Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 2051 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaAtlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!The Joint Commission
UNAVAILABLE,NEW! NEW!Akron Children's Hospital
Akron, OhioNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Akron Children's Hospital
Akron, OhioNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Sonic Healthcare USA
Chattanooga, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Daytona Beach, FloridaNEW! NEW!Sonic Healthcare USA
Nashville, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Beebe Healthcare
Lewes, DelawareNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Longview, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Maitland, FloridaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Celebration, FloridaNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Valhalla, New YorkNEW! NEW!ChristianaCare Health System
Elkton, MarylandNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Brentwood, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobNurse Manager, Operations Emergency Department - Duke Regional HospitalDuke University Health SystemApplicationDetails
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Internal Number: 228250
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital areconsistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance (based on eligibility)
Nurse Manager, Operations
Duke Regional Hospital - Emergency Department
*****Sign On Bonus of $15,000 if qualified
******Relocation Allowance of up to $8,000 if qualified
The Emergency Department at Duke Regional Hospital is a community based hospital with a total of 79 beds (49 bed medical ED unit serving the adult population (transfer pediatric once stable) with an additional 12 bed observation unit and 18 bed behavioral health unit. Our team is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time.
- Manage and coordinate patient care and personnel needs.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate ambulatory health care services, programs and activities.
- Work Performed-manage multi-specialty nursing services delivered within a specific described herein, patients, and staff.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work resolution clinic.
- Manage various personnel actions including, but not limited to hiring, orientation, performance appraisals, promotions and scheduling; and counsel and conduct formal discipline of clinical
- Collaborate in the development, implementation, and expansion of learning opportunities and skill development for all.
- Analyze, develop and maintain an effective and efficient nursing care delivery system that reflects patient and family needs across the continuum; achieving desired outcomes.
- Promote education for patients, patient families, and the community; participate in direct patient care activities as a targeted strategy for role modeling or information gathering.
- Collaborate with nursing colleagues in ambulatory care to promote optimal utilization of nursing resources among the various clinics.
- Identify clinical operational needs; manage the appropriate level of equipment and supplies and monitors equipment maintenance.
- Assess the environment and make recommendations to ensure optimal patient comfort, safety and compliance with various regulatory bodies (OSHA, JCAHO, etc.).
- Collaborate with Health Center Administrator/Nurse Manager in determining the fiscal requirements of the specific unit; submit budgetary recommendations, including necessary nursing personnel and patient care materials necessary for the provision of care.
- Cultivate exemplary customer service throughout the organization; promote effective communication skills to include, but not limited to problem-solving, assertiveness, and support for team members, feedback, active listening and conflict Develop and implement processes to enhance clinic operations and practices for ongoing quality improvement.
- Develop, document, implement and monitor written policies and procedures reflective of the ambulatory health care site mission settlement and objectives.
- Manage specific clinic in the absence of HealthCare Administrator/Practice Manager; and be available on-call for emergencies involving the facility, staff members.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Clinical Quality Management and Service management skills
- Orientation, Accountability, Planning, prioritization, and time
- Problem-solving and innovation
- Initiative financial savvy
- Active Listening, effective communication; identifying and recruiting top talent
- Develop and retain talent
- Showing support- teambuilding, conflict prevention, and management
- Motivating and influencing managing vision and purpose
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements including North Carolina Nurse Practice Act Level Characteristics
Education-Bachelor's degree in Nursing is required. A Master's degree in Nursing is strongly preferred.
Experience-Three years of nursing experience is required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
- Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina. BCLS certification required
- Nurses hired into leadership positions must obtain a leadership certification within three months of hire
- New nurse leaders who are ineligible to sit for an exam because they have not been working in a leadership role for the minimum amount of time required must complete their certification within three months of becoming eligible
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.As a world-class academic and health care system, Duke Health strives to transform medicine and health locally and globally through innovative scientific research, rapid translation of breakthrough discoveries, educating future clinical and scientific leaders, advocating and practicing evidence-based medicine to improve community health, and leading efforts to eliminate health inequalities.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18338275/nurse-manager-operations-emergency-department-duke-regional-hospitalLoading. Please wait.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005