Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1406 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Centura Health
Centennial, ColoradoNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Round Rock, TexasNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Nicklaus Children’s Health System
Miami, FloridaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!MultiCare Health System
Remote, WashingtonNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Montebello, New YorkNEW! NEW!Nicklaus Children’s Health System
Miami, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Burbank, CaliforniaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Beebe Healthcare
Lewes, DelawareNEW! NEW!Benefis Health System
Great Falls, MontanaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Tampa, FloridaNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Jonesborough, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobSenior Accountant (Finance Federal Grants) 100% REMOTEVanderbilt HealthApplicationDetails
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2302463Senior Accountant (Finance Federal Grants) 100% REMOTE -2302463
Job: Accounting and Finance
Primary Location: TN-Nashville-Green Hills Office Building
Organization: Finance-Grants 108512Shift: First ShiftDescription
Senior Accountant (Finance Federal Grants) - 100% REMOTE
Analyzes and reviews financial data, prepares financial statements and reports requiring advanced application and use of concepts, theories, principles, practices, regulations, and terminology of accounting, independently. Applies applicable regulations, policies and procedures.
- Evaluates and recommends improvements in accounting system procedures to ensure accurate application of accounting principles.
- Analyzes, reviews and presents information and summary reports.
- Approves and verifies transactions and reconciles highly complex transactions and accounts. Prepares complex journal and closing entries as well as general ledger accounts.
- Formats, designs, and prepares moderate to complex financial reports and schedules.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
ACCOUNTING REPORTING (ADVANCED):- Knowledge of the general financial accounting practices and principles. Able to analyze and interpret financial statements as well as develop reports and present them in a comprehensive and intelligent manner.
PROBLEM SOLVING (ADVANCED):- Uses critical thinking and process improvement i.e. coaches and mentors development of problem statement, describes current state, identifies root causes, creates future state, coaches and mentors development of solutions and action plans with a sustainability plan. Applies appropriate tools to address issues.
REGULATORY COMPLIANCE (ADVANCED):- Demonstrates knowledge of the appropriate rules and regulations and apply them in difficult, stressful and complex situations. Able to interpret and explain rules and regulations that are ambiguous or unclear. Directs others in interpreting rules and regulations on the job and trains others in them.
COMMUNICATION (INTERMEDIATE):- Clearly, effectively and respectfully communicates to employees or customers.
PEER LEADERSHIP (NOVICE):- The ability to show leadership and influence people of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals.
- Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
- Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P3):
- - Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- - Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P3):
- - Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- - Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P3):
- - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P3):
- - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- - Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P3):
- - Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- - Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- - Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 4 years relevant experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Occasional: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
- Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
Environmental ConditionsAbout Vanderbilt HealthVanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.Show moreShow lessMore Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18338853/senior-accountant-finance-federal-grants-100-remoteLoading. Please wait.