Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1713 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Nemours
Wilmington, DelawareFeatured! Featured! NEW! NEW!Benefis Health System
Great Falls, MontanaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Emory University School of Medicine
Decatur, GeorgiaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!UR Medicine - Department of Emergency Medicine
Rochester, New YorkNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Temple, TexasNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Poughkeepsie, New YorkNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Raleigh, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Shawnee Mission, KansasNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!Nemours
Wilmington, DelawareNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.ApplicationDetails
Location: Shawnee Mission, Kansas
Internal Number: 22041937
Patient Safety Coordinator
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One for eligible employees
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time, Days
Shift: 40 Hours per week
Location: 9100 W 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Patient Safety Coordinator works with the Quality, Risk, and Safety team for the hospital and administration to organize a systematic approach to patient safety that is both retrospective and proactive/prospective. This position assists with patient safety and risk management efforts, and functions as a lead/master facilitator for the LENS (Learning ENgagement System) platform. In addition, the position assists with ensuring compliance with The Joint Commission Accreditation as well as assistance in meeting requirements of the AdventHealth Patient Safety Organization (PSO).
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Implements the objectives of Risk Management and Patient Safety Plan
- Reports potential risk management concerns to the risk manager
- Assists with ensuring the event reporting database is maintained with integrity, standardization of data and timely documentation consistent w/ AdventHealth Patient Safety Organization (PSO) standards and Kansas Risk Management statutes
- Effectively leads patient safety initiatives and adverse event improvements as appropriate
- Supports and encourages error reporting and near miss reporting throughout the organization.
- Leads and facilitates the PI teams, FMEAs, and RCAs as warranted.
- Coordinates assigned meetings to include review of agendas, notices, notebooks and minutes. Perform necessary follow-up based upon actions taken by the committee.
- Effectively coordinates patient safety initiatives and safety culture activities, such as safety culture survey and unit culture projects..
- Assists with regulatory compliance and readiness activities as assigned.
- Provides education formal and informal related to assigned areas
- Addresses opportunities for improvement with open, honest, outcome-oriented approach for success.
- Demonstrates excellent management, communication, organization, interpersonal, problem-solving, critical thinking, systems thinking, consulting, and team building skills.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and execute while pursuing various projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of The Joint Commission, CMS CoP’s, Kansas Risk Management statutes, and Patient Safety Organization (PSO) requirements.
- Cross trains to others’ assignments within the department to gain depth in duties and allow cross coverage.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Windows, typing/word processing
- Minimum 1-2 years of clinical nursing experience required
- 1-2 years of experience in quality management and/or related experience with accreditation coordination preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse licensed in the state of Kansas required
- Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) preferred
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) preferred
About AdventHealthAt AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18325366/patient-safety-coordinatorLoading. Please wait.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005