Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1150 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Round Rock, TexasNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Nicklaus Children’s Health System
Miami, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!Nicklaus Children’s Health System
Miami, FloridaNEW! NEW!Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
VirginiaNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Burbank, CaliforniaNEW! NEW!Beebe Healthcare
Lewes, DelawareNEW! NEW!Benefis Health System
Great Falls, MontanaNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Plano, TexasNEW! NEW!The Texas A&M University System
College Station, TexasNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Calhoun, GeorgiaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Rome, GeorgiaNEW! NEW!Northwest Permanente, Kaiser Permanente Northwest
Portland, OregonNEW! NEW!MultiCare Health System
Tacoma, WashingtonNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Maitland, FloridaNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Summit/NJ/USANEW! NEW!AmeriHealth Caritas
Wilmington, DelawareNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Calhoun, GeorgiaNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.ApplicationDetails
Location: Sewickley, Pennsylvania
Type: Full Time
Sector:Advocacy / Non-ProfitPalliative Care
Internal Number: 202854
Verland, a non-profit family of person-centered, community homes and services supporting 230+ individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities, is searching for a Chief Executive Officer / President (CEO) to oversee an organization with a total operating budget of $52.1M, 600+ employees, and multiple locations throughout Western Pennsylvania.
The main campus in Sewickley, PA is headquarters to not only their senior Administrative Departments, but also their Department of Clinical Services, their Sewickley ICF Adult Training Facility, and their ICF Department of Resident Services. This facility provides multiple options for many services including medical, dental, educational, and therapeutic needs. Verland also manages Community Living Arrangements (CLA), a non-profit agency providing community-based services for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities with homes located throughout Western Pennsylvania
Verland provides an “Everyday Lives Lifestyle” with person-centered programming that is specific to each individual’s interests and needs. Highly-trained Direct Support Professionals assure the health and safety of each individual and assist individuals in performing activities of daily living.
- 230+ individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities supported.
- $52.1M Total operating budget
- $4.9M Grant funded construction
- $15.4M Endowment
- 600+ Total number of employees
- 36 homes in 6+ counties throughout Western PA
- The majority of people living in Verland homes are funded by the United States government through its Medicaid Program.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO will have overall leadership, strategic and operational responsibility for Verland's clients, staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. Specific responsibilities of the CEO include administration, planning, direction, and coordination of the agency to facilitate the agency's objectives and mission in the provision of health care, enhancement of education and research, maintenance and expansion of funding sources, and participation in community programs. The CEO serves as the liaison between all departments/corporations of the agency, between clients' families and the facility and between the Board of Directors and the facility as may be required. Ex-officio position on the board.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic vision and leadership
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to all executives, and ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization.
- Collaborate with the Board to refine and implement the strategic plan while ensuring that the budget, staff, and priorities are aligned with Verland's core mission.
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Establish effective decision-making processes that will enable Verland to achieve its long- and short-term goals and objectives.
- Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board and ensure open communication about the measurement of financial, programmatic, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals.
Creating and Encouraging Teamwork
- Support, motivate, evaluate, and develop the organization's staff.
- Recognize team success, foster open and honest communication within the team.
- Establish collective goals, milestones, and formal measures of accountability for all staff directly reporting to the CEO.
Strengthening infrastructure and operations
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality services while managing for current and future growth.
- Perform operational oversight of the entire agency through appropriate corporate structure, departmentalization and delegation of duties.
- Apply and implement agency-wide established policies and procedures as required by federal, state, county, and local regulations.
- Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration and strengthen internal communications with staff throughout the organization; create and promote a positive, multicultural work environment that supports consistency throughout the organization's strategy, operational methods, and data collection needs.
- Oversee the financial status of the organization including developing long and short range financial plans, monitoring the budget and ensuring sound financial controls are in place; set financial priorities accurately to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports the needs of the program and staff.
- Oversee growth and expansion of agency facilities, staff, and technological implementation.
- Maintain a continuing program of formal and informal best practices in health care services.
- Increase efficiencies and consistency throughout the organization by developing and implementing standardized programs and services where appropriate.
- Establish personnel policies and practices that adequately support sound individual care.
Development, Fundraising & Communications
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion while simultaneously retiring building debt.
- Provide representation in community, state and national health care organizations as pertinent.
- Maintain appropriate family, government and legislative relations.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications and public relations—from social media and web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
- Review and act upon reports of authorized inspecting agencies
- Serves as a member of the governing body, as identified in the appropriate federal regulations, for final review and decision of issues regarding "appropriate action" in client abuse situations.
- Oversees the admission and discharge of clients.
- Assumes responsibility for assuring waiver compliance.
- Assures the safety and protection of all clients.
Minimum Experience and Training:
- Master's Degree;
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in either middle or top management positions in a healthcare organization.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, be self-directed and mission driven.
- Leadership ability to enable organizational planning and control of all activity of the agency.
- Exceptional leadership ability and interpersonal skills to relate to diverse/ethnic backgrounds in a manner that wins confidence and garners support.
- Flexibility in management style to respond to fluid conditions and the ever-changing environment and challenges of the position.
- Excellent communication skills to express strategies and ideas effectively to staff, clients, client families, outside agencies, and community, local state and national officials, Board of Directors.
- Numerical ability required to gather and analyze statistical data, evaluate reports, research studies and other data against both judgmental and verifiable criteria.
- General knowledge of all pertinent employment and Title VII Law.
Ferra Executive Search has been retained to manage the search. Please send your cover letter and resume to: Kevin Ferra, Founding Partner Ferra Executive Search firstname.lastname@example.org Please use “CEO / President “as the subject line when you contact Kevin.About VerlandPlease see our website.https://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18325600/chief-executive-officer-president-ceoLoading. Please wait.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005