Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 500 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!NEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Fort Worth, TexasNEW! NEW!NEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Owensboro, KentuckyNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Foundation Health Partners
Fairbanks, AlaskaNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Elko, NevadaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
NationwideNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!MultiCare Health System
Olympia, WashingtonNEW! NEW!UNM Hospital
Albuquerque, New MexicoNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Ladson, South CarolinaNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Tampa, FloridaNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobLab Supervisor - Pathology and HistologyFoundation Health PartnersApplicationDetails
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Internal Number: 11178
This position is responsible for all aspects of patient result reporting in any assigned area of the laboratory, demonstrating superior proficiency in analysis, quality control and quality assurance operation and evaluation, procedure implementation and maintenance, superior communication skills, customer service, instrument implementation and maintenance, problem solving, leadership and organization/prioritization skills. Collaborates with all members of the health care team to provide quality service to our customers.
*Relocation, Bonus and Transitional Housing Assistance Available!
About Fairbanks Memorial Hospital
Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is a non-profit facility owned by the Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital Foundation. A Joint Commission-accredited facility with 152 licensed beds, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is the primary referral center for residents of Alaska's interior with a strong patient-to-nurse ratio and Shared Leadership Infrastructure. In addition to our exceptional clinical environment, our location offers incomparable lifestyle rewards away from work. In Fairbanks, small-town living, spectacular natural beauty and endless recreation combine to create a one-of-a-kind place to live, work and play.
Monday - Friday, weekend call
- Monitors daily workflow of departmental processes and works assigned shifts in areas of supervision. Maintains skills to perform all positions supervised. Responsible for day-to-day staff management and administration for a unit or other assigned area(s). Daily staff management and administration includes managing staff timecards and schedules, appropriate new hire readiness/processing/partnering, staff FTE status changes, staffing levels, staff development and education, corrective action management, staff portfolio audits, staff education completion, staff timely staff termination processing, etc.
- Supervises the operations of assigned areas, to include hiring, orientation, scheduling, educational needs & staff competency, performance reviews and disciplinary functions. Assists Laboratory Director in the resolution of systems issues and enforces department policies so that employee problems and conflicts are resolved in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Ensures that standards for compliance, use of equipment, and quality control are met as required by all accrediting, state, and/or federal agencies. Ensures regulatory requirements of the department are met, delegating duties to staff as appropriate. Provides director/manager with timely information regarding variances of these standards.
- Coordinates quality and safety activities including department Quality Improvement projects and plan, assumes oversight of ongoing proficiency and competency testing, and facilitates activities of the department with the QA committee and safety committee. Ensures quality results through the use and evaluation of control materials, proper instrument maintenance, analysis and reporting of proficiency testing results as well as the review of returned results with the medical director.
- Oversees occurrence reports, investigation of concerns (from physicians, patients and other customers) and follow up, problem resolution, record keeping and reporting.
- Makes recommendations for technical changes and improvements in their section with the section's Medical Director. Participates with vendors and technical representatives to maintain equipment services and other contracts for best product pricing, quality and future testing needs.
- Performs all functions of a Med Lab Scientist, or a Histology Tech, as applicable and as needed.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Foundation Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Baccalaureate degree (BA or BS) in Medical Technology or clinically related biological science. Successful examination and registration as a Medical Technologist with ASCP (American Society of Clinical
Pathologists) or equivalent.
Requires at least 2 years of experience as a medical laboratory scientist.
Must be able to communicate effectively, in both oral and written formats.
Experience as an MT in a clinical hospital laboratory. Leadership experience. Ability to utilize computer programs for reports and graphs.
Foundation Health Partners is an EEO/AAP employer; qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.Community owned and operated, the employees of Tanana Valley Clinic, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital and Denali Center feel a great responsibility towards our patients, our community and each other. People First. We are dedicated to the delivery of compassionate health care. We believe in kindness and courtesy to every patient, every visitor, every employee, every person, every time. It takes a tremendous variety of strengths to meet the health care needs of our unique community. We offer a wide range of careers – nursing, finance, housekeeping, culinary, engineering, information technology radiology, pharmacy, rehab therapies and more. As the largest private employer in the Interior, Foundation Health Partners employs some of the brightest, most compassionate people in Fairbanks. If you want to make a difference, if you want to work with great people and if you want to earn competitive benefits, become an employee of Foundation Health Partners. Foundation Health Partners is an EEO/AAP employer; qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18314813/lab-supervisor-pathology-and-histologyLoading. Please wait.