Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1948 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Nemours
Wilmington, DelawareFeatured! Featured! NEW! NEW!Benefis Health System
Great Falls, MontanaNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Emory University School of Medicine
Decatur, GeorgiaNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Altamonte Springs, FloridaNEW! NEW!UR Medicine - Department of Emergency Medicine
Rochester, New YorkNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Temple, TexasNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Poughkeepsie, New YorkNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Raleigh, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Shawnee Mission, KansasNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!Nemours
Wilmington, DelawareNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobChief of Anesthesiology at Grady Memorial HospitalEmory UniversityApplicationDetails
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Type: Full Time
Sector:Hospital, Public and Private
Additional Information:Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 106448
The Emory University Department of Anesthesiology has an immediate opening for a Chief of Anesthesiology at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta. We are seeking a board-certified Anesthesiologist to lead our Grady Health Systems Anesthesiology team. 5 years of clinical experience is required. Education or Service Leadership preferred. Excellent communication and collaboration skills are desired.
Grady is the 1000 bed tertiary care Level I trauma center of Atlanta, with an extensive burn unit, high-risk OB, acute pain service, POCUS (Point of Care Ultrasound), growing cardiac service, high volume Neuro-IR, GI, and other offsite responsibilities. We have also recently expanded our services with a new multi-OR outpatient center. Our highly diverse group of Emory @ Grady Anesthesiologists actively engage in the tripartite mission delivering high-quality clinical care, participating in innovative research, and education. Emory University’s Anesthesiology program includes 48 residents and 20 fellows in ACGME (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education) programs such as cardiac, critical care, OB, pain, and non-ACGME programs in neuro anesthesia, regional and liver transplant.
Atlanta provides modern big-city amenities with southern charm and hospitality. Besides a thriving arts scene, the city also offers world class restaurants, sporting events, and an abundance of cultural attractions. Other features include nationally ranked private and public universities, the country’s busiest international airport, and many opportunities for outdoor recreation. Atlanta’s central location also allows drivable access to the Gulf Coast and Florida beaches, Tennessee mountains and even North Carolina skiing.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Division Director will:
- Aid and advise the Chair in all patient care-related aspects of developing and maintaining clinical services of the Division,
- Work with the Operations Chief to ensure all contracted services are covered,
- Guide faculty members as they provide clinical care,
- Provide faculty mentoring, including assistance with promotion planning and annual CCPR reviews,
- Manage human resource issues in consultation with the department’s Director of Human Resources and Chair,
- Participate in physician and anesthetist recruitment and recommend candidates to the Chair,
- Work closely with Administration, Nursing, Surgery and interventional colleagues to improve quality outcomes and patient satisfaction,
- Improve the department’s compliance with CMS and other clinical guidelines,
- Work with the Administrator and, when asked, the Office of Compliance to assure billing compliance,
- Work with the Quality officer to ensure optimum care is being provided,
- Ensure the Division’s clinical team has skills to manage specialized, individual patient care, through development of training sessions and protocols,
- Ensure all members of the clinical team are provided ongoing didactics,
- Understand the service’s financial performance and budgetary constraints,
- Contribute to the formulation of policy and strategy of the department as requested by the Chair,
- Provide reports to the Office of the Chair when requested.
The Division Director reports to the Office of the Chair and will meet with Dr. Andrew Patterson, Chair of the Department of Anesthesiology, or the Chair’s designee, upon the request of either party. In addition, the Divison Chief at Grady will work closely with and report to the Grady Hospital administration.
About Emory UniversityDiscover Your Career at Emory University Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.https://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18287464/chief-of-anesthesiology-at-grady-memorial-hospitalLoading. Please wait.
- M.D., D.O., or foreign equivalent.
- Eligible to apply for a medical license in the state of Georgia.
- American Board of Anesthesiology board certified/eligible.
- Experience with transplant anesthesia and/or neuro anesthesia a plus
- Initial academic rank is based on prior experience and a detailed CV review – positions available for appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor.
- Criteria for faculty appointment include excellence across clinical care, clinical teaching, and scholarly activity.
1099 14th Street NW
Washington DC 20005