Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1396 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Vanderbilt Health
Nashville, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Bolivar Medical Center
Cleveland, MississippiNEW! NEW!St. Joseph Regional Medical Center
Lewiston, IdahoNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Nemours
Wilmington, DelawareNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!Foundation Health Partners
Fairbanks, AlaskaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Tampa, FloridaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!UNM Hospital
Albuquerque, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Vanderbilt Health
Nashville, TennesseeNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Temple, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Ormond Beach, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Beebe Healthcare
Lewes, DelawareNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.ApplicationDetails
Location: Rome, Georgia
Internal Number: 23016423
Practice Manager II - Cardiology
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: 7 John Maddox Drive NW, Rome Georgia
The role you’ll contribute:
The Practice Manager is responsible for the administrative management of the physician affiliate practices operated by Redmond Hospital. Provides the leadership, direction, administration, and coordination of all practice activities except those directly involving professional medical judgment.
Practice Manager II supervises offices with four (4) or more FTE physicians or those clinics with more than one office location.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes staff schedules and ensures that adequate coverage is available to cover for vacations and absences and uses flexible staffing when appropriate.
- Ensures that physician scheduling and calendar completed monthly. Reviews and/or makes changes to the provider schedules and/or scheduling templates upon requests; and assures that patient appointments are rescheduled appropriately and staffing is available. Ensures communication to staff members regarding schedule changes.
- Reviews, monitors, and reports scheduling data to providers and Clinic Management to include fill rates, no show rates, patient wait times, provider time off, and overall appointment schedule management. Works with providers in a proactive manner to increase provider production, patient satisfaction, decrease staff overtime, and overall quality of work time in balance with personal life for all staff and providers.
- Works with HR for recruiting, hiring and development of staff to ensure adequate and quality staffing.
- Maintains a sufficient flow of work throughout the practice location(s) by evaluating production and revising procedures accordingly. Works with Clinic Management to create efficient and effective staffing models for practice location(s).
- Coordinates and provides initial orientation and training for new employees upon hire based on employees’ job description.
- Provides a 90-day competency evaluation for all new hires. Ensures through evaluation process that employees are competent to do job for which they were hired.
- Assist’s Office Coordinator and/or completes annual employee evaluations and competencies in accordance with Gordon Hospital's Performance Appraisal Policy (1800.46). Provides specific feedback on the annual evaluation to each employee as to his or her contribution to patient satisfaction. Sets specific goals with employee in order to facilitate both professional and personnel growth. Completes “Action Plan” for employees scoring below satisfactory. Provides employee feedback platform in order to increase employee satisfaction in the work place.
- Ensures that departmental staff complies with Gordon Hospital's hospital-wide policies, as well as, departmental policies.
- Changes competency evaluations as needed when new services provided, new job responsibilities or if clinical changes occur (new treatment, procedures, equipment, standard of care changes, new regulatory policy) in coordination with Director of Practice Operations and/or Human Resources.
- Develops guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness, and modifying activities as necessary.
- Identifies training needs for staff and provides, secures, and coordinates training for team members to strengthen the mix and level of skills within the team.
- Motivates and develops staff providing a positive work environment.
- Creates and performs in a high performance environment characterized by positive leadership. Motivates staff to improve quantity and quality of work
- Communicates with Director of Practice Operations and/or HR any employee concerns and or changes. Including employee disciplinary actions or employee grievances. Uses progressive counseling to develop or discipline employees as necessary.
- Schedules and conducts periodic staff meetings with the employees to inform the staff of changes in the practice policy and to resolve problems which are affecting operating effectiveness. Ensures minutes are prepared and retains minutes of such meetings.
- Ensures accurate time and attendance records and kept and reported in a timely manner. Maintains controls over overtime
- Provides for a safe and complete environment for the delivery of patient care through practice rounds. Ensures deficiencies are promptly corrected through service calls and other appropriate channels.
- Ensures patient care is monitored and appropriately documented by working with providers to ensure nursing assessments, treatment, order completion, patient education and referral for follow-up care, both in the medical records and logs.
- Maintains the integration of the practice with the community through effective communication and marketing programs.
- Works with Office Coordinator, Marketing Department, Providers, and/or Clinic Management in creating and implementing marketing plans for practice(s) and providers.
- Develops, implements, and works with various departments within Gordon Hospital in overall compliance programs such as key performance indicators, Performance Improvement (PI), patient record documentation, patient privacy, OSHA, HIPAA, infection control, FLMA, coding and billing, employee and patient safety, future Joint Commission Compliance, and other overall risk management plans.
- Creates, implements, and monitors “Action Plan(s)” associated with any area identified as a potential risk and/or to improve patient and employee safety throughout practice(s).
- Maintains and reviews compliance logs and/or appropriate documentation regarding risk management or compliance.
- Ensures therapeutic and diagnostic measures are safely administered as prescribed by the physician/provider, and either directly or through delegation.
- Regularly reviews the billing practices to assure physician and office reimbursement is appropriate. Works with Coding Department, Charge Posting, and the Central Business Office to correct claim errors and/or other front end billing issues. Assures that any requests from Billing are handled timely and that “Tasking” is completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Ensures review and compliance with any potential coding issues to include coordination of coding education for staff and providers; pre-bill audits; or any other internal coding audit or review.
- Monitors front office operations to assure patient demographic and insurance information is entered into the computer timely and accurately; charges and payments are posted daily and accurately; and established end of day balancing protocols are followed. Monitors provider sign off of EHR and charge completion to be completed within two (2) business days of provider sign off.
- Reviews daily reconciliation reports to ensure audit controls and procedures are followed.
- Review Petty Cash and/or Front Office Cash/Change drawers’ logs are reconciled daily. Reports discrepancies to Clinic Management.
- Reviews monthly financial statements with providers. Provides explanations and recommendations for remarkable variance occurrence or possible trends. Works with Clinic Management to operate practice(s) to budget.
- Monitors chart log for assigned providers. Gives recommendations to providers and Clinic Management for those providers who fall outside of the AHS average of more than eight (8) days from the date of service.
- Monitors and/or maintains current inventory of medical, pharmaceutical, and administrative supplies, utilizing preferred vendors.
- Runs other reports from computer system specific to practice(s) and provides analytic feedback to Clinic Management for positive practice optimization and operational enhancement.
- Assures delivery of exceptional customer service standards to our patients, physicians, and team members. Understands the importance of the “Patient Experience” and works with the Patient Experience Department to make improvements in customer care. Monitors and reviews Press Ganey reports at least once a month and works with Patient Experience Department, and Clinic Management to create action plans where improvement has been identified and needed.
- Assists Clinic Management in setting and accomplishing key departmental and individual performance goals consistent with Executive Mission. This includes continued analysis and implementation of creative, effective, efficient, and productive process improvement in overall practice/clinic operations.
- Serves on process improvement committees within practice(s) and Clinic Management.
- Builds effective relationships with providers, staff, management, and within the various departments of Gordon Hospital with a goal that will foster a cohesive, cooperative and communicative work force within the organization.
- Completes accounts payable “Basware” requests/approvals in a timely manner in accordance with Gordon Hospital Accounting Department policies and procedures. Reports discrepancies or issues to Clinic Management.
- Exhibits personal, professional accountability and code of conduct.
- Supports management goals and objectives.
- Serves as resource to Office Staff, Medical Staff, Director(s) of Practice Operations, and Associate Vice President for practice improvement opportunities, to include assistance with development and implementation of various process improvement plans.
- All other duties as assigned.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with practice management and electronic health record software systems.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Certified Medical Office Manager
About AdventHealthAt AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18599956/practice-manager-cardiology-clinic-romeLoading. Please wait.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005