Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 2021 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaAtlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!The Joint Commission
UNAVAILABLE,NEW! NEW!Akron Children's Hospital
Akron, OhioNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Akron Children's Hospital
Akron, OhioNEW! NEW!Arkansas Children's Hospital
Little Rock, ArkansasFeatured! Featured! NEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Sonic Healthcare USA
Chattanooga, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Daytona Beach, FloridaNEW! NEW!Sonic Healthcare USA
Nashville, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Beebe Healthcare
Lewes, DelawareNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Longview, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Maitland, FloridaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Celebration, FloridaNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Valhalla, New YorkNEW! NEW!ChristianaCare Health System
Elkton, MarylandNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Brentwood, TennesseeNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobAssistant Nurse Manager (RN) - Emergency Department - Duke Regional Hospital - Durham, NCDuke University Health SystemApplicationDetails
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Internal Number: 196751
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
*****Sign On Bonus of $15,000 if qualified
******Relocation Allowance of up to $8,000 if qualified
The Emergency Department at Duke Regional Hospital is a community based hospital with a total of 79 beds (49 bed medical ED unit serving the adult population (transfer pediatric once stable) with an additional 12 bed observation unit and 18 bed behavioral health unit. Our team is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time.
Work Hours & Shifts:
- Full-Time - 40 hours per week
The Assistant Nurse Manager, RN (ANM) is a role developed to work in coordination with the nursing leadership in an assigned unit, department or service to ensure the work is accomplished safely and effectively. The ANM serves as leadership support for staff, physicians and other related providers on service- specific clinical issues. The ANM requires demonstration of leadership, clinical, and interpersonal skills. The ANM collaborates with the manager on clinical and non-clinical operations related to the designated service area. The ANM serves as the leader support for the unit/department/service when the manager is unavailable. The ANM is responsible for supervising, directing, coaching and mentoring staff under the supervision of the nurse manager of operations (NMO).
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include those required of the clinical nurse, preceptor, and charge nurse role. In conjunction with nurse manager, the assistant nurse manager will plan, coordinate clinical requirements for staff and ensure all CBO and CBE requirements for staff are current.
- Plan and assist with coordination of unit staff schedules and submit for manager approval.
- Coordinate clinical training requirements with staff regarding equipment and supplies.
- Consult with preceptors and orientees on a regular basis to provide support and determine how orientation should proceed on an individual basis.
- Assist NMO in preparation, oversight, maintenance and monitoring of budget utilization
- Collaborate with the manager for issue resolutions and projects to improve work flow processes throughout the department utilizing a proactive approach.
- Collaborate with different departments (pharmacy, radiology, lab, registration) to resolve issues and improve work flow processes throughout the department.
- Participate with the nurse manager in the interview process and selection of new staff.
- Oversee various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, terminations and other related activities.
- Mentor/coach staff to enhance their professional development.
- Assess the performance of assigned new hires and orientees including entry level nurses, nursing care assistants and health unit coordinators; provides ongoing feedback and coaching.
- Understand and communicate potential clinical equipment or supply issues to appropriate support team members (Materials, Biomed, Sterile Processing, etc).
- Mentor and monitor the preceptors for all new employees.
- Facilitate provision of clinical/education updates and skill check-offs to entire staff on a regular basis.
- Provide immediate support or education on policy, procedures, equipment and supplies as needed.
- Responsible for learning, implementing and teaching new technology/procedures.
- Provide clinical consultation and guidance as needed to facilitate patient care.
- Round on patient and families to validate services are provided consistently within expected standards; provide service recovery as needed.
- Model and support the value of diversity in the workplace
- Give assistance and/or direction to staff to facilitate quality patient flow.
- Supervise and coordinate delivery of patient care for assigned patient care area.
- Provide oversight and support to charge nurse to ensure staffing needs/assignments are made according to workload, staff competency and scope of practice. Delegate responsibilities within the scope of practice and validated competencies in order to meet the workload demands of the shift.
- Facilitate participation of unit based staff on department and organization wide councils/committees.
- Facilitate assignments that support learning for the orientee or nurse learner.
- Promote an atmosphere of open communication that facilitates staff input into decision-making, resolution of conflict, and collegiality among all health team members.
- Communicate in an effective, professional manner.
- Support activities needed to ensure adherence to regulatory standards and compliance with clinical patient care standards and established policies and procedures.
- Review and provide appropriate follow up/communication on SRSs related to their team or patients in conjunction with NMO.
- Facilitate and encourage staff participation in departmental and hospital committee and council meetings.
- Attend departmental and hospital committee meetings as assigned.
- Coordinate, facilitate, participate or direct departmental projects with follow-through and appropriate follow-up.
- Other projects and duties as directed by the department manager.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing required.
- Three years of experience in nursing practice
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
- Must have current or compact RN license in the State of North Carolina. BCLS certification is required.
- Must obtain a nursing leadership certification within two years of hire of appointment.
- Leadership experience (preferred)
- ED experience is required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of scope of the registered nurse, licensed practical nurse and nursing care assistant
- Knowledge of and appropriate application of the nursing process
- Knowledge of professional theory, practice and procedure
- Ability to assess nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients and their families
- Able to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others
- Able to teach patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care
- Able to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information, treatment, and follow-up
- Able to use fine motor skills
- Competent in BLS and/or other specialized life support requirements designated by work area
- Able to record activities, document assessments, plan of care, interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status
- Able to use computer and learn new software programs
- Able to navigate the entity to provide clinical care for patients
- Able to withstand prolonged standing and walking
- Able to remain focused and organized
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients
- Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.As a world-class academic and health care system, Duke Health strives to transform medicine and health locally and globally through innovative scientific research, rapid translation of breakthrough discoveries, educating future clinical and scientific leaders, advocating and practicing evidence-based medicine to improve community health, and leading efforts to eliminate health inequalities.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18296049/assistant-nurse-manager-rn-emergency-department-duke-regional-hospital-durham-ncLoading. Please wait.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005