Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1897 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Nicklaus Children’s Health System
Wilmington, DelawareFeatured! Featured! NEW! NEW!Benefis Health System
Great Falls, MontanaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Emory University School of Medicine
Decatur, GeorgiaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!UR Medicine - Department of Emergency Medicine
Rochester, New YorkNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Temple, TexasNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Poughkeepsie, New YorkNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Raleigh, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Shawnee Mission, KansasNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!Nemours
Wilmington, DelawareNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobSr Mgr Office Sponsored Programs (Full Time, Day Shift)Nicklaus Children’s Health SystemApplicationDetails
Location: Miami, Florida
Internal Number: 24302Description
Responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the Office of Sponsored Programs. Oversight of the pre-award, award, and post-award processes, clinical trial contracting and budget negotiation, clinical research billing/compliance, education, training, and ensuring compliance with all federal administrative requirements, costing principles, state regulations, grantor restrictions, and Health System fiscal policies. Responsible for the oversight of and reporting related to sponsored programs, including sponsored funds supporting research and programs at the Nicklaus Children's Health System ("NCHS") level. Works closely with the Executive Director and institutional stakeholders to develop and implement a strategic approach to organizational efforts to obtain external funding through grants, contracts, and other sources. Works closely with hospital finance departments (AP, Supply Chain, AR, etc.).
Job Specific Duties
- Oversees operations and staff of the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) and Research Administration.
- Manages pre-award, award, and post-award processes for grants and sponsored programs.
- Develops and maintains systems, processes and infrastructure for proposal development, submission, tracking, and reporting.
- Develops and analyzes reports for administration, investigators, program leaders, departments, and funding agencies.
- Assures staff are supporting and collaborating with investigators, program leaders, and departments to develop and submit proposals, including developing budgets according to funding guidelines, assuring research compliance, and research financial conflict of interest reporting.
- Oversees the review and on-time submission of proposals and assures accuracy and compliance with program announcement, Nicklaus Children’s Hospital (“Hospital”)/NCHS policies, and funding agency policies and regulations.
- Oversees preparation and maintenance of official grant files and assists Finance, Foundation, and/or the relevant department in the event of an audit of any sponsored program.
- Responds to inquiries and provides direct assistance to investigators, program leaders, and departments across NCHS.
- Designs, implements, and maintains a comprehensive education program on sponsored programs development, execution, and compliance.
- Provides resources and subject matter expertise to Finance regarding 2 CFR 200, federal cost accounting standards, federal & state agency policies, regulations, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), etc.
- Establishes job standards for subordinate staff and effectively evaluates staff under charge.
- Works closely with Finance to provide various sponsored funding financial reports, including federal and state funding supporting programs and research.
- Oversees and assists with the creation and negotiation of all agreements and budgets related to sponsored funding and/or research.
- Develops and oversees tracking system for awards and contracts. Provides reports to leadership and other key stakeholders on the status of negotiation and finalized.
- Works directly with General Counsel to provide expertise on sponsored program and research-related agreement terms, including drafting research-appropriate agreement templates.
- Oversees and assists team members responsible for accruing and realizing all revenue for the Research Institute and sponsored activities. Ensuring research billing compliance and invoicing in accordance with funding agency requirements.
- Works closely with the Foundation to establish a process for research and sponsored program account set up and fund code generation, as well as, invoicing. Ensures team compliance with processes and works with the Foundation to update processes, timely invoicing, and fund draw down is occurring.
- Assists Research Institute leadership with study risk assessment and determination of potential margin. Reviews and approves applications to conduct research based on assessment. Works closely with Research Institute leadership to prioritize OSP team’s work queue based on a variety of factors.
- Leads evaluation of potential business opportunities for OSP and the Research Institute in collaboration with Research Institute leadership.
- Collaborates with Research Institute leaders to develop and maintain relevant systems and databases to support clinical research activities, including a clinical trials management system and electronic health record integration.
- Develops and monitors metrics for Office of Sponsored Programs and Research Administration staff.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree Biomedical Field or Business Management
- 7-10 years of experience in sponsored programs administration
- 7-10 years of experience working in healthcare or academic medical center
- 7-10 years of experience negotiating clinical trial agreements and awards from extramural sponsors
- 3-5 years of experience in management of interdisciplinary teams
- 3-5 years of experience in clinical research setting
- Experience in pre- and post-award activity
- Experienced with database management tools and protocol submission and tracking software
- Experienced in negotiating terms of sponsored-programs related agreements including confidentiality agreements, data use agreements, and clinical trial agreements
- Experienced with database management tools, protocol submission, and tracking software
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- JD, MBA, or other advanced degree preferred.
- Certified Research Administrator (CRA) certification preferred.
- Familiarity with Florida State grants preferred.
- Knowledgeable regarding issues of research compliance and clinical research billing practices.
- Knowledgeable of federal agency practices, regulations, and policies.
- Ability to lead interdisciplinary team and drive business results.
- Ability to work effectively, collaboratively, and diplomatically with investigators, program leaders, and offices of senior level administration including finance, compliance, procurement, and other administrators.
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and reach out to various stakeholders.
- Understanding of federal regulations and agency guidelines for grants management and sponsored research including CMS, HRSA, NIH NSF, and DoD.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200), federal cost accounting standards, federal and state agency policies and regulations, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), etc.
- Ability to work with program officers at state and federal agencies and act as effective liaison between faculty and funding agencies.
- Ability to build and manage budgets effectively.
- Capability of producing creative and innovative solutions and approaches to common problems.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proficient with software applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to synthesize financial information and provide concise, high level updates to key stakeholders regarding sponsored accounts, including explanation of variances as needed.
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital CampusPrimary Location :
OFFICE OF SPONSORED PROGRAMS-2100-310950Department :Job Status
:Full TimeAbout Nicklaus Children’s Health SystemNicklaus Children’s Health System, is the region’s only healthcare system exclusively for children. In addition to Nicklaus Children’s Hospital and a growing number of outpatient centers located throughout the tri-county area, the health system includes Nicklaus Children’s Hospital Foundation, the organization’s fundraising arm; Nicklaus Children's Pediatric Specialists, a nonprofit physician practice subsidiary; a management services organization, and an ambulatory surgery center. Our vision is to be where the children are. Ultimately, this means being there through all stages of health and life, both physically and emotionally. To be a trusted partner to children and their families, not only in times of illness, but throughout their life journey. Our mission is to inspire hope and promote lifelong health by providing the best care to every child.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18341602/sr-mgr-office-sponsored-programs-full-time-day-shiftLoading. Please wait.