Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 506 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Lake Wales, FloridaNEW! NEW!St. Luke's Health System
Boise, IdahoNEW! NEW!Vail Health
Vail, ColoradoNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!Benefis Health System
Great Falls, MontanaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Montebello, New YorkNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Benefis Health System
Great Falls, MontanaNEW! NEW!Nemours
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Suffern, New YorkNEW! NEW!Sonic Healthcare USA
Hilo, HawaiiNEW! NEW!California Institute of Technology
Pasadena, CaliforniaNEW! NEW!Parkland Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Burleson, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Maitland, FloridaNEW! NEW!Conway Medical Center
Conway, South CarolinaFeatured! Featured! NEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Manchester, KentuckyNEW! NEW!University of Arizona
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.ApplicationDetails
Location: Austin, Texas
Internal Number: REQ-022006
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
The A/R Coding Specialist operates as the front end coding operator in the Accounts Receivable department and will analyze and abstract pertinent information from pathology reports. The Coding Specialist will accurately identify and assign ICD-10-CM and company specific test codes that are tied to CPT/HCPCS codes on laboratory order records. As needed, the Coding Specialist will use job aids to select appropriate charges and use manual and on-line resources to research missing data. The Coding Specialist will retrieve database records and correct any errors identified by correspondence. The Coding Specialist will deliver coded documentation to pathology billing staff and ensure accurate, neat, timely, and quality completion of all transactions.
- Obtain Service Requisition forms for processing.
- Review a variety of pathology reports and code diagnoses and billable charges.
- Proficiently process pathology cases from multiple pathology scenario and contracts.
- Perform accurate sorting and filing of completed transactions.
- Maintain a daily report of all completed transactions.
- Develop skills and ability to meet production guidelines as set by A/R department policy.
- Interact effectively with Team Leads and Supervisor to resolve complex issues.
- Must have the ability to stay focused and perform job duties efficiently and accurately.
- Employee must comply with Sonic Healthcare USA compliance policy, practices, and procedures.
- Duties include but are not limited to the above mentioned responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of coding guidelines and diagnosis assignment
- Knowledge of computer technology and terminology
- Ability to type and demonstrate10 key proficiency
- Perform duties in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the company, with patients and physician office staff
- Possess effective work habits and ability to build/maintain work relationships
- Ability to read and comprehend English
- Ability to work under deadlines
- High School diploma or GED
- Typing (min 55 wpm) and 10 Key
- Coding experience/training background in coding and reimbursement
- Experience with medical/insurance billing
- Customer service experience
- Bilingual speaking skills/Spanish
- Experience in multitasking environment
- Completion of a coding certification program with approval status
- Yearly coding certification/recertification
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Category:Accounts Receivable
Company:Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.About Sonic Healthcare USASonic Healthcare USA is a division of Sonic Healthcare Limited, one of the largest diagnostic laboratory medicine companies in the world. We aspire to help people live better, healthier lives. We focus on delivering the highest quality laboratory information through our unique Medical Leadership model and federated structure, through regional diagnostic laboratories operating across the United States. Since its establishment in 2007, Sonic Healthcare USA has grown to become the third largest laboratory medicine company in the United States, with operations across the country. From our boardroom to our individual practices, we are guided by the leadership of our medical specialists, senior scientists experienced managers, all of whom understand the unique demands and privileges of working to improve the health of our patients.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18638072/a-r-pathology-coding-specialistLoading. Please wait.