Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1284 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Nicklaus Children’s Health System
Miami, FloridaHarris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!MultiCare Health System
Puyallup, WashingtonNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Vail Health
Avon, ColoradoNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!St. Joseph Regional Medical Center
Lewiston, IdahoNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!Foundation Health Partners
Fairbanks, AlaskaNEW! NEW!Benefis Health System
Great Falls, MontanaNEW! NEW!Bolivar Medical Center
Cleveland, MississippiNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Benefis Health System
Helena, MontanaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Raleigh, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobRN Quality Improvement Specialist - Surgical Svcs (Full Time, Day shift)Nicklaus Children’s Health SystemApplicationDetails
Location: Miami, Florida
Internal Number: 24130Description
Provides support for quality improvement initiatives utilizing clinical knowledge and expertise. Translates data from various registries and collaboratives into meaningful information for quality improvement initiatives relating to patient outcomes. Partners with leadership and clinical subject matter experts to identify, analyze, monitor, and improve key performance indicators.
Job Specific Duties
- Works with leadership in the identification/development of PI plans through monitoring of quality data, national collaborative reports, and other processes of quality validation.
- Works with leaders on defining appropriate process and patient outcome benchmarks, data capture processes, and dashboards.
- Coordinates and collaborates with stakeholders, multidisciplinary teams, and internal and external customers to create collaborative work relationships that drive performance and quality outcomes in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensures quality and patient safety standards are incorporated into current processes and development of new system processes.
- Works closely with key stakeholders to ensure they receive & review department quality measures/reports for process improvement opportunities.
- Establishes a Quality Meeting that incorporates data analysis from multiple sources to drive department quality improvement initiatives related to patient outcomes.
- Create reports, graphs, and visual representations from several organizational databases to provide information to stakeholders in a significant way.
- Supports department in creating standard approach for quality issues.
- Serves as primary contact for quality-related data and reports.
- Conducts clinical reviews using sources ranging from medical records, incident reports, best practice guidelines & interviews to monitor quality performance & improvement efforts.
- Communicates with a variety of clinical disciplines and physician advisors to clarify criteria and summaries.
- Responsible for identifying potential quality and safety issues pertaining to patient care and leading clinical quality improvement projects that are supported by evidence based best practice.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree
- RN Licensure within the State of Florida or Multi-State Enhanced Nursing License Compact (eNLC) - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- 3-5 years of experience in healthcare quality management and performance improvement
- 3-5 years of experience as a Registered Nurse
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Master's degree highly preferred.
- Strong clinical background with the ability to understand medical terminology, diagnosis, and treatment plans pertaining to patient care.
- Certification or training in quality preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive working relationship and rapport with medical staff, department heads, staff, and colleagues.
- Ability to prioritize work independently and evaluate workload in order to meet deadlines.
- Able to collaborate amongst interdisciplinary team members to drive quantifiable quality measures and process improvement projects.
- Ability to communicate in a positive, clear, and concise manner to members of all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and react calmly under stressful conditions.
- Utilizes technical skills to create reports, graphs, and visual representations from several organizational databases.
- Demonstrated expertise in internal and collaborative quality score carding and benchmarking.
- Demonstrated expertise in promoting patient safety in a complex environment.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint. Access and Visio preferred.
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital CampusPrimary Location :
QUALITY-2100-866000Department :Job Status
:Full TimeAbout Nicklaus Children’s Health SystemNicklaus Children’s Health System, is the region’s only healthcare system exclusively for children. In addition to Nicklaus Children’s Hospital and a growing number of outpatient centers located throughout the tri-county area, the health system includes Nicklaus Children’s Hospital Foundation, the organization’s fundraising arm; Nicklaus Children's Pediatric Specialists, a nonprofit physician practice subsidiary; a management services organization, and an ambulatory surgery center. Our vision is to be where the children are. Ultimately, this means being there through all stages of health and life, both physically and emotionally. To be a trusted partner to children and their families, not only in times of illness, but throughout their life journey. Our mission is to inspire hope and promote lifelong health by providing the best care to every child.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18633817/rn-quality-improvement-specialist-surgical-svcs-full-time-day-shiftLoading. Please wait.