Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1200 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Vanderbilt Health
Nashville, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Bolivar Medical Center
Cleveland, MississippiNEW! NEW!St. Joseph Regional Medical Center
Lewiston, IdahoNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Nemours
Wilmington, DelawareNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!Foundation Health Partners
Fairbanks, AlaskaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Tampa, FloridaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!UNM Hospital
Albuquerque, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Vanderbilt Health
Nashville, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Temple, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Beebe Healthcare
Lewes, DelawareNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.ApplicationDetails
Location: Orlando, Florida
Internal Number: 23015491
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time, Remote (must reside within 50 miles of Central Florida)
The community you’ll be caring for:
- The Maitland Office Plaza houses our highly skilled teams that support our hospital system including Marketing, Patient Financial Services, Revenue Management, the Credit Union and Human Resources.
- The Trickle Building, a two-story office structure, creates an atmosphere of health and healing, with a healthy-style café and quaint chapel.
- The main lobby is filled with lush greenery and a light trickle of water, creating a holistic environment.
The role you’ll contribute:
Under general supervision of the Director of Clinical Documentation Integrity and in some situations the supervision of the Clinical Documentation Integrity Manager, and in collaboration with physicians, nursing and HIM coders, the Clinical Documentation Specialist (CDS) strategically facilitates and obtain appropriate and quality physician documentation for any clinical conditions or procedures to support the appropriate severity of illness, expected risk of mortality, and complexity of care of the patient. The CDS educates members of the patient care team regarding documentation guidelines, including attending physicians, allied health practitioners, nursing, and care management. The CDS adheres to strict departmental and organizational goals, objectives, standards of performance and policies and procedures, continually ensuring quality documentation and regulatory compliance. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Demonstrates, through behavior, Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
- Reviews concurrent medical record for compliance including completeness and accuracy for severity of illness (SOI) and quality using the Compliant Documentation Management Program (CDMP) documentation strategies.
- Completes accurate and timely record review to ensure the integrity of documentation compliance. Completes accurate and concise input of data into CDMP Trak resulting in accurate metrics provided by the CDMP program. Understands and supports CDMP documentation strategies (upon completion of training) and continues to educate self and team members using educational tools, videos and provided WebEx's.
- Recognizes opportunities for documentation improvement using strong critical-thinking skills. Uses critical thinking and sound judgment in decision making keeping reimbursement considerations in balance with regulatory compliance. Initiates/formulates CDMP severity worksheets and clinically credible clarifications for inpatients, sending/presenting opportunities for improved documentation compliance to physicians, nurse practitioners and other medical staff.
- Transcribes documentation clarifications as appropriate for SOI, ROM, PSI, HCCs and HACs to ensure documentation compliance is accomplished.
- Strategically educates members of the patient-care team regarding documentation regulations and guidelines, including attending physicians, allied health practitioners, nursing, and care management. This includes quarterly compliance updates from Medicare.
- Effectively and appropriately communicates with physicians and other healthcare providers as necessary to ensure appropriate, accurate and complete clinical documentation. Communicates with HIM staff and collaborates with them to resolves discrepancies with DRG assignments and other coding issues.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of five years acute care nursing experience with specific medical/surgical, Intensive Care, post-acute care unit, or Emergency Department experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- BSN, MSN
- Clinical Documentation Specialist experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current active State license as a Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician's Assistant or an unlicensed physician who has graduated from a medical school that is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (World Directory) as meeting eligibility requirements for its graduates to apply to the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for ECFMG Certification and examination at the time of graduation.
About AdventHealthAt AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18522973/clinical-document-specialist-iLoading. Please wait.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005