Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1270 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.CHRISTUS Health
Corpus Christi, TexasNEW! NEW!PIH Health
Whittier, CaliforniaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Wesley Chapel, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Daytona Beach, FloridaNEW! NEW!AMN Healthcare on behalf of Rochester Regional Health
Rochester, New YorkNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Round Rock, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!DSFederal
Bethesda, MarylandNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Austin, TexasNEW! NEW!PIH Health
Whittier, CaliforniaNEW! NEW!Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Temple, TexasNEW! NEW!PIH Health
Los Angeles, CaliforniaNEW! NEW!PIH Health
Los Angeles, CaliforniaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Merriam, KansasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Maitland, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!RWJ New Brunswick
New Brunswick, New JerseyNEW! NEW!Vanderbilt Health
Nashville, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!PIH Health
Whittier, CaliforniaNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.ApplicationDetails
Location: Warwick, New York
Internal Number: 5003
The Clinical Laboratory Manager under the direction of the System Administrative Director and the Laboratory Medical Director will be responsible for all things related to the laboratory operations for St. Anthony Community Hospital and Bon Secours Community Hospital. The Clinical Laboratory Manager manages, plans, organize and evaluates the daily operation, staffing needs, and monitor daily quality control of the laboratory departments and/or shifts. Provides technical support and operational leadership to the laboratory staff by communicating and guiding toward achieving department goals and objectives.
- Manages day-to-day activities of laboratory operations, delivering and performance of laboratory services.
- Develop standard operating procedures to ensure that lab equipment and instrumentation are in good condition and kept current with respect to cleaning, preventive maintenance, calibration, repair, and inspection, coordinating with lab users, and external service providers.
- Lead in selection, development and implementation of laboratory equipment's and analyzer to maintain in providing the quality of laboratory service in collaboration with the system laboratory management.
- Ensures the performance of linearity studies, correlations and routine and emergency maintenance of laboratory instrumentation and methodologies as per regulatory requirements.
- Manages staffing schedule ensuring scheduled hours staff and vacation provide adequate coverage.
- Evaluates training needs and competencies of staff. Conducts training accordingly including other relevant hospital training requirements. Assures staff compliance to policies and procedures.
- Delegates proficiency testing challenges to all techs, responsible for result entry in DOH and CAP database and result review with root cause analysis as needed.
- Assures quality control and proficiency testing is performed as per policy and is within practice guidelines. Performs review of patient test results and quality reports.
- Evaluates department
alproblems and develops and recommends resolution strategies.
- Develops, writes, maintains and implements appropriate procedure manuals, policies and competency tools in collaboration with the other system managers.
- Motivates a high performing team to meet the current standard of regulatory agencies by effective selection, training and development, coaching and mentoring and performance management.
- Works with laboratory leadership to improve systems to support the patient testing process and evaluates departmental needs and makes recommendations to revise testing methodologies and platforms as necessary.
- Coordinates with LIS and IT to ensure that all appropriate lab instrumentation is interfaced.
- Performs payroll duties, Kronos.
- Ensures and maintains adequate supplies and reagents. Assure cost efficiencies.
- Understands and enforces hospital and personnel policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with the System Quality Manager to ensure that all regulatory standards are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum of 3 years of laboratory management experience with a minimum of six years relevant professional lab work experience. A valid New York State Education Department License as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist; National registration preferred (NCA/ASCP)
Bachelor's degree in laboratory sciences or related degree
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
St Anthony Community Hospital
For over 75 years, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, has been serving the residents of Orange County, NY, and New Jersey's Sussex and Passaic counties with outstanding and compassionate care. The 60-bed hospital has been a primary resource for emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services. Also on campus is the Mount Alverno Center, a state-approved adult home with an assisted-living program serving 85 residents, and Schervier Pavilion, a 120-bed skilled-nursing facility dedicated to the highest standard of healthcare excellence.About WMCHealthWMCHealth is a 1,900-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with ten hospitals on eight campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2 and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region’s only acute care children’s hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, a state of the art Telemedicine program, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18543361/manager-laboratoryLoading. Please wait.