Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1622 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.WMCHealth
Valhalla, New YorkNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Akron Children's Hospital
Akron, OhioNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Akron Children's Hospital
Akron, OhioNEW! NEW!Arkansas Children's Hospital
Little Rock, ArkansasFeatured! Featured! NEW! NEW!Sonic Healthcare USA
Chattanooga, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Daytona Beach, FloridaNEW! NEW!Sonic Healthcare USA
Nashville, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Beebe Healthcare
Lewes, DelawareNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Longview, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Maitland, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Celebration, FloridaNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Valhalla, New YorkNEW! NEW!ChristianaCare Health System
Elkton, MarylandNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Brentwood, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!Beebe Healthcare
Lewes, DelawareNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.ApplicationDetails
Location: Valhalla, New York
Internal Number: 29156
Salary Range:$69.94 - $82.52
The Manager of Pharmacy manages the daily activities of a designated clinical function to ensure effective and cost efficient health care services. Administers the budget, supervises staff, and develops business opportunities. Resolves all operational issues and complaints to promote patient satisfaction.
- Coordinates the identification, communication and resolution of problems relating to daily operational activities.
- Encourages and stimulates excellence among employees in work habits, area maintenance, mutual respect, customer service and other activities directly or indirectly related to patient care.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of programs and policies for monitoring and enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of pharmacy services.
- Responsible for the ongoing development and motivation of staff by assuring the timely resolution of personnel issues, ongoing communication of performance expectations and the completion of performance reviews.
- Communicates the status of projects, staff concerns, and problems to the Director of Pharmacy or designee on a routine basis.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting quality indicators, work volume statistics, and project statuses in the pharmacy department.
- Assists the Director of Pharmacy or designee in setting priorities for and tracking progress on quality, safety, and regulatory compliance. Maintains expert working knowledge of The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), National Patient Safety Goals (NPSG), Department of Public Health (DPH), American Society of Health system Pharmacists (ASHP), Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) and Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services (CMS) medication-related and pharmacy practice standards and metrics and relates them to current departmental and organizational policies and procedures in pharmacy practice.
- Performs regular audits and rounds in areas where medications are stored, prepared or administered to identify practices that deviate from existing policies or standards. Ensures completion of the Patient Care Area Inspections and reviews these data for improvement opportunities or trends.
- Assists process improvement teams in developing action plans to address practice gaps and foster a culture of safety.
- Advises the Director of Pharmacy on designing new processes in a way that minimizes safety risk and process inefficiency. Utilize process improvement tools and LEAN principles in designing and implementing new processes or process changes.
- Participates in the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, and performance management of professional and technical staff in area that you have oversight for.
- Fosters open inter- and intradepartmental communication between staff and managers. Participates in departmental, organizational and health system committees related to medication management as directed by the Director, Pharmacy Services.
- Complies with all aspects of the hospital's patient/customer relations program. Demonstrates professionalism in all activities, as measure by a concern for patient care, the ability to listen /cooperate, showing flexibility under stress, the ability to help others, and the ability to set and achieve goals.
- Effectively demonstrates the principles and conduct consistent with a High Reliability Organization.
- Demonstrates a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, families and significant others.
- Displays courtesy, tact and patience during interactions with all members of the hospital staff and extended community.
- Supports ongoing education of other professional personnel, including the Departments of Medicine and Nursing, throughout the institution.
- Participates in Nursing/Pharmacy Committee meetings.
- Adheres to Westchester Medical Center Health Network's legal and ethical standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Five years' experience in Pharmacy, two of which were at a leadership level.
Pharm D. New York State license/registration required.
Licenses / Certifications:
Must maintain NYS Pharmacy License
WMC Advanced Physician Services PCAbout WMCHealthWMCHealth is a 1,900-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with ten hospitals on eight campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2 and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region’s only acute care children’s hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, a state of the art Telemedicine program, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18345785/manager-pharmacyLoading. Please wait.