Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1289 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Vanderbilt Health
Nashville, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Bolivar Medical Center
Cleveland, MississippiNEW! NEW!St. Joseph Regional Medical Center
Lewiston, IdahoNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Nemours
Wilmington, DelawareNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!Foundation Health Partners
Fairbanks, AlaskaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Tampa, FloridaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!UNM Hospital
Albuquerque, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Vanderbilt Health
Nashville, TennesseeNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Temple, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Ormond Beach, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Beebe Healthcare
Lewes, DelawareNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.ApplicationDetails
Location: Stony Brook, New York
Type: Full Time
Sector:College / University
Required Education:4 Year Degree
Internal Number: 4192217
Risk Management Coordinator
Risk Management Coordinator Position Summary The Risk Management Coordinator position is an opportunity for the experienced RN to apply clinical knowledge in a dynamic health care environment. The Risk Management Coordinator is responsible for promoting safe patient care, mitigating malpractice and general liability exposure, and promoting regulatory compliance in accordance with New York State and Federal regulations. This includes but is not limited to medical record reviews, staff interviews, Hospital policies and procedures and risk management assessment. The Risk Management Coordinator works with Staff and Faculty to implement process improvements and reports to the Chief Medical Officer. Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior communication and organizational skills while adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties of the Risk Management Coordinator may include but are not limited to the following:
- Reviews, analyzes occurrence reports and facilitates quality improvement. Reports serious occurrences & findings to the Risk Management Director or designee
- Investigates potential and actual SBUH medical and general liability claims. Conducts review of medical records and related documentation, interviews, and composes case summary reports for purposes of litigation defense
- Provides guidance to Hospital staff to promote patient safety, quality improvement to reduce liability and maintain regulatory compliance
- Works with Legal Counsel and the Attorney General's Office regarding litigation against the hospital and hospital employees
- Confers with Counsel's Office for legal advice on hospital related matters, including but not limited to medical malpractice, health care laws, administrative matters, state and federal regulations
- Provides Risk Management consultation in accordance with hospital policies and procedures
- Identifies, investigates, facilitates root cause analyses and prepares reports for Department of Health incidents
- Staff Education and Committee presentations
- On call responsibilities
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Valid New York State Registered Nurse license.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Five (5) or more years of broad hospital and leadership experience.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent writing, analytical/critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Possess a positive attitude.
- Detail oriented.
- Hospital Risk Management knowledge and experience.
Special Notes: Resume/CV should be included with the online application.
In accordance with federal and state regulations that all hospitals and nursing homes require personnel to be vaccinated against COVID-19, candidates who are not already fully vaccinated must obtain the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine within three (3) calendar days of acceptance of a conditional job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with that particular vaccine manufacturer's protocol. Candidates who are partially vaccinated, but not yet fully vaccinated, must complete their vaccination series within three (3) calendar days of a job offer or in accordance with that particular vaccine manufacturer's protocol, whichever comes later.
The state regulation also includes those who may be affiliated with or interact with employees of a hospital or nursing home. The regulations allow for limited exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
.Posting Overview: This position will remain posted until filled or for a maximum of 90 days. An initial review of all applicants will occur two weeks from the posting date. Candidates are advised on the application that for full consideration, applications must be received before the initial review date (which is within two weeks of the posting date).
If within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill the position posted, additional applications will be considered for the posted position; however, the posting will close once a finalist is identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial posting date. Please note, that if no candidate were identified and hired within 90 days from initial posting, the posting would close for review, and possibly reposted at a later date.
- Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
- All Hospital positions maybe subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary.
- This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
- This function/position maybe designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services*
- Complete electronic reference check with a minimum of three (3) professional references.
- Successfully complete a 4 panel drug screen*
- Meet Regulatory Requirements for pre employment screenings.
- Provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s).
Failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
*The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the University Office of Equity and Access .
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
Anticipated Pay Range:
The starting salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established as $100,000- $125,000.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents SBUH's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
In addition, all full time UUP positions have a $3,026 location pay.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number in your paycheck. SBUH provides generous leave, health plans, and state pension that add to your bottom line.
Job Number: 2301564Official Job Title: TH Staff AssociateJob Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)Primary Location: US-NY-Stony BrookDepartment/Hiring Area: Risk ManagementSchedule: Full-time Shift :Day Shift Shift Hours: 0800-1630 Pass Days: Sat, SunPosting Start Date: May 9, 2023Posting End Date: Aug 8, 2023, 3:59:00 AMSalary:See Special NotesSalary Grade:SL4SBU Area:Stony Brook University Hospital
To apply, visit https://stonybrooku.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2301564&tz=GMT%2B00%3A00&tzname=UTC
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
jeid-e6dfada8afa2a34a8a64cc5d7c995d5fhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18591139/risk-management-coordinatorLoading. Please wait.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005