Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1949 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Nemours
Wilmington, DelawareFeatured! Featured! NEW! NEW!Benefis Health System
Great Falls, MontanaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Emory University School of Medicine
Decatur, GeorgiaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!UR Medicine - Department of Emergency Medicine
Rochester, New YorkNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Temple, TexasNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Poughkeepsie, New YorkNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Raleigh, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Shawnee Mission, KansasNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!Nemours
Wilmington, DelawareNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobPopulation Health Care Manager- Rising RiskDuke University Health SystemApplicationDetails
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Internal Number: 197928
Duke Connected Care, a community-based, physician-led network, includes a group of doctors, hospitals and other healthcare providers who work together to deliver high-quality care to Medicare Fee-for-Service patients in Durham and itssurrounding areas.
The Population Health Care Manager is responsible for clinical expertise for specific complex and/or rising risk patient populations with a design to meet specific contractual and program related requirements. This role will perform disease management, assessment of disease, care plan development and facilitation, referral to appropriate levels of care, etc. The role functions as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team, ensuring excellence with transitions of care to achieve optimal clinical outcomes through a seamless model of access and care. Focus on improving the health status and care for individuals with chronic conditions with complex medical, mental health and psychosocial issues.
- Coordinate and facilitate timely implementation of assessments, care plans, and appropriate interventions for identified patient population to determine patient health, social situation, physical environment, mental health, substance use, expressed trauma, economic status, and education to patients while exercising discretion and independent judgment; following established policies and procedures.
- Provide individual treatment to address barriers and identified concerns by accessing systematically identified data from multiple sources such as patient medical records, claims, and program metric reports to target recipient(s) and provider(s) for outreach, education, and intervention.
- Perform targeted interventions to assist patients with connection to primary care providers and other health care resources. Involve the patient and their support systems (i.e. caregiver, family, etc.) in the decision-making process.
- Use a patient-centric, collaborative partnership approach to assist the patient with improved self-management and identifying barriers by addressing the total individual, inclusive of medical, psychosocial, behavioral, and spiritual needs.
- Utilize proven processes to measure a patients understanding and acceptance of the proposed plan(s), his/her willingness to change, and his/her support to maintain health behavior change.
- Apply teaching and learning theories to assist patients and families with physical and emotional impact of body changes and chronic illness.
- Monitor quality and effectiveness of interventions to the population by setting long term and/or short-term specific, measurable goal(s).
- Electronically document all activity in Maestro, and other documentation systems relevant t o the position.
- Communicate and coordinate with all provider(s) and member(s) of the care team as needed to minimize fragmented care and foster appropriate utilization of services. This will include, navigating transitions of care generally from hospital to home or community facilities.
- Facilitate interdisciplinary communication to include specialists, PCP, RN, psychiatrist and other key providers.
- Interface with key providers (e.g. discharge planners, social workers, physicians, psychiatrist etc.) within the hospital, primary care practices, public health and social service departments, as well as mental health agencies and other community resources to assure that patients are linked to and engaged in services.
- Provide on-site, community, and telephonic outreach to patients, providers, and community stakeholders assisting with identification of treatment history, diagnoses and patient care components both internally and externally to ensure that services provided are sensitive to the needs of individual patients and take into account ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- This position may require home visits based on business rules and clinical need of identified patient population.
- Provide feedback to TL, management, and executive leadership that will enhance negotiations with payers, improve care management, and/or address gaps in care.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers internal and external to Duke Health System.
Bachelor's degree in a clinical field such as Nursing, Counseling, Social Work, Therapy, Allied Health, or community health related fields.
3 years of clinical experience required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Must have a current license in at least one of these areas:
Current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina
Current licensure as a licensed clinical social worker by the NC Social Work Certification and Licensure Board
Current licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor by the state of NC,
Current licensure as a Licensed Addiction Specialist by the state of North Carolina.
Requires ACM or CCM certification within 3 years of hire date.
Job Code: 00005495 POPULATION HEALTH CARE MANAGER
Job Level: G1
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the communityfeel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.As a world-class academic and health care system, Duke Health strives to transform medicine and health locally and globally through innovative scientific research, rapid translation of breakthrough discoveries, educating future clinical and scientific leaders, advocating and practicing evidence-based medicine to improve community health, and leading efforts to eliminate health inequalities.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18343480/population-health-care-manager-rising-riskLoading. Please wait.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005