Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1806 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.The Joint Commission
UNAVAILABLE,NEW! NEW!Akron Children's Hospital
Akron, OhioNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Akron Children's Hospital
Akron, OhioNEW! NEW!Sonic Healthcare USA
Chattanooga, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Daytona Beach, FloridaNEW! NEW!Sonic Healthcare USA
Nashville, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Beebe Healthcare
Lewes, DelawareNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Longview, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Maitland, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Celebration, FloridaNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Valhalla, New YorkNEW! NEW!ChristianaCare Health System
Elkton, MarylandNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Brentwood, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobBig Data Application Developer (**REMOTE AVAILABLE**)Vanderbilt HealthApplicationDetails
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2300796Big Data Application Developer (**REMOTE AVAILABLE**)-2300796
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: TN-Nashville-2525 West End Ave
Organization: VICTR 104242Shift: DaysDescription
The Wells lab is seeking a Big Data Application Developer to join the team. We are working on harmonizing the uniquely valuable data coming from various sources across VUMC's network of Cardiovascular programs and centralizing them into a single data platform that will serve both clinical and research needs. We are looking for someone who is interested in building testable, durable systems and who is excited to work on a dynamic team where members tackle problems on many levels of the stack. This is your chance to use your technical skills to improve the state of care for patients across VUMC as well as empower researchers to model and understand the progression and treatment of cardiovascular disease. You will be working with various stakeholders to understand the nature and utility of their specialized program data, creating pipelines to extract and transform these data, and loading them into a central platform that you will help design and configure.
- Develops or modifies software.
- Ensures appropriate documentation for all development and modification.
- Ensures integrity and security of institutional data.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
- SQL (Postgres, spark)
- Python (pandas, pyspark)
- Version control (git, gitlab)
- DevOps (Gitlab CI/CD, RHEL, Docker)
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT (INTERMEDIATE):
- Demonstrates proficiency in programming and other development tasks independently for moderate to difficult applications. Able to conduct all necessary tasks and activities required during the applications development phase and able to contribute meaningfully to the process of full system implementation. Able to successfully debug complex issues.
APPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT STANDARDS AND PROCEDURES (NOVICE):
- Possesses sufficient proficiency in modern applications development standards and procedures for practical applications of moderate difficulty. Is attentive to existing application development standards and procedures and may recommend improvements to existing applications development standards and procedures within the work area.
APPLICATIONS SYSTEM DESIGN - (NOVICE):
- Demonstrates the ability to conduct systems design tasks in a team environment or independently to build or enhance a simple system. Has conducted the basic phases of systems design including preparing design and file specifications, preparing testing, conversion, and implementation plans, designing system architecture and process flows, and preparing program requirements and specifications. Creatively generates multiple potential solutions. In terms of structured systems design, if applicable, has participated in the structured design of one or more conventional data processing systems as a member of a project team. Is familiar with standard methods for functional decomposition. Has participated in structured design walk-throughs.
APPLICATIONS SYSTEM ANALYSIS (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):
- Has some training in or light exposure to basic systems analysis tasks. Participated in one or more systems analysis tasks such as: collection of documents, user interviews, file analysis, process flow charting, functional process modeling, data modeling, feasibility, prototyping, and evaluating existing systems. Able to analyze information and verify its completeness.
About the Department:
The Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical & Translational Research (VICTR) is Vanderbilt's virtual home for clinical and translational research. Supported by Vanderbilt University Medical Center's Office of Research and the NIH-sponsored Clinical and Translational Service Award (CTSA), the mission of the institute is to transform the way ideas and research discoveries make their way from origin to patient care. VICTR functions to help researchers and clinicians do their jobs better by providing tools and support to improve the quality of research, publications, grant writing, and training for future doctors and researchers.
Position Shift: Days
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
- Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
- Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
- The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
- Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
- National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
- Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/DisabledBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 2 years relevant experience
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
Environmental ConditionsAbout Vanderbilt HealthVanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.Show moreShow lessMore Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18338856/big-data-application-developer-remote-availableLoading. Please wait.