Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 779 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.The Joint Commission
UNAVAILABLE,NEW! NEW!Akron Children's Hospital
Akron, OhioNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Daytona Beach, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Maitland, FloridaNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Valhalla, New YorkNEW! NEW!ChristianaCare Health System
Elkton, MarylandNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Brentwood, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Killeen, TexasNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Barton Creek, TexasNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Midlothian, TexasNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Temple, TexasNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Lago Vista, TexasNEW! NEW!UNM Hospital
Albuquerque, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Killeen, TexasNEW! NEW!ChristianaCare Health System
Wilmington, DelawareNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.ApplicationDetails
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2302985General Contracts Analyst-2302985
Job: Professional and Managerial
Primary Location: TN-Nashville-Crystal Terrace
Organization: Office of Contracts Mgmt 104069Shift: First ShiftDescription
General Contracts Analyst
In your rewarding role as General Contracts Analyst, you will draft, review, negotiate, and finalize agreements on behalf of the organization, under occasional guidance. You also will track new agreement, conduct continuing review of existing agreements, and maintain the integrity of the contract tracking database.
The office of Contracts Management (OCM) is a division of the Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC), Office of Research. We serve as the central Medical Center office for contract intake, processing, negotiation, and management. OCM reviews both research and non-research contracts. Research agreements include bench research, clinical trials, federal contracts, and federal subcontracts. Non-research agreements include professional services, educational and affiliation agreements. For more information, please visit www.vumc.org/ocm.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
- Handles federal subcontracts, state contracts, professional services agreements, hospital business area community outreach agreements, and affiliated Medical Directorships.
- Drafts routine contracts and subcontracts to create new contractual relationships with external parties.
- Negotiates contract terms and conditions directly with prime contractors, subcontractors, and federal government. Coordinates compliance documents and ensures the integrity and security of data.
- Collaborates with and disseminates information to research leadership and staff to ensure that contractual terms accurately reflect the scope of work outlined in the protocol, the likelihood of intellectual property, the ability to freely publish, protect human subjects and patient confidentiality, and do not contain undue restrictions.
- Analyzes budgets and payment schedules for compliance in order to ensure timeliness and maintain project expectations.
- Develops solutions to a variety of issues of low to moderate scope and complexity.
- Provides training and acts as a consultant to staff and faculty in the organization.
- Assists with development and revision of existing and new policies and procedures.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
CONTRACT KNOWLEDGE (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates an understanding of different types of contracts, negotiations, and management of contracts made with vendors and partners. Understands the need to negotiate and protect the organization throughout the life of an agreement.
REGULATORY AWARENESS (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates knowledge of healthcare regulations and security best practices. Identifies appropriate sources of governmental and industry guidance. Interprets regulations and guidance to assist application and business stakeholders with compliance and security best practice efforts.
COMMUNICATION (INTERMEDIATE):- Clearly, effectively and respectfully communicates to employees or customers.
PROBLEM SOLVING (INTERMEDIATE):- Uses critical thinking and process improvement i.e. coaches and mentors development of problem statement, describes current state, identifies root causes, creates future state, coaches and mentors development of solutions and action plans with a sustainability plan. Applies appropriate tools to address issues.
QUALITY ASSURANCE (INTERMEDIATE):- Understands the goal of increasing organizational productivity and individual performance by making the products and services within your work assignments more efficient and more effective.
- Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
- Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES:
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY:
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY:
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
- Master's Degree (or equivalent experience)
- 1 year experience
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self, patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and small spaces
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Frequent: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
INDTBAbout Vanderbilt HealthVanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.Show moreShow lessMore Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18344033/general-contracts-analystLoading. Please wait.