIC, or Midas) is preferred.
8. Experience using state vaccine record systems (such as Ohio ImpactSIIS) is preferred.
9. Proficiency using Microsoft Office [Outlook, Excel, Word].
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing [BSN] is required.
2. Certification: NCLEX-RN is required.
3. Years of experience: 7 to 10 years is required.
4. Years of supervising: 5-7 years is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: