Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1606 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Burleson, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Tyler, TexasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Tyler, TexasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!MultiCare Health System
Tacoma, WashingtonNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Calhoun, GeorgiaNEW! NEW!Akron Children's Hospital
Akron, OhioNEW! NEW!Nicklaus Children’s Health System
Miami, FloridaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, New YorkNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!Beebe Healthcare
Lewes, DelawareNEW! NEW!Nemours
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobSterile Processing Tech Lead - Barnes-Jewish HospitalBJC HealthCareApplicationDetails
Location: Saint Louis, Missouri
Internal Number: 45467
- 2:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- Rotate every 5th weekend
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
At Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Perioperative Services team members find the kind of fast-paced environment that will test their professional judgment and critical thinking skills, and encourage tremendous growth. It's an exhilarating place to build a career. Here, you'll work with world-renowned surgeons and anesthesiologists, assist on unique and complex procedures, work with the latest technologies and treatments and play a vital role in developing new procedures and treatment protocols. In fact, people from all over the nation and the world come to Barnes-Jewish for our surgical specialties.
Assists the supervisor and staff in providing high quality cleaning, inspection, disinfection and sterilization of complex surgical instrumentation, implants and power equipment in a 24/7 environment according to industry standards. Supports disinfection procedures for complex endoscopic devices. Training and troubleshooting issues or problems as they arise. Functions as charge in absence of supervisor. Monitors electronic systems to prioritize tray production. Works as high functioning member of a team supporting clinics, procedural areas and over 65 operating rooms. Works with complex tray configurations to support variety of services including ophthalmology, neurosurgery, otolaryngology, trauma, transplant, cardiac, orthopedic, labor and delivery, fetal surgery, general surgery, minimally invasive and robotic cases. Performs functions including decontamination, preparation, sterilization and distribution of sterile surgical instrumentation and supplies. Utilizes instrument tracking and inventory management software with electronic medical scheduling systems to manage instrument inventory and prioritize and build case carts for ?just in time? supply and instrumentation delivery to the operating rooms. Supports cleaning and sterilization needs for research related and IRB approved instrumentation.
- Assists supervisor in ensuring staff compliance to productivity, quality measures, standard work procedures, and best practices as it relates to all departmental areas, including scope reprocessing, decontamination, assembly, sterilization, case cart assembly, sterile storage, and remote OR locations. Assists supervisor in onboarding, training and orientation of new employees.
- Able to work with complex tray configurations to support a level 1 trauma and academic center with a variety of services including ophthalmology, neurosurgery, ENT, trauma, transplant, cardiac, orthopedic, labor and delivery, fetal surgery, general surgery, minimally invasive and robotic cases and complex endoscopic devices. Manages multiple priorities and adapts to surgical case schedule changes throughout the day. Coordinates the processing of vendor instrumentation to ensure completion prior to next day surgical procedures.
- Utilizes and troubleshoots variety of automated specialized equipment such as instrument washers, cart washers, ultrasonic, and sterilizers as well as high level disinfection equipment and related accessories. Utilizes instrument tracking and inventory management software with electronic medical scheduling systems to manage instrument inventory and prioritize both instrumentation and the build of case carts for ?just in time? supply and instrumentation delivery to the operating rooms.
- Provides cleaning, disinfection and sterilization support for research and IRB approved research protocols.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-5 years
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Associate or Trade School Equi
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5-10 years
- < 2 years
Licenses & Certifications
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity EmployerAbout BJC HealthCareBJC HealthCare is one of the largest nonprofit health care organizations in the United States, delivering services to residents primarily in the greater St. Louis, southern Illinois and southeast Missouri regions. With net revenues of $5.5 billion and more than 30,000 employees, BJC serves patients and their families in urban, suburban and rural communities through its 15 hospitals and multiple community health locations. Services include inpatient and outpatient care, primary care, community health and wellness, workplace health, home health, community mental health, rehabilitation, long-term care and hospice. BJC is the largest provider of charity care, unreimbursed care and community benefits in the state of Missouri. BJC and its hospitals and health service organizations provide $785.9 million annually in community benefit. That includes $410.6 million in charity care and other financial assistance to patients to ensure medical care regardless of their ability to pay. In addition, BJC provides additional community benefits through commitments to research, emergency preparedness, regional health care safety net services, health literacy, community outreach and community healt...h programs and regional economic development. BJC’s patients have access to the latest advances in medical science and technology through a formal affiliation between Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital with the renowned Washington University School of Medicine, which consistently ranks among the top medical schools in the country.Show moreShow lessMore Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18343542/sterile-processing-tech-lead-barnes-jewish-hospitalLoading. Please wait.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005