Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1952 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Nicklaus Children’s Health System
Miami, FloridaAtlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Akron Children's Hospital
Akron, OhioNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Akron Children's Hospital
Akron, OhioNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Sonic Healthcare USA
Chattanooga, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Daytona Beach, FloridaNEW! NEW!Sonic Healthcare USA
Nashville, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Beebe Healthcare
Lewes, DelawareNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Longview, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Maitland, FloridaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Celebration, FloridaNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Valhalla, New YorkNEW! NEW!ChristianaCare Health System
Elkton, MarylandNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Brentwood, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobClinical Pharmacy Specialist PICU (Full Time, Flex Shift)Nicklaus Children’s Health SystemApplicationDetails
Location: Miami, Florida
Internal Number: 24167Description
Serves an active role in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) service providing patient care recommendations on pharmacotherapy, assessing drug interactions, drug dosages, comprehensive cost-effective guideline-directed medical therapies, as well as optimizing concomitant medications to improve patient outcomes and minimize risk for adverse events according to hospital policies, professional standards of practice, and State and Federal laws. Works with a team of experts optimizing drug therapy outcomes for patients in the PICU through evidence based, patient-centered medication therapy and participation in interdisciplinary medical team rounds. Participates in training and educating pharmacy students, pharmacy and medical residents, intensive care unit fellows, and attending physicians on evidence-based pharmacotherapy relating to pediatric critical care. Provides clinical support for pharmacists, technicians, hospital and medical staff, and any other areas as assigned. Responsible for monitoring the order writing, dispensing, and administration of medications in the PICU.Qualifications
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy (from an ACPE accredited college of pharmacy preferred)
- American Heart Association BLS - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- Pharmacist State of Florida license - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- Two-years of clinical hospital pharmacy experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High degree of specialized knowledge and/or completion of an ASHP-accredited residency program or advanced training in pediatrics highly preferred
- Knowledge to manage pediatric critically ill patients and associated conditions, treatment options, pharmacology, and pharmacokinetics
- Previous experience with hospital pharmacy information systems and automation highly preferred
- Able to provide patient/parent counseling in medication use and administration
- Ability to apply knowledge to assess patient care conditions and evaluate patient's response to medication therapy regimens
- Ability to assess patient care conditions and evaluate patient response to medication therapy regimens
- Ability to communicate and present information effectively in both oral and written form with all levels of hospital personnel and all patient groups
- Ability to provide patient/parent counseling in medication use and administration
- Ability to comprehend and analyze information
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision making
- Ability to operate equipment and pharmacy information systems
- Ability to problem solve and think analytically
- Ability to provide supervisory oversight for technical staff related to medication preparation and dispensing
- Ability to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, co-workers, clinical/medical staff, and interdisciplinary teams
Job Specific Duties
- Achieves cost savings targets and actively contributes to the pharmacy department pharmacoeconomic efforts and formulary management. Assists department leadership with maintaining budget targets.
- Actively participates in clinical pharmacy program and services, and acts as a consultant in areas of expertise.
- Advances the profession through publication/presentations at local, state, or national meetings and providing community education.
- Attends and actively contributes to daily patient care rounds, clinical services meetings, hospital committees, task forces and projects as assigned.
- Coordinates, educates, and maintains investigational drug study activity specific to area of practice and dispenses investigational drugs where needed.
- Develops and implements clinical competency and education modules for Staff Clinical Pharmacists.
- Participates in training and educating pharmacy students, pharmacy residents, and medical residents on cardiac disease states and relevant evidence-based pharmacotherapy.
- Documents quality activities to achieve established metrics to meet standards of DNV-GL accreditation, state/federal requirement, including but not limited to, interventions, contraindications, etc.
- Executes established policies, procedures, & protocols to ensure safe, appropriate, cost-effective medication therapies for patients. Recommends therapeutic alternatives to medical staff as needed.
- Prepares and collects data for MUE's, drug monographs for the P&T, and special projects assigned by Clinical Manager.
- Maintains appropriate records and documentation pertaining to patient care activities.
- Provides drug information through in-service education & daily support for pharmacy staff, hospital clinical staff, medical residents, physicians, and consultation with patients and families.
- Reviews patient's pharmacotherapy using the hospital information system and the pharmacy computer system to ensure that the medications are appropriate in terms of dose, dosage form, frequency, etc.
- Communicates with prescribers and nurses to recommend alternatives for inappropriate therapy or substitutes for non-formulary items.
- Participates in code response for patients on designated unit.
- Supports the Pharmacy Department services by recommending changes and corrections in the ordering of the parenteral.
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital CampusPrimary Location :
PHARMACY-2100-730000Department :Job Status
:Full TimeAbout Nicklaus Children’s Health SystemNicklaus Children’s Health System, is the region’s only healthcare system exclusively for children. In addition to Nicklaus Children’s Hospital and a growing number of outpatient centers located throughout the tri-county area, the health system includes Nicklaus Children’s Hospital Foundation, the organization’s fundraising arm; Nicklaus Children's Pediatric Specialists, a nonprofit physician practice subsidiary; a management services organization, and an ambulatory surgery center. Our vision is to be where the children are. Ultimately, this means being there through all stages of health and life, both physically and emotionally. To be a trusted partner to children and their families, not only in times of illness, but throughout their life journey. Our mission is to inspire hope and promote lifelong health by providing the best care to every child.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18341562/clinical-pharmacy-specialist-picu-full-time-flex-shiftLoading. Please wait.