Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 117 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Waco, TexasNEW! NEW!Clark County, Washington
Vancouver, WashingtonNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Manchester, KentuckyNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Davenport, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Tarpon Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Land O' Lakes, FloridaNEW! NEW!Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
MichiganNEW! NEW!Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
MissouriNEW! NEW!Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
VirginiaNEW! NEW!Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNicklaus Children’s Health System
Miami, FloridaLoading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobInfection Preventionist Non-CertifiedFoundation Health PartnersApplicationDetails
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Internal Number: 10895
This position assists in the activities of the infection control program for all departments throughout the organization including surveillance, infection prevention and control measures and education for employees.
*Hiring Bonus, Relocation Assistance and Temporary Housing Assistance available for experienced Infection Preventionist!
About Fairbanks Memorial Hospital
Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is a non-profit facility owned by the Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital Foundation. A Joint Commission-accredited facility with 152 licensed beds, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is the primary referral center for residents of Alaska's interior with a strong patient-to-nurse ratio and Shared Leadership Infrastructure. In addition to our exceptional clinical environment, our location offers incomparable lifestyle rewards away from work. In Fairbanks, small-town living, spectacular natural beauty and endless recreation combine to create a one-of-a-kind place to live, work and play.
40 hours per week
8 hour shifts
On Call Required (Rotating Schedule)
*RN Degree Highly Preferred
*Two years clinical experience in a hospital setting or disease surveillance experience in a public health setting highly preferred.
*Requires a degree or equivalent in nursing or other related healthcare field.
- Conducts focused surveillance for healthcare-associated infections (HAIs), detects and records HAIs on a systematic and current basis, analyzes HAIs and prepares reports for the Infection Control Committee. Reports communicable diseases as required by regulation.
- Makes recommendations when problems are identified. Interprets department policies and procedures in conjunction with the Manager.
- Interacts with physicians, nurses, department managers, supervisors, and other professional and nonprofessional staff members as a consultant.
- Enters data into computer, prepares reports, conducts analytical studies and summarizes surveillance data.
- Initiates epidemiological investigations of significant clusters of infections and single cases of unusual infection.
- Assists with continuing infection control education and in-service programs to departments, including orientation for new employees.
- Assists with evaluation of hospital policies, procedures and guidelines as they relate to infection control. Assists in writing and revising infection control policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations regarding construction, renovation, environmental rounds, and assures compliance with national and/or professional standards.
- Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Foundation Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
- Requires a degree in nursing or healthcare field. Basic infection control education required.
- Requires creative thinking, prioritizing, and flexible problem-solving skills. Also requires the ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written forms.
- Eligibility to sit for Certification in Infection Control (CIC) certification.
- Two (2) years' clinical experience in healthcare setting preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license preferred and/or Master's in public health (MPH) preferred.
- Current CIC Certification preferred.
- Computer skills, research and basic statistical knowledge preferred.
- Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Foundation Health Partners is an EEO/AAP employer; qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.Community owned and operated, the employees of Tanana Valley Clinic, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital and Denali Center feel a great responsibility towards our patients, our community and each other. People First. We are dedicated to the delivery of compassionate health care. We believe in kindness and courtesy to every patient, every visitor, every employee, every person, every time. It takes a tremendous variety of strengths to meet the health care needs of our unique community. We offer a wide range of careers – nursing, finance, housekeeping, culinary, engineering, information technology radiology, pharmacy, rehab therapies and more. As the largest private employer in the Interior, Foundation Health Partners employs some of the brightest, most compassionate people in Fairbanks. If you want to make a difference, if you want to work with great people and if you want to earn competitive benefits, become an employee of Foundation Health Partners. Foundation Health Partners is an EEO/AAP employer; qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18340743/infection-preventionist-non-certifiedLoading. Please wait.