Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1892 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaMemorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Sebring, FloridaNEW! NEW!Yuma Regional Medical Center
Yuma, ArizonaNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Maitland, FloridaNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Hamilton, OhioNEW! NEW!Nicklaus Children’s Health System
Miami, FloridaNEW! NEW!UNM Hospital
Albuquerque, New MexicoNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Daytona Beach, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Shawnee Mission, KansasNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Brentwood, TennesseeNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Rome, GeorgiaNEW! NEW!Nemours
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Tampa, FloridaNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Tampa, FloridaNEW! NEW!Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New YorkNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Tampa, FloridaNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Valhalla, New YorkNEW! NEW!Oregon Health & Science University
Portland, OregonNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobAssistant Nurse Manager - Duke University Hospital - PICU (DCT 2B)Duke University Health SystemApplicationDetails
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Internal Number: 198708
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology & neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
Assistant Nurse Manager
Duke University Hospital - Pediatric ICU (DCT 2B)
Located in Duke Central Tower, 2nd Floor
Duke University Health System- Duke University Hospital seeks to hire a clinical team lead who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
The Pediatric ICU is comprised of 16 inpatient beds in a Level 1 Trauma Center. Areas of subspecialty expertise include cardiovascular surgery, respiratory failure, neurosurgery, stem cell transplantation, immunodeficiencies, hematologic and oncologic emergencies, sepsis, multi-organ system dysfunction, and congenital heart disease. Available advanced treatment modalities for these critical care patients include Extracorporeal Life Support (ECMO), high frequency ventilation, nitric oxide therapy, and non-invasive ventilation.
What makes us so unique?
We are a diverse, highly functioning team that collaborates with all members of the healthcare team to provide exceptional and compassionate patient care. We put the patient at the center of everything we do. We are a fast-paced environment with a strong emphasis of teamwork and inclusion, where everyone's input matters.
Full Time: 40 hours per week (1.0 FTE) with a quality and clinical focus. 2, 12 hour day/night rotating shifts and additional work hours for administrative duties.
The Assistant Nurse Manager, RN (ANM) is a role developed to work in coordination with the nursing leadership in an assigned unit, department or service to ensure the work is accomplished safely and effectively. The ANM serves as leadership support for staff, physicians and other related providers on service- specific clinical issues. The ANM requires demonstration of leadership, clinical, and interpersonal skills. The ANM collaborates with the manager on clinical and non-clinical operations related to the designated service area. The ANM serves as the leader support for the unit/department/service when the manager is unavailable. The ANM is responsible for supervising, directing, coaching and mentoring staff under the supervision of the nurse manager of operations (NMO).
What you will do:
- Duties and responsibilities include those required of the clinical nurse, preceptor, and charge nurse role. In conjunction with nurse manager, the assistant nurse manager will plan, coordinate clinical requirements for staff and ensure all CBO and CBE requirements for staff are current.
- Plan and assist with coordination of unit staff schedules and submit for manager approval.
- Coordinate clinical training requirements with staff regarding equipment and supplies.
- Consult with preceptors and orientees on a regular basis to provide support and determine how orientation should proceed on an individual basis.
- Assist NMO in preparation, oversight, maintenance and monitoring of budget utilization
- Collaborate with the manager for issue resolutions and projects to improve work flow processes throughout the department utilizing a proactive approach.
- Collaborate with different departments (pharmacy, radiology, lab registration) to resolve issues and improve work flow processes throughout the department.
- Participate with the nurse manager in the interview process and selection of new staff.
- Oversee various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, terminations and other related activities.
- Mentor/coach staff to enhance their professional development.
- Assess the performance of assigned new hires and orientees including entry level nurses, nursing care assistants and health unit coordinators; provides ongoing feedback and coaching.
- Understand and communicate potential clinical equipment or supply issues to appropriate support team members (Materials, Biomed, Sterile Processing, etc).
- Mentor and monitor the preceptors for all new employees.
- Facilitate provision of clinical/education updates and skill check-offs to entire staff on a regular basis.
- Provide immediate support or education on policy, procedures, equipment and supplies as needed.
- Responsible for learning, implementing and teaching new technology/procedures.
- Provide clinical consultation and guidance as needed to facilitate patient care.
- Round on patient and families to validate services are provided consistently within expected standards; provide service recovery as needed.
- Model and support the value of diversity in the workplace
- Give assistance and/or direction to staff to facilitate quality patient flow.
- Supervise and coordinate delivery of patient care for assigned patient care area.
- Provide oversight and support to charge nurse to ensure staffing needs/assignments are made according to workload, staff competency and scope of practice. Delegate responsibilities within the scope of practice and validated competencies in order to meet the workload demands of the shift.
- Facilitate participation of unit based staff on department and organization wide councils/committees.
- Facilitate assignments that support learning for the orientee or nurse learner.
- Promote an atmosphere of open communication that facilitates staff input into decision-making, resolution of conflict, and collegiality among all health team members.
- Communicate in an effective, professional manner.
- Support activities needed to ensure adherence to regulatory standards and compliance with clinical patient care standards and established policies and procedures.
- Review and provide appropriate follow up/communication on SRSs related to their team or patients in conjunction with NMO.
- Facilitate and encourage staff participation in departmental and hospital committee and council meetings.
- Attend departmental and hospital committee meetings as assigned.
- Coordinate, facilitate, participate or direct departmental projects with follow-through and appropriate follow-up.
- Other projects and duties as directed by the department manager.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing
- Three years of experience in ICU
- Charge Nurse and Preceptor experience
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
- Current or compact RN license in the State of North Carolina.
- BLS certification required.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.As a world-class academic and health care system, Duke Health strives to transform medicine and health locally and globally through innovative scientific research, rapid translation of breakthrough discoveries, educating future clinical and scientific leaders, advocating and practicing evidence-based medicine to improve community health, and leading efforts to eliminate health inequalities.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18296064/assistant-nurse-manager-duke-university-hospital-picu-dct-2bLoading. Please wait.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005