Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1301 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Saint Peter's Healthcare System
New Brunswick, New JerseyDuke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Vanderbilt Health
Nashville, TennesseeNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!MultiCare Health System
Puyallup, WashingtonNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Vail Health
Avon, ColoradoNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!St. Joseph Regional Medical Center
Lewiston, IdahoNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Foundation Health Partners
Fairbanks, AlaskaNEW! NEW!Vanderbilt Health
Nashville, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Benefis Health System
Great Falls, MontanaNEW! NEW!Bolivar Medical Center
Cleveland, MississippiNEW! NEW!Vanderbilt Health
Nashville, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobChair for the Department of Obstetrics and GynecologySaint Peter's Healthcare SystemApplicationDetails
Location: New Brunswick, New Jersey
Type: Full Time
Sector:Hospital, Public and Private
Additional Information:Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: req895
Saint Peter’s University Hospital, a member of Saint Peter’s Healthcare System, is seeking a Chair for the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology to provide strategic and operational leadership for the department. In collaboration with the hospital administration, the Chair will provide visionary leadership towards the institutional goals for innovative, cutting edge obstetrical and gynecological practice coupled with advancements in teaching and research.
The position is a full-time Department Chair role that will:
- Enable a physician to run a successful department while continuing to work in clinical practice
- Engage team members and our community where all voices are included and valued
- Provide visible leadership and mentorship
- Demonstrates the value of diversity
- Provide strategic leadership, direction, and coordination for all clinical, teaching and research components of the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Collaborate with medical and administrative leadership to meet and exceed the system’s goals
- Maintain the highest quality of medical care for the department while growing volume
- Actively support and promote patient safety, continuous performance and quality improvement, risk management and efficient resource utilization linked to evidence-based medicine
- Create new clinical programs, provide effective mentoring, and evaluate and anticipate the department’s future
As a key member of the physician leadership team of Saint Peter’s, the successful candidate must demonstrate excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills. The candidate will possess broad market insight regarding trends and outlook for the healthcare delivery system, with a solid grasp of healthcare finance and the ability to effectively participate in strategic planning and program development initiatives.
- A minimum of 10-15 years of postgraduate clinical experience in the field, gained within a major teaching hospital or academic medical center environment
- Five or more years of successful and progressive leadership experience in a Medical Director, Division Chief, Center Director, Associate Chair or Chair role
- A track record of scholarly activity, academic accomplishments, and professional service with experience and stature necessary to ensure the continuation and enhancement of the clinical, educational and research missions of the Department of OB/GYN
- Experience developing physician leaders and a reputation for mentorship and development of junior staff/faculty
- Prior experience working with private (voluntary) medical staff members as well as employed faculty is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong commitment to patient care and the mission of Saint Peter’s University Hospital.
- Ability to gain trust, credibility, and respect through open, honest, and clear communication.
- Personable and approachable; a good listener
- Demonstrated managerial and business acumen with knowledge of the complex financial pressures facing health systems and health care delivery organizations today
- Ability to effectively participate in planning initiatives, including new program development and clinical services
About Saint Peter's Healthcare SystemSaint Peter's Healthcare System, headquartered in New Brunswick, New Jersey, was formed in 2007 and reflects the expansive scope of health and wellness services they offer to their communities. Besides Saint Peter's University Hospital, which has been serving the central New Jersey community since 1907, the system includes The Children’s Hospital at Saint Peter’s University Hospital, Saint Peter’s Foundation, Saint Peter’s Physician Associates, and Saint Peter’s Health & Management Services Corporation, which includes the CARES Surgicenter, a joint venture with physician investors. Keeping faith with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and guided by the Bishop of Metuchen, Saint Peter's University Hospital is committed to humble service to humanity, especially the poor, through competence and good stewardship of resources. The Children's Hospital at Saint Peter's University Hospital, a state-designated acute care children’s hospital, offers a full-range of pediatric specialized healthcare services for newborns and children through young adulthood. The Children’s Hospital at Saint Peter’s operates one of the largest, most advanced neonatal intensive care units in the coun...try as part of New Jersey’s first state-designated Regional Perinatal Center, renowned throughout New Jersey for the exceptional level of high-risk maternity and neonatal care provided. The Children’s Hospital at Saint Peter’s cares for 8,000 inpatients and more than 45,000 outpatients annually. Saint Peter's University Hospital has grown to become a technologically-advanced, 478-bed major teaching hospital, that provides a broad array of services to the community and operates one of the largest maternity services in the state, delivering more than 5,400 newborns in 2022. The Hospital employs a staff of 3,300 and has a medical staff of 900+ physicians.Show moreShow lesshttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18487481/chair-for-the-department-of-obstetrics-and-gynecologyLoading. Please wait.
- M.D. or D.O.
- Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice medicine in the State of New Jersey
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005