Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 687 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Benefis Health System
Great Falls, MontanaNEW! NEW!Akron Children's Hospital
Akron, OhioNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Mansfield, TexasNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Morrisville, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Centura Health
Centennial, ColoradoNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Rochester, New YorkNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Apopka, FloridaNEW! NEW!Beebe Healthcare
Millsboro, DelawareNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.ApplicationDetails
Location: Orlando, Florida
Internal Number: 23002362
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Days, 9:30am - 6:30pm
The community you’ll be caring for:
West Lakes ELC is a facility that provides high quality early childhood education and on-site comprehensive health, wellness and social services for young children six weeks to 5 years of age, and their families. This Advent Health Orlando innovative and transformational early childhood education program leverages the CREATION Health Framework.
The Center is a 16 300 sqft, 152 seat, comprehensive, innovative and transformational early learning program based on the CREATION Health framework and designed to serve a mixed income community in the 32805 zip code of Orlando, Florida.
The role you’ll contribute:
Implements a strong early childhood program in accordance with guidelines established by West Lakes ELC and other designated quality standards. Is accountable for carrying out high quality educational services through the faithful employment of the curriculum, recommends changes to improve program and reviews ongoing activities. Is responsible for the administration of multiple screening and assessment tools with reliability. Demonstrates a mastery of teaching. Can lead, instruct, model, coach and direct the work of supporting teachers. Maintains in depth and up to date knowledge of early childhood education, provides a safe and nurturing environment for children that encourages their social, emotional, physical and intellectual development. Incorporates the West Lakes ELC mission, culture, goals, values, philosophies and policies into day to day work to create and maintain a comprehensive and integrated approach to early learning and concepts of the CREATION health framework. Works in conjunction with the Director of Education for timely and accurate documentation of education plans, goals, and outcomes. Serves as a liaison to all reporting managers to provide services to children and families that supplement educational programming, disabilities and mental health services. Demonstrates sound judgment in unusual or crisis situations and works to foster and maintain positive relationships with children, families and staff.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Demonstrates, through behavior, Advent Health service standards.
- Observes all rules and regulations at West Lakes Early Learning Center, the Department of Children and Families, Department of Health, Office of Head Start or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Conducts developmental screenings and assessments to meet the individual needs of children in conjunction with your support teacher.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® curriculum and CREATION Kids curriculum principles.
- Conducts weekly classroom team meetings to discuss classroom planning, lesson plans and individual needs of children.
- Maintains an engaging classroom environment that encourages positive teacher child interactions and peer interactions promoting good choices and trust among all.
- Provides clear child expectations while using appropriate strategies for behavior management
- Maintains classroom records, progress reports, permission slips, accident reports and other necessary documentation, using the appropriate technology.
- Plans with your support teacher, two parent-teacher conferences and two home visits each program year.
- Ensures classroom interactions, environments and activities align with guidelines and directives of the Office of Early Learning regarding educational programming, curriculum, program planning, development and training.
- Encourages parent and community involvement in both the classroom/center and in the home as a means of community outreach and efforts to raise in-kind
- Responsible for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Completes daily and monthly health and safety checklists. Communicates concerns to supervisor
- Attends all required staff meetings, school functions and in-service /pre-service trainings as part of the commitment to excellence. This position may include the need to attend weekend or evening events.
- Identifies and reports child abuse cases working in conjunction with the leadership team.
- May need to be available for a variety of hours as schedules may vary
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Advent Health Employee Handbook
- Assists in other capacities that Education Administrator, or designee, determines is necessary.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Completed Part 1 and 2 of DCF training.
- Must have one to two years of professional teaching experience
- Must meet 21 years or older age requirement for supervisory duties
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Child Development Associate (CDA)
- Associate Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or an Associate Degree in any field with 18 ECE credit hours preferred.
- Two to four years of professional teaching experience
- Must meet 21 years or older age requirement for supervisory duties
- Bachelor’s Degree in child development, Early Childhood Education or a bachelor’s degree in any field with 18 ECE credit hours preferred.
- Have 4 or more years of experience
- Knowledge and experience working with programs such as early head start, school readiness and the 4C food program
- Working in underserved zip codes and/or working in mixed income neighborhoods
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Must maintain staff credential certification by renewing prior to expiration. This includes trainings, teaching certificates and completing all in-service training hours.
- Must meet and complete First Aid and Infant and Child Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training.(Must have within 30 days of performance)
- Must meet and complete criteria for level 2 background screening as required for child care personnel in child care licensing regulation.
About AdventHealthAt AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18324588/teacher-childcare-schoolLoading. Please wait.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005