Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1540 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Nemours
Wilmington, DelawareFeatured! Featured! NEW! NEW!Emory University School of Medicine
Decatur, GeorgiaNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Temple, TexasNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Poughkeepsie, New YorkNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Raleigh, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Shawnee Mission, KansasNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!Nemours
Wilmington, DelawareNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Yuma Regional Medical Center
Not Specified,NEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Tampa, FloridaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
San Antonio, TexasNEW! NEW!Institute for Healthcare Improvement
Boston, MassachusettsNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobBasic Scientist Assistant 2, Pediatric Infectious DiseaseVanderbilt HealthApplicationDetails
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2301752Basic Scientist Assistant 2, Pediatric Infectious Disease-2301752
Job: Professional and Managerial
Primary Location: TN-Nashville-Medical Center North (MCN)
Organization: Pediatric Infectious Disease 104606Shift: First ShiftDescription
This position is with the Halasa/Chappell Lab, jointly led by Drs. Natasha Halasa and James Chappell, within the Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. The laboratory research concentrates on the etiology, epidemiology, prevention, and pathobiology of infectious diseases.
The successful candidate will have post-graduate training in microbiology, infectious diseases, immunology, or related discipline. Relevant knowledge, skills, and experience include molecular and serologic assay development, validation, and implementation; diagnostic laboratory quality management; evaluation of humoral and cellular immune responses to infection and vaccination; virologic techniques; clinical and epidemiologic research; next-generation sequencing and bioinformatics; and laboratory statistical methods.
Holder of this position will:
- Independently design, validate, and launch molecular and serologic assays for specific pathogen detection.
- Carry primary responsibility for introduction of new technologies into the laboratory commensurate with changes in the field of infectious diseases testing and specific needs of the research program.
- Ensure a rigorous laboratory quality management system and identify opportunities for continuous quality improvement.
- Review, analyze, and approve test results.
- Identify and rectify test-system abnormalities, problems with test process, and unusual or suspicious results.
- Assist in the prioritization of laboratory activities based on short- and long-range needs and goals of the research program.
- Assist in the supervision and training of laboratory staff and work synergistically with senior lab leadership.
- Develop manuscripts and assist principal investigators with grant preparation.
- Present research findings at scientific and clinical conferences.
- Mentor fellows and students in development of research projects.
- Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
- Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
Doctorate/PhD and 3 years experience
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
- Full Time/Exempt Position
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
The division of pediatric infectious diseases features nationally and internationally-recognized leaders in vaccine development and vaccine safety, bacterial infections such as pertussis and staphylococcus aureus, viral infections such as influenza and coronaviruses (e.g. SARS), pediatric HIV/AIDS, global health, antimicrobial stewardship, and the care of children with compromised immune systems.
Why Choose Infectious Diseases Care at Children's Hospital?
- Our team of ID physicians, nurses, and pharmacists is dedicated to providing the highest-quality care in a compassionate and patient-centered manner.
- Our team is continually at the forefront of new and innovative developments in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of pediatric infections.
- Our team works closely with all other specialties within Children's Hospital to provide an individualized, multidisciplinary plan of care for your child.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/DisabledBasic Qualifications
About Vanderbilt HealthVanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.Show moreShow lessMore Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18344026/basic-scientist-assistant-2-pediatric-infectious-diseaseLoading. Please wait.
- Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Light Work category requiring exertion up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects.
- Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Occasional: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Frequent: Noise: May include exposure to occupational noise levels which equal or exceed an 8-hr time-weighted average of 85 decibels, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Hearing Conservation Program which includes training, use of hearing protection, and periodic audiometry.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.