Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1115 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Vanderbilt Health
Nashville, TennesseeNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!MultiCare Health System
Puyallup, WashingtonNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Vail Health
Avon, ColoradoNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!St. Joseph Regional Medical Center
Lewiston, IdahoNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Tampa, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Tampa, FloridaNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Benefis Health System
Great Falls, MontanaNEW! NEW!Bolivar Medical Center
Cleveland, MississippiNEW! NEW!Vanderbilt Health
Nashville, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobFinancial Care Counselor - Lenox BakerDuke University Health SystemApplicationDetails
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Internal Number: 229691
Duke Lenox Baker FCC
***$2500.00 Sign On Bonus (2 installments over 12 months - 6 month increments) ***
* Only new hires who have not worked for Duke University in the past 12 months (at the time of offer) are eligible to receive the sign-on bonus.
Duke University Health System - Patient Revenue Management Office (PRMO) seeks to hire a Financial Care Counselor who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
Accurately complete patient accounts based on departmental protocol, policies and procedures, and compliance with regulatory agencies, to include but not limited to pre-admission, admission, pre-registration and registration functions.
Ensure all insurance requirements are met prior to patients' arrival and inform patients of their financial liability prior to arrival for services. Arrange payment options with the patients and screens patients for government funding sources.
- Analyze insurance coverage and benefits for service to ensure timely.
- Obtain authorizations based payment on insurance plan contracts and guidelines.
- Document billing system.
- Explain bills provides assistance to visitors and patients.
- Explain policies and departmental coverage as requested.
- Calculate and according to PRMO credit and collection policies.
- Implement appropriate collect cash payments appropriately for all patients.
- Reconcile daily necessity of third party sponsorship and process patients in accordance reimbursement.
- Obtain all Prior Authorization Certification and/or authorizations as appropriate.
- Facilitate payment sources for uninsured patients.
- Determine if patient's condition is the result of an accident and perform complete research to determine the appropriate source of liability/payment.
- Admit, register and pre-register patients with accurate patient demographic and financial data.
- Resolve insurance claim rejections/denials and remedy expediently.
- Evaluate diagnoses to ensure compliance with the Local Medicare Review Policy.
- Perform those duties necessary to ensure all accounts are processed accurately and efficiently.
- Compile departmental statistics for budgetary and reporting purposes.
- Collection actions and assist financially responsible persons in arranging payment.
- Make referral for financial counseling.
- Determine with policy and procedure.
- Examine insurance policies and other third party sponsorship materials for sources of payment.
- Inform attending physician of patient financial hardship.
- Complete the managed care waiver form for patients considered out of network and receiving services at a reduced benefit level.
- Update the billing system to reflect the insurance status of the patient.
- Refer patients to the Manufacturer Drug program as needed for medications.
- Greet and procedures, and resolves problems.
- Gathers necessary documentation to support proper handling of inquiries and complaints.
- Assist with according to policy and procedure.
- Enter and update referrals as required.
- Communicate with insurance carriers regarding clinical information requested and to resolve issues relating to coverage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to analyze relationships with patients, physicians, co-workers and supervisors. data, perform multiple tasks and work independently.
- Must be able to develop and maintain professional, service-oriented working,
- Must be able to understand and comply with policies and procedures.
- Position responsible for high production generated accurately in accordance with established business processes or regulation.
- Requires working knowledge of compliance principles. Job allows the opportunity to work independently.
Work requires knowledge of basic grammar and mathematical principles normally required through a high school education, with some postsecondary education preferred. Additional training or working knowledge of related business.
Two years experience working in hospital service access, clinical service access, physician office or billing and collections. Or, an Associate's degree in a healthcare related field and one year of experience working with the public. Or, a Bachelor's degree and one year of experience working with the public.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.As a world-class academic and health care system, Duke Health strives to transform medicine and health locally and globally through innovative scientific research, rapid translation of breakthrough discoveries, educating future clinical and scientific leaders, advocating and practicing evidence-based medicine to improve community health, and leading efforts to eliminate health inequalities.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18612288/financial-care-counselor-lenox-bakerLoading. Please wait.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005