Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1504 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Burleson, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Benefis Health System
Great Falls, MontanaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Calhoun, GeorgiaNEW! NEW!Akron Children's Hospital
Akron, OhioNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, New YorkNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!Beebe Healthcare
Lewes, DelawareNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Mansfield, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobNeurosurgery Surgical APRN AdventHealth Medical GroupAdventHealthApplicationDetails
Location: St Leo, Florida
Internal Number: 22029869
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Medical Group
- Rollover PDO with service year increases in accrual
- Comprehensive benefits package; including tuition reimbursement and matching 403b plan
- Patient facing positions receiving company paid initial sets of scrubs
- Company Discount programs
- Growing Organization
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Communicates effectively with courtesy when interacting with internal or external patients and customers—in person, electronically, and over the telephone.
• Exhibits respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships within the practice, the hospital, and other departments.
• Demonstrates AdventHealth’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork through daily interactions with patients and their families, and with the medical staff.
• Assesses patient health by interviewing patients, performing physical examinations, and identifying medical and surgical conditions.
• Obtains, updates, and studies patient medical and surgical histories.
• Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
• Determines abnormalities by ordering and/or administering appropriate diagnostic tests, such as X-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies.
• Reviews and interprets patient test results.
• Provides pre- and post-operative care and patient education.
• Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections, suturing, managing drains, dressing changes, wound care, and infection management in both the clinic and hospital settings.
• Performs hospital rounds on surgical consultations, pre- and post-operative hospital patients.
• Performs and/or assists the supervising physician with discharge services including discharge planning, discharge summaries, and coordinating post-discharge follow-up care.
• Serves as surgical first-assist during operating procedures.
• Lifts, holds, positions patients, and stands during extended periods of time in the operating room.
• Performs surgical skin closures, suturing, and related operative care.
• Helps facilitate smooth workflows in both the clinic and operating room settings.
• Performs hospital on-call services in support of the supervising physician on-call, including both weekdays and weekends over 24-hour periods.
• Assists in emergency care services directly related to the surgical specialty including consultations and surgical procedures.
• Instructs and counsels patients and relatives as appropriate.
• Documents patient care services by appropriately charting in the patient and department records.
• Contributes to the supervising physician’s effectiveness by being part of the team, identifying short-term and long-term patient care issues that must be addressed; and helps develop the staff by providing information, educational and growth opportunities.
• Serves as preceptor for physician assistant students rotating through AdventHealth’s contractually approved programs.
• Develops protocols and processes to improve workflows and increase efficiencies in a risk-adverse environment.
• Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Proactively supports a culture of safety and quality to protect our patients and employees.
• Honors patients’ rights by following privacy guidelines, HIPAA, and code of ethics with our patients, physicians, co-workers, and guests.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation.
• Demonstrates commitment to professional and personal growth, i.e. completes all mandatory educational requirements, maintains certifications, attend continuing education courses/seminars, and acts as designated preceptor.
• Thorough knowledge of techniques required for diagnosing, treating, prescribing medicines for pre- and post-operative patients.
• Good knowledge in providing personal services such as meeting the quality norms, and evaluation of customer or patient satisfaction.
• Should be an active listener, learner, with critical thoughts, reasoning and possess good judgment skills to make decisions using scientific methods and tools to provide solutions to problems.Qualifications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Master’s Degree in Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner studies.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• State of Florida ARNP License
• Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
• Continuing education required to maintain licensure
Provides medical treatment under the supervision of the physicians for AdventHealth Medical Group. Conducts patient examinations and follow-ups, provides treatment plans, and counsels patients. May, in some cases, prescribe medication. This medical care will be provided within the framework of the hospital’s medical staff department’s policies and procedures. Works with complex surgical patients both pre- and post-operatively. Assists in major surgical procedures and performs minor procedures.
About AdventHealthAt AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18322570/neurosurgery-surgical-aprn-adventhealth-medical-groupLoading. Please wait.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005