Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 817 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.CHRISTUS Health
Corpus Christi, TexasNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Round Rock, TexasNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Austin, TexasNEW! NEW!PIH Health
Whittier, CaliforniaNEW! NEW!Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Merriam, KansasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Denver, ColoradoNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Merriam, KansasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Tyler, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!PIH Health
Whittier, CaliforniaNEW! NEW!Vanderbilt Health
Nashville, TennesseeNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Valhalla, New YorkNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Summit/NJ/USANEW! NEW!Sonic Healthcare USA
Aiea, HawaiiNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!quality, executive, infusion, transplant
Manhasset, New YorkNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Kindred Hospitals
Lima, OhioNEW! NEW!Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!Sonic Healthcare USA
Hicksville, New YorkNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobSr. Billing Representative - Denali CenterFoundation Health PartnersApplicationDetails
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Internal Number: 11600
The purpose of this position is to coordinate and facilitate patient billing and collection activities, following patient accounts through the billing process to the payor, working with the payor through claims processing, ensuring reimbursement to the facility. Provides leadership to the patient financial services team, participating in the selection and training of staff members. This position serves as a primary resource in complex and/or sensitive cases and may be assigned to work in any position in the department based on the departmental need.
About Fairbanks Memorial HospitalFairbanks Memorial Hospital is a non-profit facility owned by the Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital Foundation. A Joint Commission-accredited facility with 152 licensed beds, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is the primary referral center for residents of Alaska's interior with a strong patient-to-nurse ratio and Shared Leadership Infrastructure. In addition to our exceptional clinical environment, our location offers incomparable lifestyle rewards away from work. In Fairbanks, small-town living, spectacular natural beauty and endless recreation combine to create a one-of-a-kind place to live, work and play.
- Provides leadership and training to Patient Financial Services Representatives. Provides leadership for the team by successfully leading special projects, training staff, providing suggestions to improve processes and serving as a resource for complex and sensitive accounts.
- As assigned, processes payments, adjustments, claims, correspondence, refunds, denials, financial/charity applications, and/or payment plans in an accurate and timely manner, meeting goals in work quality and productivity. Coordinates with other staff members and physician office staff as necessary ensure correct processing.
- As assigned, reconciles, balances and pursues account balances and payments, and/or denials, working with payor remits, facility contracts, payor customer service, provider representatives, spreadsheets and the company's collection/self-pay policies to ensure maximum reimbursement.
- As assigned, researches payments, denials and/or accounts to determine short/over payments, contract discrepancies, incorrect financial classes, internal/external errors. Makes appeals and corrections as necessary.
- Builds strong working relationships with assigned business units, hospital departments or provider offices. Identifies trends in payment issues and communicates with internal and external customers as appropriate to educate and correct problems. Provides assistance and excellent customer service to these internal clients.
- Responds to incoming calls and makes outbound calls as required to resolve billing and payment issues. Provides assistance and excellent customer service to patients, patient families, providers, and other internal and external customers.
- Reduces Accounts Receivable balances. Works as a member of the patient financial services team to achieve goals in days and dollars of outstanding accounts.
- Uses systems to provide statistical data, prepare issues list(s) and to communicate with payors accurately.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Foundation Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires knowledge of patient financial services, or financial collecting services or insurance industry experience processes normally acquired over two or more years of work experience. Requires knowledge of medical terminology and a broad understanding of all common insurance and payor types and authorization requirements. Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision and to work independently. Requires strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to effectively interact with a wide range of audiences.
Strong knowledge in the use of common office software, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software are required.
Work experience with the Company's systems and processes is preferred. Previous cash collections experience is preferred. May have related experience with financial institution or background.
Foundation Health Partners is an EEO/AAP employer; qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.Community owned and operated, the employees of Tanana Valley Clinic, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital and Denali Center feel a great responsibility towards our patients, our community and each other. People First. We are dedicated to the delivery of compassionate health care. We believe in kindness and courtesy to every patient, every visitor, every employee, every person, every time. It takes a tremendous variety of strengths to meet the health care needs of our unique community. We offer a wide range of careers – nursing, finance, housekeeping, culinary, engineering, information technology radiology, pharmacy, rehab therapies and more. As the largest private employer in the Interior, Foundation Health Partners employs some of the brightest, most compassionate people in Fairbanks. If you want to make a difference, if you want to work with great people and if you want to earn competitive benefits, become an employee of Foundation Health Partners. Foundation Health Partners is an EEO/AAP employer; qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18525346/sr-billing-representative-denali-centerLoading. Please wait.