Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1242 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaDuke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Vanderbilt Health
Nashville, TennesseeNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!MultiCare Health System
Puyallup, WashingtonNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Vail Health
Avon, ColoradoNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!St. Joseph Regional Medical Center
Lewiston, IdahoNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Tampa, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Tampa, FloridaNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Foundation Health Partners
Fairbanks, AlaskaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Vanderbilt Health
Nashville, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobBiomedical Equipment Technician - Duke Health Technology Solutions - DurhamDuke University Health SystemApplicationDetails
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Internal Number: 232350
Perform a variety of tasks associated with the installation and maintenance of diagnostic, therapeutic and life support clinical equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of routine tasks associated with the installation, preventative maintenance, and repair of a diverse range of clinical diagnostic and therapeutic equipment.
- Perform electrical safety tests on clinical equipment using specialized test equipment.
- Assist in the support of Clinical Engineering's systematic preventive maintenance program.
- Perform incoming inspections and complete documentation on clinical equipment. Deactivate obsolete equipment and use surplus and salvage protocols for removal.
- Receive and complete special clinical requests as assigned by supervisor.
- Notify user departments regarding status of repair requests that have not been completed. Effectively communicates with clinical departments to obtain loaner or replacement equipment as required.
- Troubleshoot and repair clinical equipment as assigned.
- Order, receive parts as needed per department policy. Document shipping and returns.
- Report all patient safety issues to manager and assist with correction of issue as assigned.
- Meet individual and team departmental performance standards on a consistent basis.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Maintain a clean and safe work place.
- Maintain good working relationships with fellow workers, nursing and medical staff, and the general public.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation in accordance with Department policy.
- May require travel to other Health System facilities as required to perform departmental functions.
- Complete all required Health System training modules within the time allowed by policy.
- Follow all Duke University Health System and departmental policies and procedures.
- Examples of devices assigned for maintenance are: Sequential compression devices, Portable suction units, Suction regulators, Hepa units, Papr units, Kangaroo pumps, Heater cooler units, Infusion devices
- Capable of being assigned duties involving the corrective and preventative maintenance to life support equipment.
- Consistently perform independently both routine and complex tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, and repair of a diverse range of clinical equipment and integrated systems.
- Serve as a resource to Duke University Health System employees in the proper operation and maintenance of clinical equipment.
- Assist in identifying and recommending replacement of equipment that is obsolete, has extensive repair history, or has identified safety issues.
- Must be proficient in prioritizing work assignments effectively in order to meet Departmental goals and standards.
- May be required to be on-call and respond per department policy.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to Level I technicians.
- With limited supervision, coordinate and manage routine projects from start to completion, performing any necessary communication, and follow-up with the equipment owner.
- Assist with conducting evaluations of equipment as required.
- When assigned, participate in the Device Incident Investigation process and provide follow up to management per Department policy.
- Examples of devices assigned for maintenance are: Defibrillators, Incubators, Transport incubators, Patient monitors systems, EEG devices, Pacemakers, EMG devices, ventilators
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Associate's Degree in Electronics or Biomedical Equipment Technology or Military specific medical equipment repair certification is required.
- Two years of military training in electronics or vocational training in electronics may substitute for the degree requirement.
A minimum of two years of experience as a Biomedical Equipment Technician is required.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
- A valid North Carolina Drivers' license with a good driving record.
- Qualify as a candidate for certification as a CBET or CLES by AAMI (Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Maintenance skills in electronics, mechanical or electromechanical device repair.
- Knowledge of electronics troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of safety precautions applicable to the operation and maintenance of clinical equipment.
- Ability to comprehend and follow both written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, clinical and medical staff, and the general public.
- Ability to demonstrate competency in the use and operation of all required test equipment used for the maintenance of therapeutic and diagnostic equipment.
- An elementary knowledge of e-mail and work order processes.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays if necessary.
- Ability to function in a sterile environment if necessary.
- Ability to keep neat and accurate records.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Capable of mentoring Level I technicians.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot equipment, both technically and clinically.
- Significant working knowledge of physiology, anatomy, and medical terminology, with an emphasis on clinical application and troubleshooting.
- Significant knowledge and experience with Departmental software (e-mail, database management, spreadsheet, and word processor) applications to provide necessary information to clinical staff.
- Must be able to carry the call for team or workgroup, respond according to policy, and make decisions regarding emergency equipment repair.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.As a world-class academic and health care system, Duke Health strives to transform medicine and health locally and globally through innovative scientific research, rapid translation of breakthrough discoveries, educating future clinical and scientific leaders, advocating and practicing evidence-based medicine to improve community health, and leading efforts to eliminate health inequalities.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18612275/biomedical-equipment-technician-duke-health-technology-solutions-durhamLoading. Please wait.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005