Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 2009 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Nicklaus Children’s Health System
Miami, FloridaAtlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!The Joint Commission
UNAVAILABLE,NEW! NEW!Akron Children's Hospital
Akron, OhioNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Akron Children's Hospital
Akron, OhioNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Sonic Healthcare USA
Chattanooga, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Daytona Beach, FloridaNEW! NEW!Sonic Healthcare USA
Nashville, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Beebe Healthcare
Lewes, DelawareNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Longview, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Maitland, FloridaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Celebration, FloridaNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Valhalla, New YorkNEW! NEW!ChristianaCare Health System
Elkton, MarylandNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Brentwood, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobPhysician Assistant/First Assistant - Plastic Surgery (Full Time, Day Shift)Nicklaus Children’s Health SystemApplicationDetails
Location: Miami, Florida
Internal Number: 23782Description
Provides diagnostic, therapeutic, surgical, and preventative care under the supervision of a surgeon. Assists the surgeon in the global management of patient care in all peri-operative settings. Completes pre-op tasks including physical examinations and recording health history. Orders appropriate laboratory and radiographic tests. Participates in daily rounds, writes progress notes, conducts patient education, writes prescriptions, and prepares discharge summaries.
Job Specific Duties
- Performs comprehensive and problem focused history and physical examinations.
- Performs first assist duties.
- Provides pre and post-operative surgical care.
- Conducts daily hospital rounds.
- Writes orders and progress notes.
- Initiates emergency resuscitation and stabilization as necessary.
- Orders appropriate laboratory tests, radiological studies, and consultations.
- Participates in committees, research, and special projects related to specialty area.
- Participates in quality improvement program.
- Formulates and implements treatment and therapeutic plans for hospitalized patients.
- Performs procedures as demonstrated through competency.
- Orders and/or prescribes controlled and non-controlled substances for inpatient/outpatients (DEA required for controlled substances).
- Assists with call.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant program (Required)
- PA - Physician Assistant Current and valid Physician Assistant licensure with the State of Florida
- NCCPA - Ntl Commission on Certif of PA
- CPR BLS -American Heart Association BLS American Heart Association (AHA) BLS - must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- PALS - American Heart Association PALS American Heart Association (AHA) PALS - must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- BACKGRD - Level II Background Check
- Must maintain current continuing education requirements as specified by the American Academy of Physicians Assistants (AAPA) and the State of Florida Regulatory Agencies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families, and co-workers.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to problem solve, formulate a plan of care, and evaluate the patient's response to care.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and react calmly under stressful conditions.
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital CampusPrimary Location :
NCPS-PLASTIC SURGERY-3100-440785Department :Job Status
:Full TimeAbout Nicklaus Children’s Health SystemNicklaus Children’s Health System, is the region’s only healthcare system exclusively for children. In addition to Nicklaus Children’s Hospital and a growing number of outpatient centers located throughout the tri-county area, the health system includes Nicklaus Children’s Hospital Foundation, the organization’s fundraising arm; Nicklaus Children's Pediatric Specialists, a nonprofit physician practice subsidiary; a management services organization, and an ambulatory surgery center. Our vision is to be where the children are. Ultimately, this means being there through all stages of health and life, both physically and emotionally. To be a trusted partner to children and their families, not only in times of illness, but throughout their life journey. Our mission is to inspire hope and promote lifelong health by providing the best care to every child.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18341671/physician-assistant-first-assistant-plastic-surgery-full-time-day-shiftLoading. Please wait.