Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1517 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.CHRISTUS Health
Corpus Christi, TexasNEW! NEW!PIH Health
Whittier, CaliforniaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Wesley Chapel, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Daytona Beach, FloridaNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Round Rock, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!DSFederal
Bethesda, MarylandNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Austin, TexasNEW! NEW!PIH Health
Whittier, CaliforniaNEW! NEW!Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Temple, TexasNEW! NEW!PIH Health
Los Angeles, CaliforniaNEW! NEW!PIH Health
Los Angeles, CaliforniaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Merriam, KansasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Maitland, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Denver, ColoradoNEW! NEW!Vanderbilt Health
Nashville, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!PIH Health
Whittier, CaliforniaNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobChief Nursing and Patient Operations Officer, (CNO)NemoursApplicationDetails
Location: Orlando, Florida
Internal Number: 7961
The Senior Vice President, Chief Nursing and Patient Operations Officer, (CNO) Central Florida, serves as the senior nurse executive for Nemours Children's Health, Central Florida clinical sites. The CNO is accountable for financial, administrative, and operational management of Nursing and Patient Care Services. The CNO is responsible for establishing and fulfilling a vision for nursing and allied health professional that engenders service excellence, high operational performance, and national standards for nursing practice and ancillary care while ensuring effective and collaborative inter-professional relationships. Leadership includes strategic planning, promotion of safe patient care practices and environments, ensuring evidence-based care delivery, benchmarked quality patient service and outcomes, standard leader work and continuous improvement, well-developed change management skills, professional development and research. The position has responsibility for the operating and capital budget development and operational performance of the patient care services. The CNO models and holds others accountable to Nemours Core Values and Standards of Behavior. The CNO ensures that outcome goals and performance targets are established, monitored, and achieved for aforementioned areas and organizational functions.
The CNO collaborates and works closely with organizational, quality and safety, and medical leadership throughout the Nemours Enterprise. The position has dual reporting to the President for Nemours Children's Central Florida and the Enterprise Chief Nursing Executive and Patient Operations Officer. System leadership roles will be continually optimized based on organizational need.
- Participates in strategic planning that aligns with both system and regional priorities.
- Responsible for financial performance of all departments under direct supervision in a manner aligned with budget expectations.
- Stewards resources in a fiscally responsible and efficient manner.
- Leads development of budgets consistent with organizational expectations.
- Cultivates practices and promotes an environment that facilitate excellent patient experience.
- Promotes a culture of academic rigor and excellence with accountability for maintaining high quality nursing research and educational programs.
- Responsible for the establishment, implementation, maintenance, and measurement of appropriate clinical, service, and performance standards and systems to assure outstanding patient safety.
- Champions and leads a culture of High Reliability, organizational Just Culture and actively removes identified barriers to excellent clinical care.
- Develops future leaders and partners with Human Resources to establish a succession plan for all critical positions.
- Leads innovation in patient-care delivery models, optimizes clinical staffing standards for nursing and ensures that decisions are consistent with current research and evidence-based standards of professional practice, and align with defined scopes of practice and with the mission and values of the organization.
- Ensures on-going survey readiness and organizational compliance for oversight organizations; maintains currency on regulatory standards.
- Directs supervision, development and mentoring of associates reporting to the CNO to create an effective, empowered, innovative and collaborative team using a Shared Governance model as the fundamental structure. This includes all Nemours Nursing associates in Central Florida through matrixed reporting relationships.
- Directs Patient Care Services related to recruitment, retention, professional development and competency, continuing promotion, and performance appraisal. Builds and promotes an engaged and empowered workforce that is nimble and able to support growth initiatives.
- Ensures integration of Continuous Improvement principles and strategies in all operational areas.
- Represents Nemours effectively with medical leadership and staff and the public in general. The CNO serves on community and organizational boards and serves as member of the Nemours Children's Health Central Florida Executive Leadership Team.
- Provides executive leadership for the Magnet designation and other programs of excellence in the Central FL region.
- Collaborates with the CNOs of North Florida and the Delaware Valley, and other Nemours patient care leaders as appropriate to achieve common and individual approaches to professional practice, models of care and foundations for Magnet designation.
- Oversee the education and training of nursing and other allied health professionals that rotate through Patient Care Services
- Develops professionally active Nemours Nurses and Associates by supporting presentation, publication, and active involvement in professional associations. Supports scholarship including evidence-based practice, research, and its integration in nursing practice.
- Articulates application of ethical practices by basing decisions and actions on ethical principles and integrating high ethical standards and core values into everyday work practice. Role models the Nemours Mission Vision, Values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Promotes a culture of diversity and inclusion within both the leadership team and workforce.
- Additional miscellaneous duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned from time to time by employee's supervisor.
About NemoursNemours is committed to improving the health of children. As a non-profit children’s health organization, we consider the health of every child to be a sacred trust. Through family-centered care in our children’s hospitals and clinics in Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida, as well as world-changing research, education and advocacy, Nemours fulfills the promise of a healthier tomorrow for all children — even those who may never enter our doors. Nemours began more than 70 years ago with the vision of Alfred I. duPont to improve the lives of children and to do whatever it takes to prevent and treat even the most disabling childhood conditions. Today, through our children’s hospitals and health system, we directly care for 250,000 children annually in Delaware Valley and Florida, including families who travel from across the country and world to see our specialists — treating every child as we would our own. We also reach beyond the walls of our hospitals and clinics to be a voice for children on a national and international level, and to lead the way in prevention, intervention, education, and research. Nemours is growing to better serve the children and families in our ca...re. We have 1.1 million square feet of space currently devoted to providing children’s healthcare or under construction, all designed with significant input and advice from our patients and families.Show moreShow lessMore Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18566963/chief-nursing-and-patient-operations-officer-cnoLoading. Please wait.
- DNP or PhD preferred, MSN is required and masters level preparation in nursing or a related healthcare field is required. A Doctorate in Nursing Executive Practice is preferred
- Current Florida Nursing licensure required.
- Certification in nursing administration is preferred
- A minimum of 7-10 years of current nursing leadership and management experience demonstrating progressive leadership development and competency is required. Previous experience as hospital executive preferred