Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1529 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaOptum Medical Care
Mt Kisco, New YorkNEW! NEW!Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!St. Luke's Health System
Meridian, IdahoNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Ocala, FloridaNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Suffern, New YorkNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!The Brooklyn Hospital Center
Brooklyn, New YorkNEW! NEW!MultiCare Health System
Puyallup, WashingtonNEW! NEW!Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!Bolivar Medical Center
Cleveland, MississippiNEW! NEW!Benefis Health System
Great Falls, MontanaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Miami, Florida, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orange City, FloridaNEW! NEW!MultiCare Health System
Tacoma, WashingtonNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Suffern, New YorkNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Temple, TexasNEW! NEW!MultiCare Health System
Puyallup, WashingtonNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Beaumont, TexasNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobManager of Storage/Virtualization/Data Protection - Duke Health Technology Solutions - DurhamDuke University Health SystemApplicationDetails
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Internal Number: 232327
The IT Manager for the Storage, Virtualization, and Data Protection Team is responsible for setting direction and effectively managing the Infrastructure Hosting Team personnel and other resources, providing leadership and management to a team responsible for deployment, configuration, management, operations and restoration of server hosting infrastructure services. This includes delivering and maintaining operations for all Infrastructure Hosting services associated with hosting of virtual servers, including virtualization platforms, storage systems, public cloud services, and associated technologies in support of the mission of Duke Health.
The Hosting Infrastructure team will ensure optimum system and hosting performance, availability and service delivery for Duke Health. The ideal candidate will be well versed in compute, storage, cloud and virtualization technologies; experienced in managing technical team of professionals; experienced in product ownership and development; and experienced with service-based costing.
The candidate, if selected, will be serving as the Service Owner and Manager of the Tier 3 Storage, Virtualization, and Data Protection teams.
Planning and Organizing:
- Employee must be able to plan, participate, and deliver major technology initiatives involving a high degree of technical complexity. This will require the ability to effectively research, understand, and convey the cost benefit analysis of the business value and then communicate the requirements illustrating the resources needed in terms of systems and people.
- Employee must ensure goals are set, plans tracked, and reports are available on all initiatives, be able to identify and develop plans for risk mitigation, and be able to calculate changes in service levels and processing efficiency for all changes. Employee is responsible for supervising professionals and directing the staff such that a balanced workload is maintained and for motivating the staff to do quality work on a timely basis.
- Employee is responsible for developing, establishing, and maintaining policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines and aligning those with ITIL framework for the successful and efficient operation of their staff.
- Employee is responsible for developing long-term capacity and resource plans to meet the strategic IT and Duke Medicine objectives.
- Employee is responsible for designing and evolving IT services, including cost recovery models.
- Employee is responsible for the development and oversight of functional area budgets.
Knowledge & Solution:
- Develop product strategies and manage the product life cycle for Infrastructure Hosting services. Interface with key internal and external stakeholders to develop and support business cases, budgets and reports.
- Employee is responsible for operating within +/- 2% of established budget
- Establish SLA's and ensure service level targets are achieved
- Develop differentiated products to meet customer needs. To work with customers and stakeholders in identifying new service opportunities, technological advancements and our customer's business challenges.
- Develop benchmark against industry product offerings to improve features, pricing plan and business processes for new and/or existing services to ensure market competitiveness.
- Act as a Service Owner, to review and optimize the various cost components of products supported, and develop products, descriptions, costing, and policies.
- Provide business case analysis to support new products and customization of existing product to meet specific customer needs.
- Ensure comprehensive documentation, systems and processes are developed. Continuously optimize such processes with the objective of increasing internal efficiencies and enhancing the customer experience.
- Manage vendor relationships, including negotiating pricing and terms of support, as well as holding vendors accountable for performance.
- Employee is responsible for ensuring staff understands their business value and is available to provide 24x7x365 support covering the infrastructure (Storage, Virtualization, Data Protection etc.).
- Employee must understand the ITIL framework; implement Organizational Change Management into IT service delivery.
- Employee is responsible for interviewing, selecting, and then subsequently managing a variety of individuals that must work together to achieve organizational objectives. Employee is responsible for monitoring work quantity and quality, for taking appropriate action to resolve disciplinary problems and staff complaints, for assessing training needs and making a plan to meet those needs, and for ensuring completing performance appraisals are completed on time.
- Employee must foster and be able to implement mentoring and coaching for staff in a highly technical environment.
- Employee must promote the business value, project a service ethic and process to drive for top customer service throughout the organization
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required
- Five years of directly related experience is required for DHTS IT Manager
Special Competencies/Credentials Preferred:
- Demonstrated experience with VMWare, Nutanix, enterprise compute platforms, block storage, file storage, object storage, data protection/backup, and cloud technologies (i.e., Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS)
- Demonstrated experience managing technical teams
- Demonstrated experience in product ownership and development
- Experience managing service-based costing for an enterprise environment
- Demonstrated experience in managing strategic IT vendor relationships and procurement of Enterprise-level hardware and hosting solutions
- Demonstrated experience in developing IT capacity plans and developing forecasts covering disk storage, and server trends/analysis
- Experience in architecting and implementing infrastructure to optimize middle-tier applications, web servers, and to support multiple database instances addressing performance, security, backup and recovery needs
- Demonstrated ability to technically review work of subordinates to assure high quality and efficient operation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical projects of varying scale that require latitude in decision and actions.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.As a world-class academic and health care system, Duke Health strives to transform medicine and health locally and globally through innovative scientific research, rapid translation of breakthrough discoveries, educating future clinical and scientific leaders, advocating and practicing evidence-based medicine to improve community health, and leading efforts to eliminate health inequalities.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18612268/manager-of-storage-virtualization-data-protection-duke-health-technology-solutions-durhamLoading. Please wait.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005