Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1666 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!The Joint Commission
UNAVAILABLE,NEW! NEW!Akron Children's Hospital
Akron, OhioNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Akron Children's Hospital
Akron, OhioNEW! NEW!Arkansas Children's Hospital
Little Rock, ArkansasFeatured! Featured! NEW! NEW!Sonic Healthcare USA
Chattanooga, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Daytona Beach, FloridaNEW! NEW!Sonic Healthcare USA
Nashville, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Beebe Healthcare
Lewes, DelawareNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Longview, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Maitland, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Celebration, FloridaNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Valhalla, New YorkNEW! NEW!ChristianaCare Health System
Elkton, MarylandNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Brentwood, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobDirector, Accounting & Assistant ControllerMary Washington HealthcareApplicationDetails
Location: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Internal Number: R-8445
Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
This position is accountable to manage the general accounting functions within Mary Washington Healthcare (MWHC), including, but not limited to: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Non-Patient Accounts Receivable, Fixed Asset Budgeting and Management, and Payroll. This position is also accountable for providing timely and accurate financial reporting and tax filings and provides oversight of the audit process. The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Directs the hiring, training and supervision of Associates. Conducts performance appraisals and coaches Associates.
- Directs and oversees the preparation, compilation, and presentation of financial reports to ensure accurate and timely presentation of the corporate financial position in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Develops, monitors and updates internal controls to support accurate reporting and safeguarding of corporate assets.
- Collaborates in the development of financial strategic priorities; executes related operational plans.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates the year-end close and audit process with internal and external auditors.
- Oversees and coordinates the preparation of all tax and regulatory filings.
- Develops, maintains and monitors adherence to accounting policies and procedures. Facilitates education of staff and customers.
- Analyzes the financial statements of all MWHC entities, identifying and explaining significant variances, issues or transactions.
- Oversees the capital budgeting and capital management processes.
- Oversees maintenance of the financial information system to ensure consolidated reporting in accordance with the corporate structure and GAAP.
- Participates in Continuing Professional Education in order to keep abreast of current accounting practices and pronouncements.
- Develops and manages departmental budget and operational plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree or CPA or CMA designation required.
- A minimum of ten years of Accounting experience required.
- A minimum of five years of management/supervisory experience required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles required.
- Strong communication, organizational, technology and leadership skills required.
- A minimum of two (2) years healthcare related experience preferred.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.About Mary Washington HealthcareA Not-for-Profit Regional Healthcare System Dedicated to Excellence. From our humble beginnings in Fredericksburg, Virginia as an eight-room hospital to our modern not-for-profit regional system, Mary Washington Healthcare has seen enormous growth and development in the past 100 years. Today, we are made up of two hospitals and 28 healthcare facilities and wellness services. Community leaders volunteer on our Board of Trustees in order to guide the continued growth and direction of our health care system.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18341077/director-accounting-assistant-controllerLoading. Please wait.