Established practice of 3 Gastroenterologists and one APP
A culture that promotes physician well-being
BC/BE and Fellowship trained in Gastroenterology
Interest or expertise in Inflammatory Bowel Disease
New grads welcome
J-1 candidates accepted
M - F | Rotating Call
Competitive salary + paid malpractice with tail + paid CME plus allowance + 401k matching and 457(b) deferred compensation plans + excellent health benefit options + Position may be eligible for sign-on bonus / relocation bonus
Physician shall be responsible for providing high quality, efficient, patient-centered and cost-effective care to any and all assigned patients. Care may be provided in the ambulatory, sub-acute or acute care environment as deemed appropriate. Full time is defined as not less than forty (40) hours of direct patient clinical or administrative care per week, generally assumed to be performed in five (5) full work days. On-call coverage for the assigned patients shall be allocated in a fair and reasonable manner as dictated by Physician's specialty
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS FOR THE JOB:
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Provide for and maintain full and complete records of all services performed for patients in accordance with established standards.
2. Participate in any and all quality assurance programs as assigned.
4. Supervise the administrative responsibilities of all non-physician employees with whom Physician works.
5. Assure compliance with applicable policies and procedures, including but not limited to personnel actions, payroll practices, orientation and training, charity care, accounts payable, coding, billing and claims processing.
6. Assure compliance with local, state and federal guidelines such as OSHA, CLIA and wage and labor regulations.
7. Participate in the development of and performance to meet budgets including review of expenses and ongoing budget reconciliation.
9. Demonstrate a courteous attitude and promote good patient relations and a positive image.
10. Participate in practice and group development activities such as community speaking, volunteerism and service to increase Physician visibility.
11. Cooperate with administration to adjust Physician's business approach when appropriate, such as altered or varied practice style and scheduling changes, in order to improve productivity and/or patient satisfaction.
University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) is a physician-led, internationally recognized healthcare system offering uniquely rewarding careers in major Maryland marketplaces.
University of Maryland Capital Region Health is the largest healthcare system headquartered in Prince George's County. Create your future in a healthcare setting that is right for you and your practice. Become part of something greater by applying your experience, input, and leadership--as a clinician and healthcare expert.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
1. Possesses and maintains current license to practice medicine in the State of Maryland required.
2. Possesses and maintains current Board Certification within practicing specialty required
3. Possesses and maintains current DEA or similar Narcotics and Controlled Substances Certification required.
4. Possesses and maintains, if applicable, appropriate clinical privileges at a minimum of one UMMS affiliated acute care facility.
5. Demonstrates meeting minimum CME requirements for licensure and board certification.
6. Demonstrates appropriate qualifications and experience to perform the duties required of this position.
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) was created in 1984 when the state-owned University Hospital became a private, nonprofit organization. It has evolved into a multi-hospital system with academic, community and specialty service missions reaching every part of the state and beyond. UMMS is a national and regional referral center for trauma, cancer care, neurocare, cardiac care, women's and children's health and physical rehabilitation. It also has one of the world's largest kidney transplant programs, as well as scores of other programs that improve the physical and mental health of thousands of people daily. The hospitals and health systems that comprise UMMS are: University of Maryland Medical Center, University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus, UM Rehabilitation and Orthopaedic Institute, UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center, UM Capital Region Health, UM Charles Regional Medical Center, UM St. Joseph Medical Center, UM Upper Chesapeake Health, UM Shore Regional Health, Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital and UM Community Medical Group.