Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 974 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
Alexandria, VirginiaOptum Medical Care
Mt Kisco, New YorkNEW! NEW!Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!St. Luke's Health System
Meridian, IdahoNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Suffern, New YorkNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!The Brooklyn Hospital Center
Brooklyn, New YorkNEW! NEW!MultiCare Health System
Puyallup, WashingtonNEW! NEW!Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!Bolivar Medical Center
Cleveland, MississippiNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orange City, FloridaNEW! NEW!MultiCare Health System
Tacoma, WashingtonNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Temple, TexasNEW! NEW!MultiCare Health System
Puyallup, WashingtonNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Beaumont, TexasNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Montebello, New YorkNEW! NEW!MultiCare Health System
Puyallup, WashingtonNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Maitland, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Manchester, KentuckyNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobRegulatory and Compliance LeaderNational Hospice and Palliative Care OrganizationApplicationDetails
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Type: Full Time
Sector:Advocacy / Non-Profit
Internal Number: REGCOMP
The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) is the nation’s largest membership organization for providers and professionals who care for people affected by serious and life-limiting illness. As the respected authority on hospice and palliative care, NHPCO is a leader in advancing public policy and quality programs that improve access to high quality, person-centered interdisciplinary care when and where people need it. NHPCO believes in Service by engaging customers, Respect by honoring others, Excellence by exceeding expectations, Collaboration by fostering partnerships and Stewardship by managing resources.
NHPCO is currently seeking a Regulatory and Compliance leader to join our mission-driven team and advance the work of NHPCO by providing expertise on regulatory and compliance issues related to hospice and palliative care. As a member of NHPCO’s leadership team, you will provide strategic direction and support by tracking and advocating on a wide range of regulatory and compliance issues impacting providers and the hospice and palliative care community. Responsibilities include collaborating across teams and with external stakeholders to increase the understanding of regulatory changes, issues, and requirements and how they affect provider members; developing services and education to identify regulatory and compliance issues facing the hospice and palliative care community; interpreting complex regulatory information into clear and concise language; and directing the development, publication, and distribution of compliance and regulatory resources for NHPCO membership. This position may have direct reports and/or supervise temporary staff and interns as needed.
- Leads initiatives to increase broad-based knowledge and expertise in regulatory and compliance issues, including hospice regulations and the Medicare Conditions of Participation, Medicare conditions of payment, payment policy, survey and certification, audit, program integrity, and fraud and abuse issues for both Medicare and Medicaid.
- Develops relationships and ongoing communication with various departments and staff in the CMS central office, CMS locations (regional offices), Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs), OIG and various CMS audit contractors, such as UPICs, to gather, analyze, advocate for changes, and communicate a wide variety of regulatory issues to NHPCO membership.
- Builds relationships and develops ongoing communication with other federal agencies, such as the FDA, DEA, EPA, GAO, and others to proactively respond to issues of concern to hospice and palliative care.
- In collaboration with leadership and outside legal counsel, writes formal comment letters on regulatory and compliance issues facing hospice and palliative care providers; seeks provider input on various proposed rules through conference calls, listening sessions and in-person meetings; works with internal staff and outside legal counsel as appropriate to ensure the quality and accuracy of official NHPCO comments; promotes the disbursement of regulatory clarifications and transmittals that are the product of NHPCO dialogue; and shares talking points and main issues with stakeholder organizations in the field to encourage collaboration in formal comment letters.
- Serves as an internal and external source of technical and detailed information and strategic analysis on regulatory and compliance issues and initiatives.
- Presents hospice and palliative care regulatory and compliance issues to members and external audiences, translating regulations into language and guidance that providers can understand and implement.
- Develops NHPCO Regulatory Alerts and other regulatory communication to keep provider members abreast of changes.
- Serves as a public voice and spokesperson on regulatory and compliance issues as directed.
- Partners with provider and associate members, consultants, and other organizations, whose work complements NHPCO work and enlists the assistance of other staff to work with these partners.
- Participates with the NHPCO Regulatory Committee, associated workgroups and other task forces related to regulatory and compliance issues. Attends other committee and board meetings as requested.
- Develops and facilitates educational programs for state organizations and hospice providers related to regulatory and compliance issues and identifies the needs of NHPCO's membership regarding regulatory, compliance, and billing/financial information.
- Partners and coordinates with other NHPCO team members on public policy, research, quality, and advocacy efforts to effectively integrate legislative, regulatory, quality, and research issues.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Master’s degree or JD required.
- Certification in Health Care Compliance preferred.
- Minimum ten years of experience in corporate compliance, regulatory or public policy leadership with a minimum of five years with specific experience in hospice regulatory and compliance issues.
- Experience in public policy development at a national level; Extensive knowledge of and/or experience in hospice and palliative care regulatory policy development experience in linking local, state, and national public policy efforts.
- Demonstrates strong leadership, diplomacy, and experience to advance a national agenda for hospice and palliative care regulatory and compliance issues at a national leadership organization; displays a polished and professional presence to facilitate working across divisions, departments and between and among leaders of organizations.
- A thorough understanding of state and federal governmental processes and the ability to provide comprehensive strategic and tactical plans to effectively intervene for the benefit of the organization.
- Ability to support and direct the implementation of organizational ideas, projects, and plans; ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing; ability to maintain professional presence in both individual and office areas. Ability to deliver timely, accurate and polished presentations to a variety of audiences.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This position is classified as a full-time, exempt salaried position. Salary commensurate with experience. NHPCO offers an excellent benefits package, which includes medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, short-and long-term disability plans, retirement, tuition reimbursement, paid leave, twelve paid holidays, twelve weeks paid parental leave, wellness programs, home office stipend and more! Currently, this role is eligible to work a hybrid telework arrangement that includes 1-2 days/week onsite at the Alexandria, VA office.
NHPCO requires all employees to be up-to-date and fully vaccinated from the COVID-19 virus as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation. If hired, you will be required to show proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine(s) or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
NHPCO celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment inside and outside of the organization. Each employee is responsible for helping us grow into a stronger organization that cultivates an environment of mutual trust and respect so that we can all benefit from our diversity of experiences and beliefs.
NHPCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply for this role.About National Hospice and Palliative Care OrganizationAs the leading organization representing hospice and palliative care providers, NHPCO works to expand access to a proven person-centered model for healthcare—one that provides patients and their loved ones with comfort, peace, and dignity during life’s most intimate and vulnerable experiences. Founded in 1978, the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization is the nation’s largest membership organization for providers and professionals who care for people affected by serious and life-limiting illness. Its broad community of members includes local hospice and palliative care providers, networks serving large regions of the United States, and individual professionals. Based in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, NHPCO represents the interests of its members and the general public with legislative advocacy that helps to enhance and expand access to care that addresses holistic health and the well-being of communities. With a staff of experts available to personally guide members through nearly every consideration or business challenge—NHPCO’s team is always there with timely and pragmatic support.https://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18618659/regulatory-and-compliance-leaderLoading. Please wait.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005