Loading...Job Seekers, Welcome to NQF Quality CareersActive Advanced Search Filters: (Click to remove)Search FiltersUse this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.Search Results: 1905 JobsCreate AlertLoading... Please wait.Vanderbilt Health
Nashville, TennesseeVail Health
Edwards, ColoradoNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Malvern, PennsylvaniaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Raleigh, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!82903338
Methuen, MassachusettsFeatured! Featured! NEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Louis, MissouriNEW! NEW!Harris Health System
Houston, TexasNEW! NEW!CHRISTUS Health
Irving, TexasNEW! NEW!Nicklaus Children’s Health System
Miami, FloridaNEW! NEW!WMCHealth
Poughkeepsie, New YorkNEW! NEW!Atlantic Health (SP)
Morristown/NJ/USANEW! NEW!BJC HealthCare
Saint Peters, MissouriNEW! NEW!AdventHealth
Ormond Beach, FloridaNEW! NEW!Mary Washington Healthcare
Fredericksburg, VirginiaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!Baylor Scott & White Health
Dallas, TexasNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!Premise Health
Manassas, VirginiaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!Phoenix Children's
Phoenix, ArizonaNEW! NEW!Duke University Health System
Durham, North CarolinaNEW! NEW!Alcanza Clinical Research
Charleston, South CarolinaNEW! NEW!Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Cincinnati, OhioNEW! NEW!Loading... Please wait.Expand Show Other JobsJob Saved Save JobQuality Patient Safety Advisor - Pressure Injury Prevention FocusVanderbilt HealthApplicationDetails
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2210571Quality Patient Safety Advisor - Pressure Injury Prevention Focus-2210571
Job: Professional and Managerial
Primary Location: TN-Nashville-VMG Business Office - Blakemore
Organization: Quality, Safety & Risk Prevent 108644Shift: First ShiftDescription
Quality Patient Safety Advisor - Pressure Injury Prevention Focus
Serves as a quality improvement advisor to provide project management facilitation, education, and data analysis for improvement of systems and processes, under occasional guidance. Facilitates the development, implementation and evaluation of organizational strategies to improve clinical quality and care, patient safety, and financial outcomes.
Requires an RN license; Wound certification preferred.
- Education and prevention rounds including promotion of prevention references, identification of high-risk patients and supporting prevention interventions
- Validation and staging for inpatient monthly pressure injury prevalence surveys
- Support the quarterly pressure injury prevalence survey
- Review and follow up with units on Patient Safety Indicator (PSI) 3 cases
- Teach Skin Champions, Nurse Residents, Clinical Orientation, and unit staff regarding prevention standards
- Support the Pressure Injury Prevention Committee
- Collaborates with the quality departments and committees to collect, analyze, and recommend change in practice to improve patient outcomes
Quality, Safety and Risk Prevention (QSRP) equips and empowers VUMC faculty and staff to offer care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable and patient-centered.
The various teams within QSRP foster VUMC knowledge sharing to extend best practice use, reduce variability and facilitate improvements in outcomes. QSRP strengthens VUMC's mission to create best patient care through education, research and knowledge dissemination.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.Basic Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 3 years relevant experience.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Requires an RN license; Masters preferred. Wound certification preferred.
- Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Light Work category requiring exertion up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects.
- Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Frequent: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
- Continuous: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
- Continuous: Feeling: Ability to perceive size, shape, temperature, texture by touch with fingertips.
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
- Occasional: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other contagious illnesses.
- Occasional: Climate: Ability to withstand exposure to atmospheric extremes including heat, cold, humidity, and barometric pressure changes.
INDTBAbout Vanderbilt HealthVanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.Show moreShow lessMore Jobs from This Employerhttps://careers.qualityforum.org/jobs/18286332/quality-patient-safety-advisor-pressure-injury-prevention-focusLoading. Please wait.