Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1698 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
NationwideNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Shawnee Mission, KansasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Maitland, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Maitland, FloridaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!ChristianaCare Health System
Newark, DelawareNEW! NEW!Nemours
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!ChristianaCare Health System
Wilmington, DelawareNEW! NEW!Centura Health
Centennial, ColoradoNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Daytona Beach, FloridaNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobDirector, Lab and Pathology ServicesMary Washington HealthcareApplicationDetails
Location: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Internal Number: R-7946
Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Director is responsible and accountable for overall operations of the Mary Washington Healthcare (MWHC) Pathology and Laboratory Services and the corporate Courier system. The Administrative Director works in close collaboration with the Senior Leadership to develop an environment that promotes excellence in clinical practice, testing accuracy, reporting timeliness, regulatory readiness/compliance, and customer satisfaction, while striving for optimal efficiency and productivity of all resources.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Works in collaboration with Senior Leadership and Laboratory Medical Director to manage the operations of the MWHC Pathology and Laboratory Medicine services.
- Utilizes measurable outcomes and benchmarks to ensure operational efficiency, service quality/accuracy, reporting timeliness, and cost-effective resource utilization.
- Develops and implements an operational budget which optimizes cost effectiveness and service quality.
- Facilitates coordination, communication, and collaboration among the department leaders, Associates, physicians, ancillary departments, the community, and hospital administration.
- Evaluates issues from a systems perspective and works with all relevant parties toward developing resolution.
- Develops performance indicators for all critical operations, evaluates outcomes and provides timely feedback.
- Utilizes multiple benchmark and networking sources to develop strategic plans that meet community need, organizational goals, departmental goals, and industry trends.
- Develops methodologies to review regulatory requirements related to the department and ensures compliance.
- Develops processes and methodologies to coordinate resolution of customer satisfaction and quality issues.
- Provides oversight for the development and implementation of department policies, procedures, and standards.
- Directs logistical operations for courier management for the health system supply movement, mail distribution and specimen work flow, as well as fleet management for vehicle maintenance as required by insurance carrier.
- Monitors laboratory revenue cycle regulations and processes to include patient registration, coding and billing.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology with ASCP certification required.
- Master's degree in a health or business related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in hospital pathology laboratory management or hospital management required.
- Experience with computerized systems and programs required.
- Ability to travel to various locations for operational oversight required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.About Mary Washington HealthcareA Not-for-Profit Regional Healthcare System Dedicated to Excellence. From our humble beginnings in Fredericksburg, Virginia as an eight-room hospital to our modern not-for-profit regional system, Mary Washington Healthcare has seen enormous growth and development in the past 100 years. Today, we are made up of two hospitals and 28 healthcare facilities and wellness services. Community leaders volunteer on our Board of Trustees in order to guide the continued growth and direction of our health care system.More Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18293298/director-lab-and-pathology-servicesLoading. Please wait.