Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1572 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Nemours
Wilmington, DelawareFeatured! Featured! NEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Emory University School of Medicine
Decatur, GeorgiaNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Temple, TexasNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Poughkeepsie, New YorkNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Raleigh, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Shawnee Mission, KansasNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!Nemours
Wilmington, DelawareNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Yuma Regional Medical Center
Not Specified,NEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Institute for Healthcare Improvement
Boston, MassachusettsNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Daytona Beach, FloridaNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.ApplicationDetails
Location: Orlando, Florida
Internal Number: 22022252
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you: Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Orlando
• Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
• We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
• Career growth and advancement potential
• Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
• AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
• We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute: Under administrative and physician guidance the Physician Assistant (PA) will provide comprehensive primary care services, acute care services, and extended care services in medicine for individuals and their families. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, physical exams, diagnose and treat diseases and injuries, order and interpret tests, counsel on preventive health, and write prescriptions. Will have prescriptive authority in the state of Florida under a practice agreement with a supervising physician. Supports the quality of care, coordination of care and throughput of patients who have acute coronary disease, have undergone surgical or interventional procedures in the hospital with primary focus on clinical services.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Assess patient health status through physical exam reviews patient history, diagnostic tests and procedures and review labs and other critical data.
- Diagnose acute and chronic conditions affecting all organs systems.
- Initiate orders for medications, laboratory, and other diagnostic testing and medical treatments on appropriate forms.
- Prescribe interventions and performs therapeutic measures to ensure the appropriate individualized plan of care is implemented. Apply knowledge of age-specific needs i.e.: pediatric adolescents, adult and geriatric patients related to plan of care interventions and patient responses to care.
- Perform interventions in accordance with the patient’s care plan to include, but not limited to pulling chest tubes, pulling pacing wires, insertion of intravenous lines according to scope of practice and draining fluid from lung spaces and tissue as needed and according to credentials.
- Attend medical rounds with surgeon, and pharmacist. Coordinate treatment plan with other caregivers.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
- Graduate from a Physician Assistant program approved by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), the successor program to CAAHEP
- Experience in cardiovascular acute care; examples of this include, but are not limited to: Cardiac Surgery ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab, Cardiac Surgery Operating Room and Heart and Lung Transplant
- Current State of Florida State Physician Assistant license
- Physician Assistants-Certified (PA-C)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification
- Masters in health-related field
- Management of patients both pre- and post-implantation for Ventricular Assist Devices and Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Management of patients undergoing Trans catheter Valve procedures
- Public speaking experience
- Teaching/Preceptor experience
- Published in peer reviewed journals
- Research involving Acute Coronary disease states
About AdventHealthAt AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18324940/physician-assistant-cardiothoracic-surgeryLoading. Please wait.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005