Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1918 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Wilmington, DelawareFeatured! Featured! NEW! NEW!Benefis Health System
Great Falls, MontanaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Emory University School of Medicine
Decatur, GeorgiaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!UR Medicine - Department of Emergency Medicine
Rochester, New YorkNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Temple, TexasNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Poughkeepsie, New YorkNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Raleigh, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Shawnee Mission, KansasNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!Nemours
Wilmington, DelawareNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobVice President - Research Operations and Shared FacilitiesCincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterApplicationDetails
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Internal Number: 140400
POSITION TITLE: Vice President - Research Operations and Shared Facilities
DEPARTMENT: Cincinnati Children's Research Foundation (CCRF)
SUPERVISOR'S TITLE: Associate Director, CCRF
COLLABORATIVE RELATIONSHIPS: Director, CCRF; VP of Finance and Administration, CCRF;Vice-Chairs, Department of Pediatrics; Directors of Research, Department of Surgery, Radiology, Anesthesiology, and Patient Services; Chair, Clinical, Translational, and Outcomes and Health Services Research Committee; Chair, Basic Science Research Committee; VP of Planning and Construction; VP of Finance and Treasury
TITLES SUPERVISED: Director of Veterinary Services; Director of Operations for Shared Facilities; Director of Office of Clinical and Translational Research; Director of Research Operations; Director, Research Operations for Space; Sr.Administrative Assistant
TOTAL NUMBER OF FTE's DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY SUPERVISED: ~140
~95 in Veterinary Services
~35 in Office of Clinical and Translational Research
~10 in operations
Note Veterinary Services and Office of Clinical and Translational Research are two large shared facilities run by CCRF
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Plans, directs, implements, coordinates and improves the services and technical operations regarding space, operations, equipment, and shared facilities across basic, clinical and translational research throughout CCRF. Works as a member of the Research and Discovery committee. Provides, communicates and implements strategic, operational and programmatic plans and policies for space, operations, equipment, and shared facilities to achieve the mission, vision and values of Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center (CCHMC). Works with the Research and Discovery Committee to address space allocation, equipment, and technology.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategic planning
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for the management of CCRF space, infrastructures, and technologies to enhance research programs in alignment with the CCRF strategic plan.
- Develop and implement green sustainability efforts
- Research Space:
- Work in close collaboration with the Director and Associate Directors of the CCRF along with the Research and Discovery committee for overall space planning and optimal management of space allocation to enhance research activities at CCRF.
- Be responsible for maintaining an accurate research space database
- Co-lead (with CCHMC Planning and Construction) the Research Space Planning & Alignment Team to address building and infrastructure needs (e.g. renovations to existing space such as the R building and Vet Services)
- Chair the Research Space Committee
- Research Shared Facilities:
- Work in close collaboration with the Director and Associate Director of CCRF for the optimal management and utilization of Shared Facilities to enhance research activities at CCRF.
- Leads the Shared Facility Management team with Shared Facility Scientific Directors to maximize their utilization and operations for CCRF investigators.
- Develop and maintain clear operating procedures for quality control, accountability and the use of Shared Facilities' infrastructures, space utilization, and research program development for CCRF.
- Develop administrative structures to optimize the development and financial management of Shared Facility resources at the CCRF.
- Integrate Shared Facility business operations with the general CCRF research budget.
- Develop educational program and processes designed to enhance the understanding and utilization of enabling technologies and Shared Facilities to enhance faculty and research activities.
- Research Operations
- Oversee and ensure performance of the process to address and resolve research operational issues
- Establish and manage processes to optimize purchasing, contracting, and utilization of service contracts and licenses needed to support research operations.
- Oversee the Biosafety Cabinet Certification Program
- Oversee the movement of laboratories
- Research equipment and consumables:
- Oversee processes for research capital equipment allocations and purchases
- Oversee price negotiations and contracts for research consumables and research equipment
- Develop and implement standardization of processes for research equipment monitoring, safety, replacement, and repair.
- Lead CCRF resource management program (cold rooms, dark rooms, sterilizers, etc.)
- Identify needs and opportunities and lead efforts to generate external support for shared equipment across the CCRF.
- Collaborative efforts
- Interact with all CCHMC departments (pediatrics, surgery, radiology, anesthesiology, patient services) and serve as an institutional liaison for research operations and shared facility management.
- Partner with ORCRA and Sponsored Programs to coordinate and facilitate faculty onboarding and faculty departures
- Partner with EVS, Clinical Engineering, Plan Engineering, Supply Chain, and Purchasing to facilitate fulfillment of research needs in these areas
- Interact and serve as a liaison to CCHMC, UC-College of Medicine, and all UC Schools, Colleges, Centers, Institutes, Divisions, and Departments in relationship to research operations and shared facilities management.
- Masters Degree
- 10 or more years of progressively responsible senior leadership experience within a complex academic or medical center and experience managing a research laboratory.
- PhD, MD or MD-PhD
- Experience in funded research as a principal investigator
- Experience in research regulatory affairs
REQUIRED SKILLS: Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Organizational ability sufficient to plan and operate the activities and personnel of CCRF. Possess expert knowledge and experience to assume medical, professional, scientific, organizational and educational responsibilities for directing laboratories which conduct diagnostic analytic studies on infants, children and adolescents. Capable of developing, implementing, monitoring and acting on Quality Assessment and Improvement controls. Demonstrated innovative administrative abilities.
Cincinnati Children's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and treasures Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We are committed to creating an environment of dignity and respect for all our employees, patients, and families (EEO/AA).About Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterAt Cincinnati Children’s, we come to work with one goal: to make children’s health better. We believe in a team approach, both in caring for patients and their families, and in advancing science and discovery. We strive to do better, and find energy and inspiration in our shared purpose. If you want to be the best you can be, you can do it at Cincinnati Children’s.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18321402/vice-president-research-operations-and-shared-facilitiesLoading. Please wait.
- Strategic planning
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005