Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1307 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Akron Children's Hospital
Akron, OhioNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Akron Children's Hospital
Akron, OhioNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Daytona Beach, FloridaNEW! NEW!Beebe Healthcare
Lewes, DelawareNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Longview, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Maitland, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Celebration, FloridaNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Valhalla, New YorkNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Brentwood, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Beebe Healthcare
Lewes, DelawareNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Galveston, TexasNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Killeen, TexasNEW! NEW!ChristianaCare Health System
Newark, DelawareNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Overland Park, KansasNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Killeen, TexasNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Benefis Health System
Great Falls, MontanaNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Killeen, TexasNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.ApplicationDetails
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2302769Senior Data Engineer (Remote Available)-2302769
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: TN-Nashville-3401 West End Ave
Organization: HealthIT Data Platform Svcs 108663Shift: DaysDescription
The Data Platform Services team is seeking an experienced Data Engineer with an inquisitive and analytical mindset to join our team. In your role, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and optimizing our cloud-based data infrastructure, as well as designing and implementing efficient data extraction and ingestion processes. You will also be responsible for working with stakeholders to identify data needs, investigating opportunities to improve platform scalability, building generic solutions for patterned problems, and ensuring data accuracy and integrity.
- Develop and maintain our cloud-based data architecture, ensuring it is scalable, efficient, and secure
- Continuously improve data infrastructure and processes to support our growing data footprint
- Build and support monitoring and alerting processes to ensure uptime of infrastructure
- Utilize automated testing tools to maintain data and infrastructure integrity
- Participate in code review sessions for merge requests and assist in mentoring developers in best development practices
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4+ years C# and/or Python in an OOP paradigm experience
- 2+ years with SQL experience
- 2+ years implementing cloud solutions with Azure, AWS, or GCP
- 2+ years with containerization with Docker or Podman
- 2+ years with CI/CD automation in GitLab, GitHub, or Azure DevOps
- Experience with REST data services, APIs, and microservices
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code solutions using Terraform, Bicep, or ARM
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Databricks or Apache Spark
- Experience with PowerShell and/or Bash
- GitHub profile link to some personal code examples
- Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes available resources to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution and document the findings.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
- Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
About the Department:
HealthIT provides the best health information technology tools that support Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of:
- Delivering distinctively personalized care
- Improving the health care of individuals and communities regionally, nationally and internationally
- Providing transformative learning programs
- Supporting compelling discoveries
Our tools, which form the digital arteries of VUMC, are either developed in-house by our innovative product teams or selected from the most cutting-edge solutions available in today's ever-changing marketplace. Our 500 colleagues provide ongoing support over each product's entire lifespan, ensuring that the tools are meeting the evolving needs of the Medical Center's 24,000 colleagues.
Our solutions are driven by the incredible work and research of our colleagues throughout Vanderbilt and supported through a close partnership with VUMC Information Technology (VUMC IT). The strong collaboration among our teams means that VUMC can respond to clinical and operational issues with agility and innovation. Together, we ensure VUMC remains a leader in its pioneering use of healthcare information technology.
Underscoring our entire department are our core values of accountability, transparency and execution, delivered with a strong Partner Promise.
Position Shift: Days
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
- Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
- Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
- The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
- Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
- National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
- Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/DisabledBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- 5 years relevant experience
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
Environmental ConditionsAbout Vanderbilt HealthVanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.Show moreShow lessMore Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18334613/senior-data-engineer-remote-availableLoading. Please wait.