Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 359 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.AdventHealth
Wesley Chapel, FloridaNEW! NEW!AMN Healthcare on behalf of Rochester Regional Health
Rochester, New YorkNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Round Rock, TexasNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Austin, TexasNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Temple, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Maitland, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!RWJ New Brunswick
New Brunswick, New JerseyNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Merriam, KansasNEW! NEW!Northwell Health
Plainview , New YorkNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Valhalla, New YorkNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Shawnee Mission, KansasNEW! NEW!MultiCare Health System
Puyallup, WashingtonVeterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
San Antonio, Texas, TexasWakeMed Health & Hospitals
Raleigh, North CarolinaLoading... Please wait.ApplicationDetails
Location: Russellville, Kentucky
Internal Number: 452594
Must be able to work second or third shift.
At Logan Memorial Hospital, we recognize that our patients deserve qualified, engaged, and competent healthcare professionals. And we know that our healthcare professionals deserve a working environment that is safe, leaders who are visible and supportive, and opportunities to grow and develop in their chosen disciplines. The heart of LMH is in its people, making our hospital a family that only the best is invited to join. If you feel that your skills and compassion fit with our vision for healthcare, we invite you to apply today. Â
Performs receptionist, registration, and clerical duties associated with direct and scheduled patient admissions.Â
Must be able to work second or third shift.
- Receives and relays incoming and outgoing telephone calls for the facility.Â
- Provides directory information, transfers callers as appropriate.Â
- Monitors the facilities emergency switches and panels at all times.
- Makes general and emergency announcements over the facilityâ€™s PA system.Â
- Responsible to log all facility codes.
- Handles the facility paging system. Â
- Completes Quality Analysis (QA) on all patient registrations and makes corrections as needed.
- ER registration performing Pre-reg/Quick and Registration updates.Â Â
- Retrieves accurate demographics and entered into the software systems according to Joint Commission and EMTALA guidelines.
- Validate insurance plans in the insurance verification software for eligibility, accurately update and the insurance as appropriate.
- Review and determine patientâ€™s financial responsibility and request patient payment at time of service to include but not limited to co-payments, deductibles, co-insurance and/or out of pocket expenses.
- Understanding of financial terms such as; copayments, deductible, co-insurance and/or out of pocket expenses.Â Required to discuss patientâ€™s responsibility in an appropriate professional manner.Â
- Directs to the Medical Eligibility Representative and/or complete the Financial Counseling portion as appropriate.
- Cash drawer balancing at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Distributes, completes and explains forms, documents and education handouts to patients, guardians and/or family members.
- Meets with patient or patientâ€™s care giver before or after admission to exchange necessary information and documentation.Â Provides explanation of process and addresses concerns and questions.
- Professionally communicates with other team members, Physicians/Providers, Physician offices, nursing team members and/or other personnel regarding admission to exchange necessary information and determine placement.
- Review and process their corrections in the data quality software.
- Enters all drop off lab admission in the system and accurately enters all lab orders in the patient registration software system in a timely manner.
- Arranges for the efficient and orderly admission of inpatients, emergency room, and admission of individuals who have hospital-based outpatient testing or procedures.Â
- Responsible to ensure all patientâ€™s orders meet the necessary requirement containing the appropriate patient data, date written, diagnosis, procedure/test and providers signature.
- Responsible to ensure all patientâ€™s orders pass medical necessity utilizing the appropriate software and contacting the providers office as appropriate for all failed order entries for additional supporting diagnosis.Â
- Utilizes downtime processes when appropriate.
- Review and comply with facility Code of Conduct and all relevant Company/Divisional Policies and Procedures.
- Interact with patients/visitors/family members as appropriate providing directions and/or guidance if needed.
- Attends and participates in department team meetings; reads/signs all educational material.Â
- Completes all required education by or before the due date, whether departmental or facility wide.
- *All other duties as assigned.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision.Â
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate professional action(s).
- Prefer basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
About Logan Memorial Hospitalhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18576244/registrar-1Loading. Please wait.
- High School Diploma
- Completed medical terminology course preferred
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005