Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1289 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!MultiCare Health System
Puyallup, WashingtonNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Vail Health
Avon, ColoradoNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!St. Joseph Regional Medical Center
Lewiston, IdahoNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!Foundation Health Partners
Fairbanks, AlaskaNEW! NEW!Benefis Health System
Great Falls, MontanaNEW! NEW!Bolivar Medical Center
Cleveland, MississippiNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Benefis Health System
Helena, MontanaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Raleigh, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobVice Chair Academic Affairs, Department of RadiologyUT Southwestern Medical CenterApplicationDetails
Location: Dallas, Texas
Type: Full Time
Sector:Hospital, Public and Private
Internal Number: 220000VW
Vice Chair Academic Affairs, Department of Radiology
The Radiology Department at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, ranked the No. 1 Best Hospital in Dallas-Fort Worth, is seeking a board certified/eligible, fellowship-trained physician radiologist who will work with approximately 217 clinical and research faculty. This faculty position will be appointed as the Vice Chair of Academic and Faculty Affairs, directly reporting to the Chair of the Department of Radiology. The ideal candidate will possess deep expertise and proficiency in all processes related to medical education, faculty promotion and tenure, consistent with the mission, vision, and values of the Department of Radiology. Appointment rank will be commensurate with academic accomplishments and experience.
UT Southwestern Medical Center
UT Southwestern Medical Center is one of the premier medical centers that is nationally recognized for its excellence in educating physicians, biomedical scientists, and health care personnel. The medical center’s faculty includes many distinguished scientists; among them are 26 members of the National Academy of Sciences, 17 members of the National Academy of Medicine, and 14 Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigators. Since 1985, six members of the UTSW faculty have been recipients of Nobel Prizes.
Established in 1943 as a small private medical school by a group of leading Dallas citizens, UT Southwestern has grown to employ more than 23,000 people, with an operating budget in excess of $4.5 billion. The campus is located 10 minutes from downtown Dallas and is part of the 1,000-plus-acre Southwestern Medical District.
Now comprising four schools, UTSW has grown into a thriving academic medical center with a rapidly expanding clinical enterprise dedicated to excellence in the care delivery. The institution provides medical care in approximately 80 specialties to more than 117,000 hospitalized patients annually and oversees nearly 360,000 emergency room cases and approximately 3 million outpatient visits a year. As a public entity, UTSW enjoys support from the state of Texas for its academic missions, as well as philanthropic support from the Dallas-Fort Worth community.
Department & Role Specific
Academic Strategic Planning and Development for Radiology
- Oversees the Director of Radiology Education, who is responsible for undergraduate medical education (UME) courses and Graduate Medical Education (GME) programs, including ACGME- and TMB-accredited fellowship programs
- Mentors Director in the role of core member of the institutional GME Committee
- Directs clinical grand rounds and oversees other efforts for the continuing medical education (CME) of Radiology faculty, fellows, and residents
- Completes the CME institutional application on a yearly basis
- Oversees the recruitment and selection of presenters
- Supervises other CME events sponsored by the Department
- Assists with initiatives including development, diversity, wellness, clinical sciences, and resource planning
- Develops, implements, and manages an academic strategic plan that ensures consistent growth and success across all missions
- Responsible for ensuring the Radiology Department’s research and education goals are integrated and aligned
- Division Chiefs meetings
- Executive Leadership Committee
- Chairs the Department of Radiology Promotion and Tenure Committee to nominate faculty for the institutional process
- Member of the institutional Promotion and Tenure Committee
Faculty Development, Guidance and Representation
- Provides career mentoring to clinical faculty, particularly those on the clinical scholar track
- Oversees Departmental faculty career development initiatives
- Provides guidance to Radiology faculty members regarding academic track selection, transitions, and progress
- Represents the Department in faculty issues or disputes, particularly those of an academic or professional nature/Collaborates with the Vice Chair of Research in this effort when appropriate
Consideration may be given to applicants seeking less than a full-time schedule. To learn more about the benefits UT Southwestern offers, visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/employees/hr-resources/
To apply, visit https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu, and search for 220000VW. Please attach a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references to your application. Consideration may be given to applicants seeking less than a full-time schedule. Appointment rank will be commensurate with academic accomplishments and experience. Incomplete applications will not receive full consideration.
For additional information and questions, please contact Melanie Yenchai, Faculty Recruiter via email: email@example.com.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information.
Compliance with the COVID-19 vaccine mandate enforced by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) is a requirement for this position. Federal law requires individuals holding this position to be fully vaccinated or have an approved exemption for certain
medical, disability, or religious reasons. Individuals who do not meet CMS vaccination requirements are not eligible and should not apply for this position but are encouraged to apply for other non-healthcare positions at UT Southwestern for which they qualify.
For COVID-19 vaccine information, applicants should visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/covid-19/work-on-campus/
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion/.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18557215/vice-chair-academic-affairs-department-of-radiologyLoading. Please wait.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005