Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 46 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Valley Children's Healthcare
Madera, CaliforniaVanderbilt Health
Nashville, TennesseeLoading... Please wait.ApplicationDetails
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Internal Number: 72574
St. Luke's Health System is seeking a Coder to join our Research (clinical trials) Finance team.
Under limited supervision, the Coder 2 is responsible for reviewing applicable documentation and assigning appropriate procedure and diagnosis codes.
Must be located in Idaho or Oregon!
Do you enjoy complex coding cases?
Exciting highlights of this role!
- Be our team expert for coding questions, complex cases, and coding denials
- Advise on coding guidelines and documentation requirements
- Create and deliver coding education to team, and support new specialist onboarding
- Auditing skill development
- Support a skilled and compassionate team!
- Network with healthcare professionals!
- Begin your career for a growing organization that values its employees
- Remote work and flexible schedule opportunities!
We are looking for people who are flexible with any scenario and who see change as an opportunity!
This is a FULL TIME position that is eligible for our full benefits package:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Retirement plans with employer match
- Paid time off, Sick leave
- Life insurance
- And so much more!
- Reviews notations, diagnosis, or procedure information in medical record to assign appropriate diagnosis and procedure codes, ensuring accuracy and appropriateness of codes.
- Applies knowledge of coding to solve unique or new cases resulting in the assignment and sequencing of diagnosis and procedure codes related to the following:
- Outpatient: Home health, interventional radiology, observation, ambulatory and/or inpatient professional surgery, and Oncology.
- Inpatient: coding less with charges between $150,000 and $500,000 and rehab.
- Ensures documentation supports the level and type of service billed in compliance with billing regulations, provider documentation, procedures and coding guidelines.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of coding classification systems, anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, pharmacology, disease processes, and surgical techniques.
- Maintains compliance with quality and quantity standards along with demonstrated competency coding all types of records as outlined in Coding Policies.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Associates Degree in Healthcare or related field, 2 years relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience: 2 years relevant experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Must have at least one of the following credentials: RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator), RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician), CCS (Certified Coding Specialist), CPC (Certified Professional Coder), COC (Certified Outpatient Coder), CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder), CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder).
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.About St. Luke's Health SystemAs the only Idaho-based, not-for-profit health system, St. Luke’s Health System is part of the communities we serve, with local physicians and boards who further our organization’s mission “To improve the health of people in our region.” Working together, we share resources, skills, and knowledge to provide the best possible care, no matter which of our hospitals you choose.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18558904/coderLoading. Please wait.