Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1544 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Sebring, FloridaNEW! NEW!Yuma Regional Medical Center
Yuma, ArizonaNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Hamilton, OhioNEW! NEW!Nicklaus Children’s Health System
Miami, FloridaNEW! NEW!UNM Hospital
Albuquerque, New MexicoNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Daytona Beach, FloridaNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Brentwood, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Nemours
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Tampa, FloridaNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Tampa, FloridaNEW! NEW!Sparrow Herbert-Herman Cancer Center
Lansing, MichiganNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Tampa, FloridaNEW! NEW!B.E. Smith in partner with Sheppard Pratt Health System
Baltimore, MarylandNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Valhalla, New YorkNEW! NEW!Oregon Health & Science University
Portland, OregonNEW! NEW!Memorial Healthcare System
Hollywood, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth Redmond
Rome, GeorgiaNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobPhysician Assistant - NeurologyNicklaus Children’s Health SystemApplicationDetails
Location: Miami, Florida
Internal Number: 23965Description
Functions independently within the delegated parameters delineated by their supervising Physician. Duties considered as minimal for applicants include: the ability to ascertain a thorough patient history and physical examination; order and interpret radiological and laboratory test results; treat minor injury; make a diagnosis; instruct and counsel patient and family; prescribe medications; order and carry out therapy and management plans; document patient care services within charts and departmental records; and, when within their scope of practice, perform surgical procedures.
Job Specific Duties
- Contribute to Physician’s effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary in pertinent deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; and implementing physician directives.
- Counsel and educate patients and their families.
- Create and sustain a therapeutic and ethically sound relationship with patients.
- Differentiates between the normal and the abnormal in anatomic, physiological, laboratory findings and other diagnostic data.
- Initiate emergency resuscitation and stabilization as necessary and complies with hospital safety regulations and infection control.
- Manage general medical and surgical conditions to include understanding the indications, contraindications, side effects, interactions and adverse reactions of pharmacologic agents and other relevant treatment modalities.
- Orders, alters, or adjusts controlled and non- controlled medications for in hospital patients.
- Participate in performance improvement activities, quality of care initiatives and research of special projects.
- Perform procedures as identified in delineation of privileges.
- Prescribes non-controlled medication for patients.
- Assess patient health by interviewing patients; performing a physical examination; ordering pertinent lab and radiology; and obtaining, and updating medical records.
- Work effectively with physicians and other health care professionals as a member or leader of a health care team or other professional group.
Minimum Job Requirements
- American Heart Association BLS American Heart Association (AHA) BLS - must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- American Heart Association PALS American Heart Association (AHA) PALS - must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- Physician Assistant Licensure issued by the State of Florida
- Level II Background Check
- Certification by the National Certification Commission of Physician Assistants
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Competent bedside manners.
- Continuing Medical Education maintained to specifications of AAPA.
- Dedication to the needs of the patient including protecting confidential data.
- Thoroughness in completing tasks and documentation.
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital CampusPrimary Location :
NCPS-NEUROLOGY-3100-440750Department :Job Status
:Full TimeAbout Nicklaus Children’s Health SystemNicklaus Children’s Health System, is the region’s only healthcare system exclusively for children. In addition to Nicklaus Children’s Hospital and a growing number of outpatient centers located throughout the tri-county area, the health system includes Nicklaus Children’s Hospital Foundation, the organization’s fundraising arm; Nicklaus Children's Pediatric Specialists, a nonprofit physician practice subsidiary; a management services organization, and an ambulatory surgery center. Our vision is to be where the children are. Ultimately, this means being there through all stages of health and life, both physically and emotionally. To be a trusted partner to children and their families, not only in times of illness, but throughout their life journey. Our mission is to inspire hope and promote lifelong health by providing the best care to every child.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18341596/physician-assistant-neurologyLoading. Please wait.