Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 165 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Benefis Health System
Great Falls, MontanaNEW! NEW!WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Raleigh, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Benefis Health System
Great Falls, MontanaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!Northern Nevada Health System
RENO, NevadaNEW! NEW!Yuma Regional Medical Center
Yuma, ArizonaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
TexasNEW! NEW!WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Raleigh, North CarolinaLoading... Please wait.ApplicationDetails
Location: Miami, Florida
Internal Number: 22810Description
Responsible for the care of injured patients transported by the LifeFlight Transport Program. Oversees the maintenance and upkeep of the ambulance and its equipment including responding to requests for transport with all of LifeFlight's ground vehicles, record keeping, data entry, and clerical support as assigned. Responsible for ongoing development of the LifeFlight program by attending and participating in meetings, in-services, committees, and taking on and completing projects. Accountable for driving the ambulances and performing ground only transportation of patients, whether this is for the critical care team or the single provider team.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Active Florida Paramedic license
- CPR BLS - American Heart Association - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- FL Driver's License - current class E driver's license
- Completion of EVOC course
- PALS - American Heart Association - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- ACLS - American Heart Association - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- CPI - Crisis Prevention Institute within 6 months of hire
- NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program American Academy of Pediatrics - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment within 6 months of hire
- FP-C, NPT-C, or CCP-C certification within 19months of hire.
- 1- years of Paramedic experience
- 1-3 years of experience driving an emergency vehicle
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers ACLS/PALS medications and/or other medications as required per transport and Medical Director of the program.
- Assists with inter-facility and intra-facility transfers of patients and attends to personal needs of patients/families with each transport.
- Functions as a professional representative of the Nicklaus Children's Hospital LifeFlight Transport Program on every shift.
- Maintains and provides upkeep of MCHS ambulances, transport equipment, and supplies on every shift.
- Performs and assists with assessment and vital signs with each patient contact.
- Promotes corporate compliance within the framework of the Code of Business and Ethical Conduct with each shift.
- Renders advanced life support to ill or injured patients in adherence with written protocols under the supervision of the medical control on every transport.
- Responsible for responding to requests for transport with all of LifeFlight's ground vehicles, record keeping, data entry, and clerical support as assigned.
- Responsible for ongoing development of the LifeFlight program by attending and participating in meetings, in-services, committees, and taking on and completing projects.
- Provides continuous supervision, observation of behavioral health patients, and adheres to non-violent crisis intervention strategies (CPI).
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- NREMT-P and /or Critical Care Course required.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Training as paramedic, medical corps preferred.
- PALS/ACLS instructors preferred.
- Available up to 2 hours prior to/after each scheduled shift.
- Able to take 12 hours on-call per week every week
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital CampusPrimary Location :
TRANSPORT TEAM-2100-780020Department :Job Status
:Full TimeAbout Nicklaus Children’s Health SystemNicklaus Children’s Health System, is the region’s only healthcare system exclusively for children. In addition to Nicklaus Children’s Hospital and a growing number of outpatient centers located throughout the tri-county area, the health system includes Nicklaus Children’s Hospital Foundation, the organization’s fundraising arm; Nicklaus Children's Pediatric Specialists, a nonprofit physician practice subsidiary; a management services organization, and an ambulatory surgery center. Our vision is to be where the children are. Ultimately, this means being there through all stages of health and life, both physically and emotionally. To be a trusted partner to children and their families, not only in times of illness, but throughout their life journey. Our mission is to inspire hope and promote lifelong health by providing the best care to every child.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18341626/paramedic-lifeflight-iLoading. Please wait.