Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1539 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Benefis Health System
Great Falls, MontanaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!UR Medicine - Department of Emergency Medicine
Rochester, New YorkNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Temple, TexasNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Poughkeepsie, New YorkNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Raleigh, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Shawnee Mission, KansasNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!Nemours
Wilmington, DelawareNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Tampa, FloridaNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobCoordinator, MD Pathway ProgramsUniversity of Nevada, RenoApplicationDetails
Location: Reno, Nevada
Type: Full Time
Sector:College / University
Required Education:4 Year Degree
Internal Number: 4007076
Coordinator, MD Pathway Programs
Medicine, Reno - University of Nevada School of Medicine
The University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. Final applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment.
If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact our recruitment helpline at (775) 784-1495 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For UNR Med professional job postings, please contact the Office of Professional Recruitment at (775) 784-6778.
The University of Nevada, Reno is seeking a Coordinator to manage the School of Medicine's MD Pathway Programs. These structured programs expose pre-med students to the medical profession, provide learning support and academic advising, and educational programming on how to successfully navigate the medical school application process. The Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day operations and budget for four pre-medical pathway programs, for curriculum development, student handbook updates, and for designing and teaching courses and workshops to meet each program's learning objectives, including the facilitation of an upper-division thesis course.
The Coordinator reports to the Director of Admissions and collaborates with several departments on the undergraduate campus to deliver the curriculum, partners with the School of Medicine's student affairs team to deliver student services and academic support, and provides support in the recruitment and admission processes for each program.
With a focus on preparing students to matriculate to medical school, especially those who have experienced prior academic challenges or obstacles, or who have had limited access to role models, the ideal candidate will be able to create a positive, supportive environment and programming that addresses gaps in professional or academic development and that provides mentorship and guidance to students from groups underrepresented in medicine and from communities that are medically underserved.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and administer existing and future educational programs that prepare prospective students to apply and/or matriculate into medical school
- Supervise the delivery of advising and educational programming to students admitted to pathway programs
- Track data that allows for outcomes to be measured
- Deliver annual reports on the success of pathway students during the program as well as their success after medical school matriculation
- Identify and engage in continuous quality improvement of UNR Med's pathway programs
- In collaboration with department faculty and staff:
- Develop educational programming and recruitment events to support prospective students in navigating the admission process to pathway programs and medical school
- Coordinate the development, processing, verification, interviews, and review of pathway program applicants
- Supervise a learning specialist and deliver advising and academic support to pathway program students.
- The position may be assigned as instructor of record for one or more courses; instructional work is in-load.
- This position is responsible for curriculum development and delivery of courses and workshops to meet program objectives and are assigned as instructor of record for one or more courses: instructional workload is in-load.
The ideal candidate will have a record of managing student-focused programs and a background that has prepared them to deliver learning objectives that encompass both academic and professional development. We seek an innovative and creative thinker to build new offerings and to bring creative ideas for expanding existing programs while demonstrating the ability to adapt to an evolving educational landscape. Communication and collaboration skills are essential; this role must provide supportive, clear delivery of information to students and staff; solicit feedback from diverse stakeholder groups and partners; develop the strengths of their team; and increase visibility among prospective donors and leadership. Candidates will have a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with a high level of attention to detail; excellent organizational skills; and ability to manage and report on data to drive decisions and document outcomes. Passion for serving diverse student populations in alignment with UNR Med's mission and values is a must.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of related work experience OR
Master's Degree and 2 years of related work experience
Relevant Experience: program development and student affairs with an emphasis on outreach and recruitment.
Experience working with and advising students
Coaching diverse student populations
To view the salary schedule for this position, please visit: Salary Schedules and select Administrative Faculty by Grade. Salary is competitive and commensurate with related education and experience
The total compensation package includes a competitive salary, moving allowance (if applicable), a rich retirement plan, health insurance options that include dental and vision, life insurance, thirty (30) days of sick leave provided upon start date and two (2) days of sick leave accrued per full month after the first year of service, two (2) days of annual leave accrued each full month, along with many other benefits. Additionally, there is a grant-in-aid educational benefit for faculty and dependents. For more information, please visit: UNR Benefits
Faculty Dual Career Assistance Program
The University of Nevada, Reno recognizes the importance of addressing dual-career couples' professional needs. We offer a dual career assistance program to newly hired faculty spouses/partners that provides resources and assists them to identify career opportunities in Northern Nevada. Dual Career Assistance Program
For more information about the School of Medicine, please visit https://med.unr.edu/
For more information about the Office of Admissions, please visit https://med.unr.edu/admissions
2) Letters of Application (Cover letter)
3) Three professional references (include name, title, company/organization, email address, phone number)
4) One-page personal diversity statement: Fostering a diverse and inclusive environment is one of the core missions of UNR Med. We recognize that diversity promotes excellence in education, research, service, and health care. As we train future providers to care for, and researchers to address the needs of, an increasingly diverse patient population, we value developing a leadership team and faculty body that reflect and honor the diversity of the world in which we live. Through a school-wide process, UNR Med has selected specific mission-based diversity groups, including individuals who are underrepresented in medicine and those who identify as first generation, rural, or from low income backgrounds. When faculty bring a range of their personal and professional experiences to UNR Med, this diversity enriches the learning experiences of our students, expands the breadth and impact of research inquiries, and assists the members of our community in breaking down stereotypical thinking and personal biases and become more comfortable with the scope of human experiences beyond our own. Given the value UNR Med places on diversity, equity and inclusion, we ask that you submit a one-page personal diversity statement outlining your thoughts on each of the following:
- Describe your beliefs in regard to how diversity can advance the missions of a medical school (please provide specific examples);
- Explain your professional background and experiences in contributing toward a climate of diversity, equity and inclusion at a previous institution or organization (such as how you have come to understand the history of historically marginalized communities in the United States; how you have ensured inclusivity in your classroom or other teaching; programs you have developed in the area of diversity; mentoring of diverse students, faculty, and staff; how you have addressed diversity issues such as health care disparities in your research or teaching; service work that promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; and/or how you have promoted an environment where diversity is welcomed and fostered); and
- Delineate how your background and experiences would qualify you to advance UNR Med's mission of diversity, equity and inclusion in the position for which you are applying (please include specific examples pertinent to your desired role).
Required UNR Med Recruitment Survey
Please complete the survey at the link below; this 1-2 minute survey will allow us to understand our current status and the effectiveness of our efforts in promoting diversity and inclusion at UNR Med. Survey data will not be accessible by the department for which you are applying or the recruitment team.
University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine (UNR Med)
For over 50 years the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine (UNR Med) has trained physicians who are leading the way to 'A Healthy Nevada', nation, and world. Community-based and research-intensive, UNR Med is committed to our four-part mission of education, research, clinical service, and diversity. We show this commitment through our demonstrated core values: people are our strength, we innovate and improve, we serve with integrity, and we success with trust and respect.
The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine is an inclusive and engaged community. We recognize that diverse faculty and leaders add value to the educational experience and promote excellence in our teaching, patient care, and research missions. We seek applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to our mission and uphold our core values.
Our mission has guided our growth in graduating the next generation of primary and specialty care physicians and medical researchers while maintaining personalized instruction. The School of Medicine has statewide outreach with a local touch providing patient care, health services, and training physicians in Reno, Nevada and in the state's rural communities. We are expanding provider education to train medical specialists as Medical Doctors as well as Speech Pathologists and Physician Assistants. We are actively expanding technologically-advanced infrastructure to keep pace with our world-class research to meet the needs of students, patients, and researchers. We seek to create an environment that serves all who enter our doors, from the physicians who teach our learners to our employees, patients, and students.
This posting is open until filled
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply immediately. Lists of eligible candidates will be established and hiring may occur early in the recruiting process. Recruitment will close without notice when a sufficient number of applications are received, or a hiring decision has been made.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
A background check will be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
HR will attempt to verify academic credentials upon receipt of hiring documents. If the academic credentials cannot be verified, HR will notify the faculty member that an official transcript of their highest degree must be submitted within thirty days of the faculty member's first day of employment.
References will be contacted at the appropriate phase of the recruitment process.
Applicants hired on a federal contract may be subject to E-Verify.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
For positions that require driving, evidence of a valid driver's license will be required at the time of employment and as a condition of continued employment.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UNR-external/job/Medicine-Reno---University-of-Nevada-School-of-Medicine/Coordinator--MD-Pathway-Programs_R0134947
Founded in 1874, the University of Nevada, Reno is the State of Nevada’s land grant institution with a statewide mission and presence. The University of Nevada, Reno is a Carnegie I Research Institution and has been recognized as a “Top Tier” Best National University by U.S. News & World Report. With an enrollment of nearly 21,000 students we offer 145 Tier 1 accredited degree programs. Located in the picturesque Truckee Meadows the University of Nevada, Reno is surrounded by numerous state and national parks, is 45 minutes from beautiful Lake Tahoe, and four hours from San Francisco.
The University of Nevada, Reno recognizes that diversity promotes excellence in education and research. We are an inclusive and engaged community and recognize the added value that students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds bring to the educational experience.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
jeid-7ba65d4b27e2d34593332be8dd2826dchttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18330977/coordinator-md-pathway-programsLoading. Please wait.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005