Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1771 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Vanderbilt Health
Nashville, TennesseeCHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!MultiCare Health System
Tacoma, WashingtonNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Summit/NJ/USANEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Raleigh, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Nemours
Wilmington, DelawareNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Akron Children's Hospital
Akron, OhioNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Poughkeepsie, New YorkNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Santa Fe, New MexicoNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Orlando, FloridaNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobAssociate Patient Service Specialist - Pediatric Hematology & Oncology ClinicVanderbilt HealthApplicationDetails
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2216721Associate Patient Service Specialist - Pediatric Hematology & Oncology Clinic-2216721
Job: Accounting and Finance
Primary Location: TN-Nashville-DOT - VCH Doctor's Office Tower
Organization: CHOC Hem Onc Clinic 309598Shift: First ShiftDescription
Associate Patient Service Specialist
Pediatric Hematology & Oncology Clinic
Provides service to patient either pre-appointment, during or post appointment with regular guidance. Responsibilities may include inbound/outbound telephone calls, cash management, appointment scheduling, process of insurance updates and patient check in/out.
- Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience)
- < 1-year relevant experience
Since its inception as a clinic in 1969 and a division in 1975, we have been dedicated to excellence in patient care, research and education in pediatric hematology and oncology. Our mission is to improve the lives of children with blood disorders and cancer, advance discovery through research, and train the leaders of the future.
- Conducts patient check-in and check-out.
- Schedules appointments through clinical communication or direct request.
- Provides positive first impressions utilizing customer service skills.
- Ensures point of service collections.
- Manages reception area, maintains orderly appearance of reception area; ensures method for accountability of each patient check-in; proactively communicates appointment updates with patients.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Sign-On Bonus Requirements:
The sign-on bonus is not applicable to current VUMC staff or former staff who have worked for VUMC in the past twelve months.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery, and patient care, VUMC is a community of diverse individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and where your diversity of culture, thinking, learning, and leading is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/Disabled
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education, and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
- Nursing Careers: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
- Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
- Our Nursing Philosophy: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
- Our Nursing Leadership: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
- Shared Governance: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
- Education & Professional Development: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
- Life In Nashville: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
- VUMC Nursing: http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing
High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and < 1-year relevant experience
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Light Work category requiring exertion up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects.
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Occasional: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
- Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Continuous: Feeling: Ability to perceive size, shape, temperature, texture by touch with fingertips.
Environmental ConditionsAbout Vanderbilt HealthVanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.Show moreShow lessMore Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18286793/associate-patient-service-specialist-pediatric-hematology-oncology-clinicLoading. Please wait.